Goldhog Highbanker review

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You got one as well eh?
Congrats AA. I hope to hear from you, maybe get out to a claim or two together.

Glad to see your fire within still flickers in this cold darkness.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in, don't really have access to any claims though except the GPAA ones. And I'm less than impressed with those.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear the GPAA arent holding strong for you, ive had good days and really dry spells at the GPAA sites as well.
Keep strong. Be well

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You look like you both had a fun day out chasing the gold.

Nothing better.

All the best,

Lanny

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are in my buddies back yard. Literally... lol. Still it's a good place to mess around as long as they don't come tell you it's private property but I've never had a problem there :) The actual river bottom is at least 40 feet down right below where you were standing in the middle of the canyon. Everything there underneath you is tailings from the mines up on the east side of the main channel. So where you were digging IS on the inside bend, but you have to imagine that originally the river naturally flowed 40 feet beneath you before the tailings from the sluice in " ____canyon" upstream from you filled the canyon with those hydraulic tailings. This video is from a few miles away from where you were.

The old Red Dog Cemetery | Nevada Cemetery District is not far from where you were up on the east hill. I have relatives buried there and a lot of history in the area. A good book for you to read is You Bet gold fever: A true documentation: Jerry Brady: Amazon.com: Books where it tells about my Great Aunt Nettie being the only person to ever witness a murder in the town. The books are rare these days but worth reading. I used to dredge on Jerry's property back in the day :)

Last edited:

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
WOW!!!!Incredible that you have your wife do all the work!!!!:occasion14:
A lot of folks here are envious of you pal:occasion14:

A side note. The lack of abundant rounded stream gravel probably confirms what Reed Lukens says about tailings.

George

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife is the one that got me into this, so she is ogligated to do most of the work:headbang:

That's just awesome on so many levels... I'm envisioning a five inch dredge setup in your future :D

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a nice spot, what about the results, Any pics?

Also what ads you talking about clicking?

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BTW how you like the hog mats? They are great huh!

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At the beginning of the video, there should be ads. Most people just click "skip ad". If people would click them, it helps fund these adventures.

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What did your clean up look like?

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What did your clean up look like?

The previous weekend, we pulled out 3small nuggets, lots of pickers flakes and flour. The next weekend, no nuggets but same amount of pickers flakes and flour. I dont have a photo because it took me severl days to pan everythung out and it got mixed in with my take for the year. I will be sure to photo the take next time.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3 small nuggets sound good..!! Im definitely interested in digging into something further

Awesome work AA; and wife

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I am loving this place right now.

Looks like you are in my buddies back yard. Literally... lol. Still it's a good place to mess around as long as they don't come tell you it's private property but I've never had a problem there :) The actual river bottom is at least 40 feet down right below where you were standing in the middle of the canyon. Everything there underneath you is tailings from the mines up on the east side of the main channel. So where you were digging IS on the inside bend, but you have to imagine that originally the river naturally flowed 40 feet beneath you before the tailings from the sluice in " ____canyon" upstream from you filled the canyon with those hydraulic tailings. This video is from a few miles away from where you were.

The old Red Dog Cemetery | Nevada Cemetery District is not far from where you were up on the east hill. I have relatives buried there and a lot of history in the area. A good book for you to read is You Bet gold fever: A true documentation: Jerry Brady: Amazon.com: Books where it tells about my Great Aunt Nettie being the only person to ever witness a murder in the town. The books are rare these days but worth reading. I used to dredge on Jerry's property back in the day :)

Holy Moses! We live in the same town/area. I used to go there all the time 4x4ing, shooting and "cave" exploring (really man-made tunnels). Reed I love Red Dog! It's awesome out there! Thanks for the book reference and I love to hear about your history.

And I thought I was the only crazy wife who got my husband into mining. HA! Couples mining retreat! :icon_cheers:

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Holy Moses! We live in the same town/area. I used to go there all the time 4x4ing, shooting and "cave" exploring (really man-made tunnels). Reed I love Red Dog! It's awesome out there! Thanks for the book reference and I love to hear about your history.

And I thought I was the only crazy wife who got my husband into mining. HA! Couples mining retreat! :icon_cheers:

Planning on thus weekend if the couples are interested .

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alas we have no sluice or high banker. Just a couple of goobers with pans still. Have big plans for a Bazooka though! :laughing7:

A.A. that's gonna be one mud hole of a road to get down there with all the rain we've had the last couple of days!

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alas we have no sluice or high banker. Just a couple of goobers with pans still. Have big plans for a Bazooka though! :laughing7:

A.A. that's gonna be one mud hole of a road to get down there with all the rain we've had the last couple of days!

well if it kooks like the road might dry tomorrow, lemme know. we have a starter sluice you could use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions