KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
don't waste your money on it, there are many more efficient and less expensive highbankers on the market

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a cute lil machine! 5 inches! Do you have a tiny gold deposit and all the time in the world?

I'm an old man but I could kick that lil trommel's hiney with a $5 gold pan. I can process more materials of larger size quicker with a plastic pan. The trommel weighs 30 pounds without the battery? My pan weighs a few ounces - no battery.

It may be a great design made with great care and quality materials, it looks really nice - it still can't beat a gold pan in experienced hands. Learn to pan and save yourself the $1000 or give me the $1000 and I'll teach you to pan - no battery. :laughing7:

Just one man's opinion.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
K

kadookid

Dec 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies, your oppinions are appreciated I found it while searching the web, and was curious about it,

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like this. Mike's Hand Trommel
Look up AzViper....the man, the myth the legend.....
He knows.
Goodyguy, also great builds!

Sorry I have to laugh Oregon Viking. That's a good one...

How about those Arizona Wildcat handing Arizona State Devils a huge lost and Arizona winning the Pac-12 south to setup a repeat of playing Oregon next Friday.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... Once again I've got to agree with Clay..... He IS an old man! Sorry Clay but you left yourself wide open for that one! However he is right in his assessment of that "toy". The entire idea of digging gold is to be able to move materials and process them. Given a choice of spending a grand for that so called trommel or sticking to my trusty pans, I'll take the pans any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

One thing that it sometimes takes people a long to to come to grips with is that you have to let the area tell you what is needed to work it effectively. If you go out and get a lot of equipment before you even know where you're going to be digging, you're going to either be spending more money to get the right gear for that area or you're going to be limited in just where you can dig. Neither is an ideal situation. Research first, then get boots on the ground to test, then and only then spend money on equipment!

You don't have your location on your profile or list what gear (if any) you already have to work with. That makes it hard for anyone here to be able to give you good info. Do you have running streams or rivers in your area? Are you a fellow desert rat and have to use a re-circ system? Us knowing things like that will make it easier to give you good tips and tricks that will make your hunt for gold easier and more fun.

OP
OP
K

kadookid

Dec 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in southeast kansas about an hour and a half south of kasnsas city we have a lot of rivers and creeks, I just classify and pan there's not much to be found here but I get a little color once in a while. for me prospecting is about the hunt and enjoying the outdoors, this spring I'll be heading to colorado to see what I can find there and enjoy the mountains

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if it's strictly about the hunt and enjoying the outdoors why make it more work than it has to be? Hauling everything out to your dig site and back can be a lot of work in itself. More gear means more to haul, set up, break down and haul home again.

You really need to decide how much gold you want to get out of your hunting. In your area, gold is small and not all that plentiful for the most part. It's going to take a lot of dirt moving to get much. So the more ya want, the more dirt you're going to have to move and process.

Depending on which part of Colorado you're planning on going to, you might be able to get together with some of the other members here on T-Net. Most of the folks here are really great and willing to help a visitor to their area out. They can also tell you what gear to bring because they know what works in their area. Having a little help and guidance when going to a new area can really improve your take.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I have to laugh Oregon Viking. That's a good one...

How about those Arizona Wildcat handing Arizona State Devils a huge lost and Arizona winning the Pac-12 south to setup a repeat of playing Oregon next Friday.
My brother in law attends most of the Oregon games. They will prevail.:laughing7:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My brother in law attends most of the Oregon games. They will prevail.:laughing7:

Remember Oregon has lost the last two years to Arizona in regular Pac 12 games. This game is for the conference title, Arizona wins for the second time this year, I HOPE... :icon_scratch: It will be a great game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions