Jeff’s Rubber Mat Miller Table

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff95531 contacted me in regards with some questions in regards to the Miller Table and some links on eBay. My reply was don’t buy and let me build you a rubber mat Miller Table. I told Jeff that the table does not need to be very wide or very long. With that said I will build Jeff a copy of my Miller Table but on a slightly smaller scale. Jeff will be in charge of gathering a tub and a means of securing the Miller Table where he can adjust the angle and side to side to get the water flowing evenly. (I suggest coping my PVC frame on a smaller scale)

The Miller Table will be 7” wide and 24” long. Does not need to be any larger and will have a vial mounted into the upper end making collecting the gold a breeze. The parts that you see below are what are needed and some ½” nylon plate to cap the end of the table.

Rubber Grommets, 1/2" Pipe, Vial, Water Valve, 1/2' End Cap, Brass Hose Barb, Rubber Mat, Folded Aluminum Box, Attwood 500 GPH Pump, Scotch Brite Pad, and #6 x 3/4” Stainless Steel Screws. Not shown is the nylon plate for the end cap and water diffuser.

For anyone that has not seen the finished Rubber Mat Miller Table here is a link to my larger table and video's of the table working. Rubber Mat Miller Table

Jeff1.jpg Jeff2.jpg Jeff3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I read through this entire thread and came across the photo of my knee. Forgot how ugly the knee looked. Well luck would have it I am 3 weeks away from another knee replacement. This time its the other knee and the surgery can't come fast enough. I am in so much pain and after seeing the x-rays I now know why. My leg is shorter than the other due to being bone on bone, this causing my hips to hurt as well. Hope everyone is doing well and finding gold...

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith, I hope you have a speedy recovery and will be able to get back out in the gold fields the coming season.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Keith and get better. It's a shame that we mortgage our bodies in our youth.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I read through this entire thread and came across the photo of my knee. Forgot how ugly the knee looked. Well luck would have it I am 3 weeks away from another knee replacement. This time its the other knee and the surgery can't come fast enough. I am in so much pain and after seeing the x-rays I now know why. My leg is shorter than the other due to being bone on bone, this causing my hips to hurt as well. Hope everyone is doing well and finding gold...
YEP now I have one of them scare also. I had my right knee done on Jan 5, 2016 and it came out better than I was thinking it would and LESS painfull !

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen & Friends, what a wonderful read! AZV - your builds are still on par with perfection and Jeff it is good to know you are having fun. Ah the surgeries, I suppose I should go in one of these days and get checked out again while I have insurance but I think I will wait a bit! What a pleasure to read, thank you for sharing...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just thought I would drop in. My second knee replacement has gone well and getting closer to thinking about going out and doing some drywashing. I look back at that photo of my knee when I fell on my replaced knee breaking off the knee cap on my left knee. Now I have a new right knee... LOL

I was in mining country last weekend. Stop by Ray Copper Mine here in Arizona and took this aerial video, shot in 4K if you can stream it. This open pit mine is nearly 6.5 miles long and 3 miles wide.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZV,
Wow, your video of the Ray is amazing 1) the views from above are filled with In Depth information of the area 2) how modern technology (a flying camera) can lend a hand to checking out "what is there". If you do not mind, what brand/model unit were you using and how long has it taken to learn to fly it out and back as having it back must be a good thing!? How much does it weigh as of course I'd be thinking of backpacking it in "and I always like to keep my pack light".....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought I would bump the thread and do an update.

Hi Jeff,

Thought I would ask if you have worn out the Miller Table after all the gold you have recovered. Keith

Last edited:

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Keith
Unfortunately due to extreme arthritis and all the cartilidge being gone in both knees are am no longer able to prospect, I do had gotten bags of pay from some on the forum but not in a couple years, since then I have bought some pay off ebay but hate to do that. I have a couple Ebay bags I am waiting on warm weather to pan even though I know it is salted.
I have gone more to looking for silver in rolls and boxes and bags of coins, not as fun as prospecting but close. I keep the gold I have found on my desk to remind me of the good old days.

IMG_20180413_063143395.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I WAS in the same position in January 2018 and several years back on the right knee , BUT I got both knees replaced and GLAD I did! Now I skip around like a F.O.G. again!:hello2:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
The material is HDPE High Density Polyethylene.

Here is a drawing on how I bend the material. I take the width of the material and place the material on a hard flat surface. I align where I want to bend the material I then place another piece of hard material on the top as seen in the image. I then use a C clamp at each end to hold the material flat. I then made up the handle you see. Again I use small C clamps and clamp the handle on each end where the material that I am bending and the jig handle come together.

Using a heat gun (not blow dryer) I heat across the surface side to side while apply light pressure to the handle until the HDPE is bent at the angle I want. Using a wet dripping cloth I apply to the heated HDPE to get the plastic to return to a harden state. I then run the the diffuser through the table saw cut the front edge.

View attachment 1101088

You might like this little helper..... it's cheap too....lol....
Yeah I know I'm kinda late to the party here but I haven't been on in a while. So I thought I would toss this out there anyway.
ACCESSORES & SUPPLIES Strip Heaters: Multi-Craft Plastics, Inc

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread