Honcoop VS Keene..oh ya..we did it

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow. Put some work in huh? Looks like a great time was had

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love seeing the side by side comparison :) Now you just need to find a better place to dig ;-)

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Kevin you are too spoiled in Colorado. Probably a darn good take for OHIO!!! LOL

George

That sure was a gneiss thing to say and I schist you not! <--- Rock jokes... I'm sure as a geologist you can dig it!!! :laughing7: :headbang:

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tim we should do a shootout this Spring, Honcoop vs. Keene vs. Frankenbanker! If not I will still be ready to do some Winter prospecting soon if you guys are down, if not we can meet up in the Spring.

I modified my highbanker by adding a better spray bar, gold hog mats and a second sluice. I started building a boil box last year to replace the hopper but never finished it, I'm also converting my 3" dredge to 4" so all the old 3" stuff is going on the HB basically converting it to a combo unit.

Here is a picture, the plumbing was an emergency fix with what I had on hand, I made changes and forgot to pack some of the needed pieces. :laughing7:

vlcsnap-2014-12-19-12h37m35s49_zps6813b72c.png

The boil box is about halfway complete

100_5454_zps0ff3c813.jpg

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice build Nugs! The cold doesn't bother me! Where you want to go? I wanna widen my box after the 4' widen out to like a 14or16" box..should help catch that ohio super fine..and Im known to push my box at times..part of being a newbie I recon..hehe

regnad

Greenie
Dec 20, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alright what goes here, challenging me with out letting me know Mr. Tim you know whats up the Honcoop will tear you up and Nugs game on buddy!!! LOL
Hows it goin guys Mr. Tim told me about this site today, Nugs diein to get out with you me and Tim have a perty good time when we are out you would have a blast..:occasion14:

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice build Nugs! The cold doesn't bother me! Where you want to go? I wanna widen my box after the 4' widen out to like a 14or16" box..should help catch that ohio super fine..and Im known to push my box at times..part of being a newbie I recon..hehe

Thanks Tim! I was thinking Bill's place, I haven't been there yet and haven't joined the OSPA yet either. I still have a lot of mods to do on the HB and dredge and a list of other projects.

Alright what goes here, challenging me with out letting me know Mr. Tim you know whats up the Honcoop will tear you up and Nugs game on buddy!!! LOL
Hows it goin guys Mr. Tim told me about this site today, Nugs diein to get out with you me and Tim have a perty good time when we are out you would have a blast..:occasion14:

The truck is almost done, I have been dragging my feet, I don't want to finish the header wrap so nothing has gotten done in over a week. I'm ready to get out there though, I haven't been out all year.

We should do the shootout in the Spring when the weather is a bit more tolerable and the days longer, maybe we can shoot a scripted segment Gold Rush style lol, it's all about having fun.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG old school antique Gold King boxes never die. What a hoot as I have a 2-"-2 1/2" highbanker unit I highly modified to work my way for better dredging recovery-John

regnad

Greenie
Dec 20, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds fun Nugs a little suspense keeps people watching and maybe a spot of drama... 8-)

Heres the video I made from that day with a few clips from Mr, Tim...

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG old school antique Gold King boxes never die. What a hoot as I have a 2-"-2 1/2" highbanker unit I highly modified to work my way for better dredging recovery-John

I picked up a GK 3" dredge and highbanker for $700 the riffles had be recoated by Keene but other than that it was all original one sluice still had the original carpet. Belive it or not I was able to get ahold of Mavis and get the 4" hose adapter for the dredge crash box, the one the hose screws into. I guess they were trying to get the business up and running again, the last time I called the number it was disconnected but if you need parts it still might be worth a try to get ahold of Mavis or her children. When I talked to her she mentioned they had a lot of pumps ready for sale and plans to manufacture them, they sold off the dry washer side of the business though. That was about two years ago so it's hard to tell what the situation is now.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds fun Nugs a little suspense keeps people watching and maybe a spot of drama... 8-)

As Mr. Tim's crew battles a leaky hose fitting, Regnad of Outlaw Mining tries to locate a misplaced wingnut that has shut down his washplant entirely. Meanwhile Nugs Bunny of Arm Chair Mining Associates works frantically to free a lodged rock from Frankenbanker as the clock races on!

Will Regnad recover enough gold to last another season? Will Frankenbanker recover Nug's goal of 127 fly specks of gold? Will Mr. Tim push the Honcoop to it's limits to gain victory? Tune into Gold Rush Ohio this Thursday at 9PM Eastern Standard time to find out!!!

:laughing7: :laughing9:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
haha thats what my videos lack! Drama! Guess I need to poke a hole in my hose! haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread