haile gold mine in sc

lucky strike

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, first post to the forum. I have been reading t'net for many years. T'net is the best site that I have ever seen. The wealth of knowledge from the members is the greatest I have ever seen, thank all of you. Now a little background about me. I am 70 years old and have been chasing the gold since 1958. Learned a lot from a great teacher/mentor, who is 93 years young and still panning. Now to my thread. The feds gave the final OK to romarco on Nov.3rd to start mining, the state gavet their final ok on Nov. 5th. The mining co was told they could start mining on Nov.21st, they opted to start in Jan. 2015. All of the tree hugging groupe signed off on the deal but one. They have stated they are going to appeal the ruling. They will lose if they do.romarco mining has stated that in the 12 years they are mining, they will recover 3000 ounces per week at a minume. In 12 years' they say on the low side of ounces recovered will 1.8 million ounces, on the high side the amount will be 3 million ounces. A lot of work but a lot of gold.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lucky strike

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes, I will pm you later. I have to get back to the shop and run more material. The winter cleanup is is my favorite time of year. You get to see the fruits of your long season of labor. Keep chasing the gold.

OP
OP
L

lucky strike

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the tree huggers filed an appeal. The mine will be on hold until the appeal runs it course. The people who are hurt by this is, the 800 who thought that they would start to work in Jan. This job meant, the process of rebuilding their lives. So sad.

OP
OP
L

lucky strike

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes,I think you are right, it's either that or they want to keep their name in the news. The money they raise for the most part,
comes from out of state. The lady who runs the mining co did an interview with a reporter, she released some good information.
She said at the start up of the mine, they would employ 800 people, then over 5 years they would cut back to 300.They will have
8 pits, the deepest pit will be 880 feet deep, man, that is one deep hole.The reporter asked how much the gold would be worth, she
stated, 3 billion dollars. The town really needs for this to go forward, they have been hurting for so long. The biggest employer in the
area is one of the state prisons. I believe the mine will go forward, and the tree huggers lose again. K C T G

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, but that 3 billion dollars is gross, it's going be expensive to get that gold.
I hope they do get it worked out and up and running.

Wes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread