Gold Cube - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Gold Cube

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
    14 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Great Post DizzyDigger, I just bought one of those batteries off your link, sealed lead-acid 12V 18 Amp Hour for $35.00 w/free shipping! Should run the pump for my Gold Cube, just fine! Awesome man, thanks, Big Red

us
    Sep 2014
    Placerville, CA
    Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
    200 times
    Prospecting
    I had the Gold Cube and packed it down to my claim a few times, I had 4 trays and I tell you it was a pain in the butt! Gold Cube is good for cleaning up cons IMO, After I got the cube I got the Gold Hog Raptor, that was the best money spent.. So I would save your money and buy a gold hog highbanker or at min just get a sluice with some hog mats providing you have the water flow needed...
    DizzyDigger likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Western Washington
    44 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for all the replies, sorry for delayed response. I spent the last two days digging. I am now trying classifying down to 8 mesh before sluicing. Day one I found gold in the last riffle, not a good sign. Day two I cleaned out halfway through and did not find any gold in the last riffle. There is a lot of black sand in what I am working. On a good day I might run just shy of 20 gallons 8 mesh. Has anyone ever found that using something other than the green mat provided under the expanded metal is superior for catching fine/flake gold? After doing the hike twice in two days I am think that the Gold Cube may be to much of a burden to pack down the trail.

Dizzy
    Thanks for the link and the advice. We might have to meet up sometime, I am interested in seeing the Gold Cube in action. Have you used or do you know anyone who has used a Bazooka Gold trap in Washington? If so, how does it compare with a well running Keene A51 or A52 for glacial gold?

Big Red
    I'll look into the deer carrier it sounds interesting.

Oregon Viking
    That is a good link. I am tempted to try that.

Jvan
    I will look into the Raptor. How heavy is that set up? Is back packable?

K/247
    Last edited by kikinit247; Dec 29, 2014 at 10:55 PM.

us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3747 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you have a lot of magnetite then get an orange magnet The Big Orange Gold Magnet: Keene Engineering Online
    More than once I have mined in a place that will plug up a sluice in less than an hour. Separate out the magnetite and see if your sluice runs better. If you can shovel in and hold the magnet, you can check the amount going in quickly.

us
    Sep 2014
    Placerville, CA
    Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
    200 times
    Prospecting
    It is not easy to per se, put in a backpack, but it does not weigh much about 40 pounds... but you would need a dc pump I got one for $49 on amazon does a good job, you just need good power source auto battery or what not, or you could get a 20 pound gas 4 stroke water pump they cost about $140........ check out doc's site, if it seams to big for you to carry out to sites then I would go with the mini high banker he sells.... And if all fails and you only get some keene sluice or something then I would advise you to order hog mats they do wonders!

I carried the cube down to my claim a few days by my self and it was only half mile hike but was a pain in the butt even with a cart... Cube is a good stay at home cleanup system... Others may disagree, unless your in a super super super rich ground it won't be worth it... When I used mine down on my claim I could only do about 10 buckets of unclassified down to about 4 1/8 mesh buckets and the amount of gold was disappointing... Ran the same exact dirt and same tailings with hog mat and got bigger pcs and good recovery...

I am not putting the Cube down at all, but I think it has a place for fine gold to run cons through at home to catch the fines...
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10610 times
    Prospecting

Gold Cube

K/247 - 425Jesse uses a Bazooka, as do my nephews in WA. The Bazooka Goldtrap works great on WA River gold. Not as great on ocean beach sand but no riffle sluice will do the job there either, you need a real beach box when most of your gold is -100 or smaller!

You'll get more gold for less work with a Bazooka vs a metal riffle sluice since there is NO classifying with the Bazooka...means you process 2-3X the material with the same effort/time. More material = bigger holes = more gold. Simple math.
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Dec 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1183 times
    Prospecting
    You can always try replacing the riffles and mat in your A52 and put vortex matting in it, but you still need to classify to 8 mesh 1st. Another option besides the Bazooka series is an Angus Mackirk. The A.M. sluice works in slow or fast water, and I only classify down to 1/4" if all there is is flour. I haven't tried the Bazookas but want one bad......no classifying sounds wonderful to me.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10610 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mike(swWash) View Post
    You can always try replacing the riffles and mat in your A52 and put vortex matting in it, but you still need to classify to 8 mesh 1st. Another option besides the Bazooka series is an Angus Mackirk. The A.M. sluice works in slow or fast water, and I only classify down to 1/4" if all there is is flour. I haven't tried the Bazookas but want one bad......no classifying sounds wonderful to me.
    Good advice with one caution: According to Red Wilcox, co-inventor of the Gold Cube, vortex mat needs to be at a 15 degree angle (that's really steep for an in stream sluice!) for the vortexes to form. Otherwise the mat will just load up with black sand and you'll lose gold.

Like you Mike, I'm also a fan of the AM products, I have the Expedition. Been thinking about selling it though as I don't really use it now that I have a range of Bazooka Goldtrap sizes.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    1183 times
    Prospecting
    Very true about the angle problem with vortex mat. There's always Gold Hog mats, that's my next purchase. Then I can use my homemade ABS highbanker with a larger classifier, also as a river sluice if I want to travel lighter, and I also plan use the same setup for my 2 1/2" dredge when I get it built someday. I'd love to have a Bazooka too, but most areas I go to the water is just to slow and low, and my AM foreman is an easy pack anywhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mike_zpse418765e.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	1099396 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00112_zps17e194ca.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	1099398

But at the beach, the Cube or vortex matted highbanker is hands down the best in my experience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mike.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	1099395  
    KevinInColorado and Goodyguy like this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Nice how much sand was run in that cube to get that much gold

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    1183 times
    Prospecting
    It was probably about 1/4-1/3 yard in 4hrs of steady feeding. I tend to feed a bit to fast and overload the mat at times, but when I have a truckload of sand to unload with a little scoop.....I get a little impatient after a couple hrs.
    johnedoe likes this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mike(swWash) View Post
    It was probably about 1/4-1/3 yard in 4hrs of steady feeding. I tend to feed a bit to fast and overload the mat at times, but when I have a truckload of sand to unload with a little scoop.....I get a little impatient after a couple hrs.
    Yeah i hear that i just bought a gold cube to run my cons and am just starting to do a little beach prospecting here in nor-cal, i have gone once so far and found a little gold

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4464 times
    Mike that was a nice run on that black sand! now you need a auto feeder to get a controlled supply of material to your Gold Cube and give yourself a small break from all that shoveling! nice gold!
    GoldpannerDave likes this.

us
    Jul 2010
    154 times
    This is what we're using on the beach. Add the feeder and you can shovel.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420254901.054503.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	1101196this is my first time using my gold cube for beach sand and i ran two gallons of sand
    VE5MDH likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links