Big Green Radicals

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow!

Very revealing on just how expensive radical enviro's are. Those are some huge numbers; moreover, those are huge numbers for motivation.

Thanks, and all the best,

Lanny

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Amen!

Just goes to show that these groups are more interested in lining their pockets than actually doing something to help the environment. Between their lobbyists, "Sue and Settle" tactics and everything their actions cause, they're bleeding this country dry. We as miners (Gold, coal, etc) have felt much of the brunt of their agenda. It's way past time to put a collar on these dogs and get them back in check. They're costing our country way too much money and NOT doing anything to really earn it.

These groups MIGHT do a clean up along a river or beach once a year or so if they can get some press coverage. Miners of all types are cleaning up year round with no fanfare or media coverage. Dredgers in particular do more to clean up Mercury in a year than these groups have done since they showed up on the scene. Yet they're the ones getting all the money from the grubberment for doing nothing. To quote Hoser John...SIC SIC SIC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
And to think that "we" are funding these wacoenviromentalists through the courts "giving" them money for "their" efforts by the millions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! makes me sick to think about it! and all the time these wacoenviromentalists are stuffing their pockets and using it to fight ALL OF AMERICA!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK. So they figured out how to do it and get $$$$$. They figured out the method to get their lawsuits paid for by you. All being done over and over again.

Maybe it is time for the "other side of the coin" to adopt the same technique. Oh.... did I not see somewhere that the Sierra Fund was going to dredge for mercury.

It is all in the goody/goody name one calls its organization and sells the "good ship lollipop" concept. I am not sure if I ever mentioned it on this forum but many years ago I did just that: Formed a "Good Ship Lollipop" non-profit organization and actually changed the attitudes of people and made the "greenie" groups look like fools....( a whole different issue....not mining). As a matter of fact many "greenie" group leaders would seek me out ad call me at home telling me that my organization was making their "greenie" group look like idiots. I knew that at the time...as that was the reason for forming my non-profit....with a "Good Ship Lollipop" name.

I just noticed that a leader of the Portland Oregon GPAA chapter had done the same thing.....he came up with a similar concept. [email protected]

But all you miners may notice that the new Land Matters web sight gives out valid information supporting correct application of land matters. Much of it pertains to and is relevant to mining. Just who funds that web sight?...:...giving the mining community much needed valid info and scientific facts as well as law and policies etc etc etc.

Typically what I see, is people wanting to complain about how the "greenie" groups cause change and use their approach to obtain money and political power: but I fail to see the "other side of the coin" groups obtain the $$$$$$ needed to counter the "greenies". I am not sure if liberals have more $$$$ than the conservatives or what it is. But the "greenie" tactic works.

So just for thoughtful consideration I'll point out a case experience:

One of the most influential local Oregon "greenie" groups was "The Oregon Natural Resource Council"...ODRC. They were focused, and adamant about closing the Oregon Dunes Recreation Area and adjacent beaches to ORV use. They came up with their own critter eventually that was what the spotted owl was to the forest/timber harvest.....the coastal population of western snowy plovers.

Long story short. My non-profit was the ODRC (note the closeness to their abbreviation) that stood for "Oregon Dunes Restoration Council".
Note the "good Ship Lollipop" approach. BUT my scientific background along with available data brought forth the scientific facts...and the "greenie" lies were obvious. People wanted to flock to saving the Oregon Dunes. The science actually showed that ORV use benefitted the plover and the ecosystem.....and that the plover problems were not related to the ORV use. We went further and showed that the vegetation the "greenie" groups wanted to protect was destroying the dunes and destroying plover habitat.

Etc Etc Etc. I applaud all those who walk the walk and put effort into countering the "greenie" money hungry lies. But it is always easier to talk the talk as opposed to walking the walk. So give thought to actually doing something....it is not that hard....it just takes a huge amount of time and devotion. Evidently the "greenie" groups have the time and devotion.

So you can go to: http://americanmininglawforum.myfastforum.org/index.php and learn something. You can also go to "Land Matters" http://www.mylandmatters.org/ and learn something. Knowledge can be a useful tool. Take it and do something with it. And if you don't have the time you can help out with financial support....that is what the "greenie" groupies do.

Bejay

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions