Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Good thing to have -- BUT -- I think you are responsible for
the cost of rescue , I think there is insurance for this.
If it will save your life push the button

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good thing to have -- BUT -- I think you are responsible for the cost of rescue , I think there is insurance for this. If it will save your life push the button
Can't speak for other states, but here in AZ you're not billed for a rescue. Many of the "rescue" guys live for the action, and are more than happy to help somebody out in dire need, if not just to be able to get out and play with all their cool toys. I have the SPOT and also have the "rescue insurance" only because it's cheap, and plus it goes above and beyond the normal agency services by paying for private party or specialty type rescue situations. In my case, because of the remoteness of the areas I prospect, my only avenue of rescue is either by helicopter, horseback, or dirt bike. Not many agencies (sans those that have a helicopter) are outfitted to rescue a person deep in remote areas, and thus might have to hire somebody that provides those services. In that case I could be billed, so I carry the insurance just to be safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread