T-80 compressor parts

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a dead t-80 that I am trying to resurrect. I have found all the parts I need except for one.
I need a new eccentric for the drive shaft.
Does anyone have one laying around they will part with?

t645682_1c.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found the one on armadillo And I found one other online but I was really hoping to buy a used one so I didn't have to pay north of $70.
I am a very stingy *******

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may be able to get the spec's of the bearing and have a new one pressed on the old eccentric.
I think I bought the shaft, end bearings and eccentric for $99
had to go dig out my old one ya its just the bearing thats the problem
$69 is a lot for a $9 bearing

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a bearing on the way, $4 from ebay.
all I need is the eccentric

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll look in our "parts bin" we have 4 T-80's but I don't think we have any.
Doc

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Or if someone had a dead T-80 I can buy for parts, that would work also

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a old one you can have just pay shiping if you want to try and press on a new bearing.
(edit) Cosmoline had to remember the name, thats what its packed with, its that old.
DSC05483.JPG DSC05484.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome, I sent you a PM

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, I sent you a PM

You might already know this. Put the part you are pressing the bearing onto in the freezer the day before. Sometimes they will just tap right on. I know this from dirt bike and quad cranks. You can even warm up the bearing, Not too hot. If the cam is cold and bearing warm it makes it easier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You might already know this. Put the part you are pressing the bearing onto in the freezer the day before. Sometimes they will just tap right on. I know this from dirt bike and quad cranks. You can even warm up the bearing, Not too hot. If the cam is cold and bearing warm it makes it easier.

Yep, thats a good trick. I have used a co2 fire extinguisher before to cool it off and shrink it....gets the job done!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome info there about Armadillo, I have 2 T80's that need work, one just needs the diaphragm and the other needs a complete rebuild.

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought all three bearings off ebay for $8 and some change with free shipping :thumbsup:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you look for on ebay was it listed for the t-80 or just go by spec's?
may need some somewhere down the road, if you could give some pointers.
$8's thats a heck of a deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what do you look for on ebay was it listed for the t-80 or just go by spec's?
may need some somewhere down the road, if you could give some pointers.
$8's thats a heck of a deal.
First, the shaft and eccentric arrived in yesterdays mail. It will work perfectly. Thanks you very much!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Ordering bearings is simple. Remove the old bearing and clean it off to get the number etched into the side. In the case of the T-80 you will need a 6206zz for the connecting rod and a pair of 6202zz for the main shaft.
Just go to eBay or directly on the internet and search for these numbers.

All bearings are made to metric dimensions and standardized.
The number may have a prefix which will indicate there is something special about the bearing like stainless construction.
The first number indicates the type of bearing like ball, taper, needle etc.
The second number is the the duty of the bearing. Light, medium, heavy etc..
Third and forth numbers are the bore size. In this case a 02 indicates 15mm. OD of the bearing is proportionate to the bore unless the bearing is special in some way in which case there will more numbers and letters
Last there is a suffix code. On the t-80 the zz means it has a metal shield on each side

20141223_181702 (Small).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions