goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally secumbed and have a facebook account.

Well there goes the neighborhood! Just kidding Jeff. When it comes to FaceBook.... it wasn't much of a neighborhood to start with anyway. :laughing7: I've had an account thee for a long time and I MIGHT visit it every other month.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GPAA and the Outdoor Channel used to be under the same roof, I wonder if it will be on that network as well? Considering how bad the show; "Gold Fever" has become in recent years something fresh and new sounds great.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally secumbed and have a facebook account. While looking around I found this from GPAA. Looks like AZ, Los Angeles and Portland will be able to see it. Not me tho:sad11:

GPAA: Gold Trails TV Series to Premiere Jan. 3 - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

If anyone sees it, reviews please!

Had a Facebook account til' some old girl friends suddenly "reappeared" after decades long ago (been married now 22 years) Not taking any chances I promptly committed "Facebook Suicide".............Sometimes the past should be left in the past

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a Facebook account til' some old girl friends suddenly "reappeared" after decades long ago (been married now 22 years) Not taking any chances I promptly committed "Facebook Suicide".............Sometimes the past should be left in the past

Oh yeah, I'm using an alias. Now, if I can trust my few friends won't tell their many. If that happens, I'll be pulling the plug for sure.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Host Kevin Hoagland :thumbsup:

Thanks !

Now if it airs on a channel I can watch :tongue3:

just checked .. NOPE

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Might be available online after broadcast??

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
unavailiable in my neck of the woods! they're probly broadcasting it this way(cheaper over local network) to check if itll be popular or a royal pain before they put it on the Outdoor Channel...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The show is a pilot episode. Basically testing the market to the amount of viewership in these three markets. This will give the producers an idea if they want to pursue a larger audience and to sell it to channels such as Outdoor Channel, Discovery, NatGeo, etc. Most likely will not make it. GPAA can't even get their website forums figured out let alone another gold show...

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone sees it, reviews please!

It's being produced by one of our local prospectors here in AZ. I've got it on my calendar to watch. I'll give my review. Here's Kevin's Facebook page regarding his show.

Here's another article regarding the show penned by another one of our local prospectors.

I wish Kevin great success. Long before I was even interested in gold prospecting, I use to run into him quite frequently when riding dirt bikes out in the San Domingo, and the Red and White Picacho areas.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Kevin from the last 2 Gold & Treasure shows to take place in Pennsylvania.
he was at the Minelab booths & also did Talks

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I realize not everyone is a fan, but I really enjoy watching the
Gold Fever shows.

Tom does some odd antics from time to time, but I've never
yet watched one of the shows when I didn't learn something
that would help me in my own prospecting. It's good entertainment,
and it's been great watching his daughter, Kia, growing up on the
show. He's taught her and she's listened, and it shows. No doubt
that girl could find plenty of gold on her own, and I'm sure she will.

This new show makes me wonder what they're up to. Could be Tom
is just getting tired of doing the shows, but I'm more concerned that
this will be little more than a poorly disguised GPAA recruiting show.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize not everyone is a fan, but I really enjoy watching the
Gold Fever shows.

Tom does some odd antics from time to time, but I've never
yet watched one of the shows when I didn't learn something
that would help me in my own prospecting. It's good entertainment,
and it's been great watching his daughter, Kia, growing up on the
show. He's taught her and she's listened, and it shows. No doubt
that girl could find plenty of gold on her own, and I'm sure she will.

This new show makes me wonder what they're up to. Could be Tom
is just getting tired of doing the shows, but I'm more concerned that
this will be little more than a poorly disguised GPAA recruiting show.

I get very irritated when Tom acts the fool :laughing7:
it just really bugs me & with the exception of the Cave shows I can't watch his Reruns.
I do enjoy most of the shows when he has Kia with .

Speaking of GPAA.
Desperation has set in :laughing7:
Last week they phoned me to see if I wanted to Resubscribe :laughing7:
Mine Expired the beginning of 2009 :tongue3: & they are Begging Now ?
I told them Flat out, They don't come to PA anymore So NO !

I don't know how true it is, But I read they are strictly a West Coast Club Now.

Last edited:

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well... I watched the show. As a previous poster stated, it's more or less a 1/2 hour commercial for the GPAA. No biggie... if it gets more people and families involved and interested in gold prospecting, and away from the boob tube and out of the house, then Kevin and the producers have done their job. It was a decent watch with the showcasing of the various DIY gadgets many of the prospectors fabricated to get the gold.

I've never been much for clubs or organizations, but for less than $100, me thinks I'll go ahead and join the GPAA just for the simple fact they have a lot of easily accessible claims in my neck of the woods. My S.O. has been begging me to take her out prospecting. I guess it wouldn't hurt me to stay on the reservation and load the Rhino up with some prospecting gear, and then head for one of their claims and make a day out of it. :dontknow:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the shows, tape em and skip through to the good parts.

I met the Buzzard and his wife years ago at a show in AZ., really nice folks.

Fast forward 25 yrs or so to a show in Ohio with Perry, I had a couple pics of a unique method I was using to get some gold out of a gravel pit in Ohio I wanted to show him.

When I was told to get in line, and I would have to pay to meet Perry, I walked out......kind of took the shine off.

As I was leaving, some one started screaming about getting ripped off on the Alaska trip, he said you are not allowed to find your own spot on the beach, they set you up and you can't move.....blah blah blah.

I still watch the TV show, but haven't been back to a Gold Show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread