SOUTHEAST PROSPECTING CLUBS: FIRST POST

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. Been lurkin and learnin. Guess I am new since I have not found much gold. Mostly panning and sluicing in WA, OR, CA, and AZ. Vacation kind of stuff when my wife and I head West in the summers.

I recall from looking around online, a club in GA or N/S Carolina who make annual trips to AZ or CA. The photographs of the locations looked awesome and I would be interested in joining and being a part of this kind of adventure. I would appreciate any information or leads that might direct me to this group. May be more than one for all I know.

It would sure beat that long of a drive without having access to properties and like minded companions.

Thanks in advance. Thanks also to ALL posters.....great stuff here.

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet! I'm not sure what group you are referring to but I'd be interested as well. Glad to have you aboard! -Luke

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a group of guys in Va that have a claim in California, they all hang out on the Va Gold forum, that may be who you are talking about but they're not a club!

Wes

Last edited:

Jwoot

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you the guy with the great mustache? Will you work for Todd again next year?

On a serious note... There are some clubs that prospect in your area but the only one I know of and I would stay away from them until research is done. The people are good but the club is basically just a guy collecting funds(150$ish) while the rest are normal guys who may schedule their own get together 1-2 times a year. The leader never seems to be involved. They do have a couple places to go so maybe it will be ok to join but check them out first.

They have a forum but I forget the name. They are good people and have good information on the forum. The forum will lead you to the club if I remember right. Google some things along the lines of "southeastern prosperctors" or "southeastern gold mining".

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a prospecting club, Gold Prospectors of the Carolinas and also a forum Eastern US Prospectors but we do not go to California, however some of our members do. These members are the ones I posted about earlier in this thread.

Wes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread