Gold Hog Raptor Worth the price?

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Raptor Gold Highbanker

Its about a thousand bucks, would it be worth it to just bite the bullet and order one? Or would it be cheaper to have a local fabricator cut the pieces and manually construct it? I just graduated college and don't have the funds readily available to buy all the metal working tools necessary to make it worth building my own. just would like to hear from those who have used it or have experience dealing with custom builds.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
North-East Oregon, plenty of gold around i just struggle to find and catch it haha

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Raptor is proven and you get it right away instead of waiting for one to be fabbed up.

Also, if it wasn't worth that then it wouldn't sell at that price and they would lower their prices.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could find a used hi-banker on craigslist and add hog matts. That's what I did. I've made some other mods to make it more like a raptor. I've only got about $250.00 in to it. I got lucky and scored the box for $80.00. Had the pump already. Your asking if its worth it and you don't have money. I wouldn't buy anything beyond a sluice box until you can find about a 1/4 to 1/2 gram sniping and or running a sluice in a 4 to 6 hour period. If you can't do that I don't think a hi-banker is going to produce much for you. And your going to get discouraged. Work on being a better prospector. And when you feel like your equipment is holding you back versus your skill level that's when you move up to bigger gear.

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Raptor Gold Highbanker

Its about a thousand bucks, would it be worth it to just bite the bullet and order one? Or would it be cheaper to have a local fabricator cut the pieces and manually construct it? I just graduated college and don't have the funds readily available to buy all the metal working tools necessary to make it worth building my own. just would like to hear from those who have used it or have experience dealing with custom builds.

I have the Raptor and LOVE IT!, got it a few weeks back ran it about 6 days now and can tell you for a highbanker it is well worth the price.... Here is some of the gold I found with it and a few vids of it running http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...y-new-gold-hog-raptor-highbanker-results.html

As far as getting a shop to construct one for you, Unless your friends with the shop that is going to give you a good deal then I would just order the raptor... It comes with legs and those legs bought from other sites can cost over $100 alone... Plus with the raptor you get a pre configured mat that has a few styles of hog mats combined into one, instead of having to be stuck with one or two kind of hog mats... You would have to ask Doc how many styles of mats are built into the raptor but I think it is around 4-5, I could be wrong but pretty sure...

Now if you don't have the grand to spend on it then I would do what Goldwasher said, look locally used or get on ebay and buy some DIY Sluice plates, then buy the mats, legs etc etc....

But if your going to be able to get out and move dirt often then I would bite the bullet and order the Raptor...... The Raptor will catch the tiniest micro gold to the chunky gold...... It is all about setting it up and making adjustments..

IMO

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well gold hog highabnkera are known to be of hogh prestige so if your going to get a highbanker its a very reasonable option

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread