Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found it interesting that a PLP card carried some weight while out in the field. I'll confess I had not been to their site in some time. So I made a small donation and was happy that an anonymous donor was matching donations till the 31st. Anyway, I went to the site and found a good read...suitable for printing out if it defends you and what you are doing. It was updated this year but I don't know how/what.

PUBLIC LANDS FOR THE PEOPLE - A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Jerry has had some recent health problems, and my hope is that he will make a complete and speedy recovery.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
A lot of the board members are getting old and some aren't in the best health . some are wanting to be replaced because of health problems from what ive heard.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hard to replace a guy like Jerry Hobbs, who has been the heartbeat of the pro small minning movement, will be no easy task....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hard to replace a guy like Jerry Hobbs, who has been the heartbeat of the pro small minning movement, will be no easy task....

Actually I don't think anybody could replace Jerry because of his dedication. someone will eventually fill his job and theres qualified people todo so! Jerry would be SORELY MISSED

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully Jerry hang around for a long time yet. VP Walt Wegner would be the logical successor. I met him a couple of years ago at a GPAA gold show in Rapid City SD. Very knowledgeable and dedicated officer of the PLP.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hopefully Jerry hang around for a long time yet. VP Walt Wegner would be the logical successor. I met him a couple of years ago at a GPAA gold show in Rapid City SD. Very knowledgeable and dedicated officer of the PLP.

And Walts a nice guy to boot! I was with him at the Misery Gold Show in St. Joe Misery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread