pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recomend looking at cabelas or bass pro shops for a mountain pack. They are used for back packing hunting trips are are designed to carry all sorts of stuff. Not cheap but will definetly get the job done for you.

OP
OP
jmy74

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
Never thought to check cabelas I will def do that. Sucks because I know in my head exactly what I want I just can't seem to find a pack with all the specs I want

Caribou369

Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a basic north face day pack that holds three pans, two small shovels, sniping bulbs, two crevicing hooks, two water bottles, and a bunch of smaller gear like snacks, small first aid kit, compass and maps, journal, etc. it works great.

Do you have a budget range in mind? I have my eye on eventually getting a Patagonia Ascensionist 35 Pack, but those honeys are not cheap.

Keep looking around and you will find the pack with your name on it that fits your kit just so.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have an Alice pack also and it is rugged, durable and comfortable. Got it at a surplus store with new padding for $75.00 Can carry a bucket with a bazooka prospector stuffed in it, all my tools , lunch and bottles of water.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alice Pack...never heard of it til now, but it looks
like a perfect solution for packing in your gear:

AMAZON

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out the Stansport Deluxe Freighter Aluminum Pack Frame on Amazon for $60. It's got a shelf you can strap buckets and a sluice to and it's cheap :D.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought mine used off Craigslist.

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miners Creek in Wickenburg Az has a hugh assortment of back packs in stock.Casey is the owner.(928)684-7014

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet another vote for the surplus ALICE pack. Plenty of attachment points on the outside and lots of room on the inside. I prefer the larger Long Range Recon Patrol (LRRP) pack as when I hit the field I'm out for a minimum of a week at a time. Granted you may not need all the room that the LRRP pack has, but it's nice to know you'll have it when you need it! And the quick release shoulder straps are also a handy feature.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I have multiple packs for different occasions. I use The North Face, Osprey, Kelty and High Adventure backpacks. The Osprey packs have been most impressive.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have an old rubber coated canvas european bag. bought it off a guy here at work who is from germany. he got it from a military surplus auction about 30 years ago. i can see if he has anymore. i only paid him 20 for it. 100% water proof.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are pretty nice Ducky. Sportsman;s Discount carries them from time to time.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MARPAT 3 Day Assault Pack is what I use now as its much easier to accessorize with different external pouches(used a ALICE for years but this works better for me)

OP
OP
jmy74

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
Thank you all for your input I think only people that do this would understand what I'm looking for. Love the 3 day assault and also liking the tenzing tz1200.

OP
OP
jmy74

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
And I don't think I could lie without the pawn shops I think half of my tools are from pawn shops. Trying to stay in the $50-$75 range if I buy new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread