SF American

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,

It has been a while since I got to go on another prospecting adventure, but I got to go out this week. The South Fork of the American was a spot I probably would of went to when I reached the bottom of my list of places to go to. After a trip there it really surprised me. More spots to look for and find some gold.

With some tips, help, and directions I was on my way to getting some good gold. I was directed to a spot called "the bowl".

Once there the cold was noticed instantly. I felt like maybe I should stay in the car, but there was gold that needed finding. We hiked with our gear to the spot and arrived at the area.

We looked around the area for a good set up and did find a decent spot. I did a test pan to find it was ok to start.

During the course of the day I found more gold than I ever thought I would get. I did bring some dirt home to find more. Now when I say I have never seen this much to some of you that may be not a lot. I'm sure most of you have found much more but this was exciting. Despite freezing hands and being cold most of the time it was worth it.

Happy New Years!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420330481.733441.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread