Gold Cube
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Gold Cube

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2013
    Western Washington
    44 times
    Prospecting

Gold Cube

I am considering purchasing a gold cube, can anyone help me with the specs? I couldn't find them on the website, google, or searching T-net forums. I am particularly interested in the dimensions and weight. I know this isn't an easily backpackable set up, but i am trying to determine if it is possible?

Thanks in advance,

K/247

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    210 times
    Prospecting
    I just bought one and mine is the three stack i believe it is 12"x12"x12" and its less than ten pounds
    timthegoldman likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Western Washington
    44 times
    Prospecting
    Yotaboy86 is that the dimensions for all three stacks together or for each tray?

Thank you for the info,

k/247

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10626 times
    Prospecting
    Each tray is about 4 inches tall so he's referring to the whole stack.
    yotaboy86 and timthegoldman like this.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1186 times
    Prospecting
    That's about right, a 3 stack would be 12" high x 12 x 12. Don't forget the weight of the pump, battery and a stand of some sort. Backpacking would be pretty tough in one load.
    yotaboy86 and DizzyDigger like this.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Yes for all three stacked and i sure wouldn't be doing any hiking with it unless it were really close... enough to make more than one trip

us
    Dec 2013
    Western Washington
    44 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for the info guys, its about a mile as a crow flies to the spot. Its part trail and part bushwhack. I really need two pieces of equipment as I am dealing with black sand/fine gold deposits at one location and river run material at another. I was hoping I could get the cube up the river a ways. 12"x12" almost sounds doable. Pump will fit in the buckets, hose in buckets, stand and cube strapped to pack. I might look like a turtle, but there is very little elevation change on the hike. The over under fallen trees might be an issue though. Any suggestions on the lightest battery for this type of application? I am thinking something like a motorcycle battery. I should add I have a partner to help split the load.

Thanks in advance,

K/247
    Last edited by kikinit247; Dec 27, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3747 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Does your sluice box not work? Still the Gold Cube is great but unless you have very low water flow a small sluice would be better for packing overland. After packing buckets and screens in for a Gold Cube along with a battery, you may be better off bringing the sluice concentrates back home to the cube. If you have only fine gold then the Cube or a Gold Well will work great but a good sluice can be just a couple pounds.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    Does your sluice box not work? Still the Gold Cube is great but unless you have very low water flow a small sluice would be better for packing overland. After packing buckets and screens in for a Gold Cube along with a battery, you may be better off bringing the sluice concentrates back home to the cube. If you have only fine gold then the Cube or a Gold Well will work great but a good sluice can be just a couple pounds.
    Well if you are dead set on hiking in with a cube i have seen gel batteries for atv's that hold up very well might run you about a hundred bucks though

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    210 times
    Prospecting
    Oops didnt mean to quote your post reed

us
    Dec 2013
    Western Washington
    44 times
    Prospecting
    I have a Keene a51 it does the job ok, but no matter how I set it up I am always finding flakes in my tailings. I almost want the cube out there more to see just how much is going out the back. I have a stand, use a level and have tried many different flow rates and box depths. Low flow is not a problem. I am relatively new to sluicing, but have used the sluice regularly for a year now and have had a lot of opportunity to mess with the configurations. I am not knocking the a51 either it is catching plenty of fines. When I pan tailings I find fine flakes, and when I test pan my holes I find lots of fines and flakes in every pan. There seems to be a discrepancy between what I pan and what I sluice. I have another location and use for the Gold Cube that is drive-up ready, but it is all fines with very little +20 gold. When the river level is down, however, I hike in to a different spot with bigger flakes. I am in WA, and I am primarily in areas with small gold.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6090 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by kikinit247 View Post
    I have a Keene a51 it does the job ok, but no matter how I set it up I am always finding flakes in my tailings. I almost want the cube out there more to see just how much is going out the back. I have a stand, use a level and have tried many different flow rates and box depths. Low flow is not a problem. I am relatively new to sluicing, but have used the sluice regularly for a year now and have had a lot of opportunity to mess with the configurations. I am not knocking the a51 either it is catching plenty of fines. When I pan tailings I find fine flakes, and when I test pan my holes I find lots of fines and flakes in every pan. There seems to be a discrepancy between what I pan and what I sluice. I have another location and use for the Gold Cube that is drive-up ready, but it is all fines with very little +20 gold. When the river level is down, however, I hike in to a different spot with bigger flakes. I am in WA, and I am primarily in areas with small gold.
    Not sure where you are in W. Wa., but if you're in my area
    you're more than welcome to stop by and check out my Gold
    Cube. I have a 4-stack, as that is said to be the best set-up
    for the very small glacial gold we get here.

I use this battery:

12V 18Ah Replacement Battery for Jump N Carry JNC660 Jncair JNC 660 JNC4000 18A | eBay

I highly recommend the seller, as well (no relation).

A Gold Cube is bulky, so packing it in would be the last
    resort for me. I store mine in a 36 gal. tote, and have been
    able to float it down the river ahead of me.

As suggested, IMO you'd be far better off tuning up that
    A52 (I can help there also) and then just packing the cons
    home, then run them through the GC. For the drive-to spot,
    it would be excellent.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Feb 2012
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
    14 times
    Or, you can use your imagination and buy a wheeled Deer Carrier, like I did and find a heavy duty tub and bolt it down, load her up and do it all in one trip? Mine comes apart easily, (bolts/wing nuts) for transport and is put together onsight, in 5 minutes or less.....Even added wheelbarrow handles and holders on the sides for all my hand dredges/pumps. Works awesome! Big Red

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor /Galice Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yotaboy86 View Post
    Well if you are dead set on hiking in with a cube i have seen gel batteries for atv's that hold up very well might run you about a hundred bucks though
    How about a mini gold cube? A lot easier to pack. my 3 stacker mini-tray goldcube for $100 - Gold Prospectors Association of America Forum - Page 1
    Reed Lukens and Gelmac like this.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    984 times
    Good post O V, a little nostalgia looking at the old GPAA forum. I really enjoyed their forum/format. It's a shame they jumped the fence from their loyal followers.

Mike

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links