Miners Moss?

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought a new dredge and box is lined with the blue miners moss. I've never used it until today but I've always used regular carpet and the black rubber in my dredges. I was wondering if people had any opinions about what's better or what they like better. I feel like a lot of fines might get through and vibrate out the bottom of the box and that I need something underneath. Also what's the easiest way to clean it out, seems like a lot of particles were still in there even after I cleaned it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oil - Check
Spark - Check
Fuel - Check

Won't even try to turn over when I pull it. Getting spark to the cable and used starter fluid to try and pop it over just in case it was an issue with the fuel not getting to the carb and not even a chug-a-lug. The sparkplug was extremely fowled however and so tomorrow I'll run and get another. Pulls fine, and no odd sounds so I'm guessing the spark is firing the fuel or else it would be trying harder.....Only other thing I can think of after the spark plug is the quick shutoff is shorted or came loose inside

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Check for bad fuel! I had this happen on a piece of equipment this year also! I dumped my old fuel and add freash and it started! it seems this newer fuels don't last near like the old formula of fuel!

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that would make sense as far fuel goes but I was spraying starter fluid in carb and it wasn't even trying to start or burn the starter fluid. If there had been a spark it should of tried to go off just that. So i don't think it's the fuel, I'll get a new spark plug tonight, if that doesn't work I'll pop the cover off and see if it's a short in the shut off switch

joncutt87

Nov 2, 2014
concord, nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you tried turning the motor with your thumb over the spark plug hole to check that you have compression?

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Replaced plug.....fired up on 2nd pull......operational again, thanks all

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alrighty then! Lets see a pic or two!
A lot of claims on the Little Applegate. A friend of mine is looking at purchasing a claim around there.
I really want to explore Althouse creek, as there was a 17 pound nugget discovered there....Applegate River - Oregon Gold
Stay safe! Creeks are now rivers...rivers are still roaring!

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ty, yeah I'm headed back up after the first of the year and try to get one more day in before winter steelhead season

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread