Gold Cube - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Gold Cube

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1183 times
    Prospecting
    Nice, that's some rich sand to get that much out of just a couple gallons. It's amazing how small of gold it'll retain....it's almost fool proof.....till I get my hands on it
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mike(swWash) View Post
    Nice, that's some rich sand to get that much out of just a couple gallons. It's amazing how small of gold it'll retain....it's almost fool proof.....till I get my hands on it
    Yes it is some very rich sand i probably get fifteen colors from les than a cup test panning the spot im on they used to have a mining operation here way back when. And the gold cube i couldnt say enough good things about it simply amazing recovery. Now just sitting here fighting to get it out of the final pan to the vial im on the third try haha

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor /Galice Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11545 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by yotaboy86 View Post
    Yes it is some very rich sand i probably get fifteen colors from les than a cup test panning the spot im on they used to have a mining operation here way back when. And the gold cube i couldnt say enough good things about it simply amazing recovery. Now just sitting here fighting to get it out of the final pan to the vial im on the third try haha
    Can you run the Gold Cube on the beach down there in Cali?
    Here any powered equipment must be above the vegetation line. The black sand here is rich! Around Nesika beach especially. Whaleshead creek has a lot of water this time of year so my beach sluice is happy.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Viking View Post
    Can you run the Gold Cube on the beach down there in Cali?
    Here any powered equipment must be above the vegetation line. The black sand here is rich! Around Nesika beach especially. Whaleshead creek has a lot of water this time of year so my beach sluice is happy.
    I didnt ask, the beach i am on is county owned but i am bringing the sand home and running it which is a pain but o well. The spot i am at there was a beach placer mine here long ago and the sand so far has been really rich for me too. I have watched some videos on youtube about gold beach thought about giving it a try until i seen how good the sand is treating me here
    Goodyguy and VE5MDH like this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420343156.477558.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	1101755this is fifteen gallons ran so far

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11545 times
    I didnt ask, the beach i am on is county owned but i am bringing the sand home and running it which is a pain but o well. The spot i am at there was a beach placer mine here long ago and the sand so far has been really rich for me too. I have watched some videos on youtube about gold beach thought about giving it a try until i seen how good the sand is treating me here
    Yes hauling that heavy, heavy sand home is a pain.

Name:	DSCN6041.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	1102023

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Wow thats alot more black sand than i am dealing with!

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    11545 times
    Wow thats alot more black sand than i am dealing with!
    Gold beach/Nesika beach ha A LOT more then that. Problem is not a lot of creeks for a beach sluice, and I can carry about 2-3 gallons of black sands max. Wet black sand is heavy. This is my next purchase. Sections of Nesika beach have 1-2 OZ per ton. The local sporting goods store here they are prospectors/miners. They are at Nesika beach a lot. They also sell pans, classifiers, sluice boxes, gold suckers, high bankers, dredges and they did have a large trommel.

Name:	bucket-hand-cart-stairs-1024x669.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	1102188
    Last edited by Oregon Viking; Jan 04, 2015 at 08:23 PM.
    DizzyDigger likes this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Sounds like fun but there is no where to run a gold cube legally Without packing hundreds of pounds long distance? I have a BGT but thats no good for beach prospecting. I watched a video on youtube where these two guys were just before or just after gold beach and they were running a Goldcube on the beach and there was some sort of water source

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    11545 times
    Sounds like fun but there is no where to run a gold cube legally Without packing hundreds of pounds long distance? I have a BGT but thats no good for beach prospecting. I watched a video on youtube where these two guys were just before or just after gold beach and they were running a Goldcube on the beach and there was some sort of water source
    My understanding is no powered equipment on the beach except above the vegetation line. I have seen a beach sluice 24" by 6' set up near a culvert. I have a Keene A52 with ribbed matting only. Works well. My 5 gallon buckets 1/2 full weigh well over 100 pounds. I remember years ago 4 wheelers all over Nesika beach! That would be the way to go. Of course the price of gold was.......low back then.
    DizzyDigger likes this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    So sounds like i need to bring some astro turf with me to solve that vegetation line issue...lol. Well looks like i'm going to have to go up there and do some exploring here soon i have nothing better to do anyways. How far north of brook is that nesika beach?
    Oregon Viking likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2988 times
    Prospecting
    According to the excerpt of Oregon Shore Recreation Rules shown below, beach sand removal is limited to 20 gallons per year! Pretty ridiculous to say the least.

(9) A person may engage in recreational prospecting as provided in this section. However, the department may restrict disturbance or removal to specific areas of the ocean shore state recreation area, by quantities of material, and by time of year.

(a) A person may remove sand from the ocean shore state recreation area for personal prospecting use. A person may remove a maximum of one five-gallon volume container per day; for up to 20 gallons per person per calendar year.

(b) Equipment is limited to hand-operated instruments;

(c) A person may not use motorized equipment, including solar, battery operated pumps, or other similar motorized devices;

Here is where the quote came from: http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/pages/...6/736_021.html
    Last edited by arizau; Jan 04, 2015 at 10:30 PM.
    DizzyDigger and Jeff95531 like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    11545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    According to this excerpt of Oregon law shown below, sand removal is limited to 10 gallons per year! Pretty ridiculous to say the least.
    "Removal for Personal Use:
    (B) Sand: no more than a five-gallon volume container per person per day; up to 20 gallons per person per calendar year. beach sand removal is limited to a total of 10 gallons of sand per year." Here is where the quote came from: Oregon Secretary of State Archives Division

OOPS I forgot to remember this the last time I was there.
    Sure. I have seen people on Nesika beach standing in a hole 5 feet deep. Running a sluice using sea water. major no-no X3.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    11545 times
    So sounds like i need to bring some astro turf with me to solve that vegetation line issue...lol. Well looks like i'm going to have to go up there and do some exploring here soon i have nothing better to do anyways. How far north of brook is that nesika beach?
    35 miles or so. Ask at Lorings lighthouse sporting goods store. The one employee has spent a lot of time up there. Mention my name! I grew up with him. Whaleshead is a lot closer. wear boots, cross the creek 1/8 of a mile....black sand.
    Jeff95531 likes this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Viking View Post
    35 miles or so. Ask at Lorings lighthouse sporting goods store. The one employee has spent a lot of time up there. Mention my name! I grew up with him. Whaleshead is a lot closer. wear boots, cross the creek 1/8 of a mile....black sand.
    Cool thanks for all that information its nice that you would give someone that much info its much appreciated if you ever need anything south of the border let me know

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links