BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting. Out of the hand-dredge ideas and renditions I've seen; I'm really "digging" this. I like your page and I added it to my favorites. Great stuff Bob! -Luke

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ol' Gold Vac was a bottom feeder,bankrupt now as they always ate holes through the header. Use a longer hose and elevation and yahoo off to the races-John

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed,
I'll be the one 'chummin for salmon' while my wife gets to see the gold going up the suction hose:icon_scratch:
John,
We'll see how long the PVC header holds out at the end of the season...if it makes it that far:dontknow:
Luke,
Thanks for bookmarking my page. Hope to post more pictures of quartz/gold specimens in 2015.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a hell of a lot of work... Maybe if you motorize the handlebars???

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For what you're after, it looks like if you make the mods John is suggesting, you're probably on to something good.

Let us know how it works out, and if you can, post a few pictures of it in action. (Maybe the cold has shut you down this season? I'm not familiar with your area though I have been to Placerville, if that's where you're at, and I've still got the bottle of small nuggets my boys and I got running a high-banker there. If your area is Placerville, that's pretty high up, and I imagine you'll be testing your machine next season.)

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread