Judge Ochoa rules tommorrow in San Bernadino cases on Preemption.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am concerned that the ruling was not published as was announced in open court at the last hearing. Further the state is attempting to have the case retried under CC 166.1 in the fourth appealate court, seeking another bite of the apple, and rendering the Rhinehart case null. This is another delay tactic by the state and it gree allies to delay the start of the dredge season in 2015, and the courts need to hold these people held liable in both a civil and criminal proceeding.

The stay was lifted. Isn't that the ruling you were waiting for? ??? I'd like to see that ruling since the docket doesn't give any details.

Thanks for posting the CC166.1 Oakview. The CC166.1 is a desperation move - not much chance of that succeeding anywhere. The courts hate ruling against other districts without an original jurisdiction matter before them. Asking one court to overthrow another's decision just because you didn't like the first court's decision is not going to fly.

This isn't over for this case yet. Rhinehart settles one of the issues but that shotgun approach in the original complaint means there are at least 5 other rulings to come. This will drag on for a long time if the State won't cooperate in the private "sue and settle" talks. Look for the greenies to appeal after all that is finished. They have lost several cases because "sue and settle" is illegal. You can expect them to turn the tables on any deal reached in those settlement talks.

Rhinehart is the only real opportunity now to have this matter settled quickly. A single issue case is the proper way to a quick resolution. Shotgunning with nuisance complaints like unsupported "takings" claims makes good fodder for lawyers but it's no way to get a back to dredging.

Just one man's opinion

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally figured out the site would except the PDF. Question, if Ochoa issues a ruling that the state prempted mining, and no acceptance by the Ca Supreme Ct, and Ochoa, denies the CCP 166.1 challenge, as I see the states only chance is to go back to superior court in Plumas county and retry the case against Brandon there, but considering that preemption at that point would be settled law, I don't think the court would even hear the case. Am I all wet on this?

Last edited:

ScottC

Jun 21, 2009
There are a lot of claim owners watching and waiting for going on 6 years now. And should be reinstated due to the new evidence about the mishandled study that was fraudulently manipulated for a predetermined outcome. The new evidence proves dredging is not harmful to humans or the environment.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 16th is the preemption ruling date curretly and case the 23rd hearing was still on, but on a slippery slope anything can happen. Only 1 thing is for sure...Rhinehart is one tough fella and we all owe him a debt of gratitude forevermore-win/lose/or draw he IS the man....respect-John

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The mandatory settlement hearings on the 23rd, but the judge after he lifted the stay at the last hearing, he said he would publish his ruling in the first week of January...

ScottC

Jun 21, 2009
John well said, I would like to say thank you to him and his family for remaining strong through this and standing up for what's right. Justice will prevail.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This quote from the ICMJ article, makes me a bit nervous that he did not make the date he stated in open court. Especially when the state is coming out of right field with the CCP 166.1 challenge

"Judge Ochoa responded that he intends to use the Rinehart case, now that it has been published by the Third Court of Appeals, to give the court direction. He declared he will be ruling and, “Let the chips fall where they may.” He also agreed with Mr. Young that two tracks are a good idea and his rulings will be made the first week of January, 2015. Judge Ochoa gave clear indication of what he will rule in his statements about the Rinehart case?

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Delay, delay until the judge steps up and follows the rule of law. I personally think this will NEVER be over until we hold those responsible for this travesty held liable in a civil and criminal court. The state is going to keep trying to railroad minning in this state. IMHO

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
If/When, Judge Ochoa rules that federal law preempts the State of California rules and regs currently in place, It would be great to see a class action lawsuit against the state for monetary losses suffered by all claim holders affected by those regs. That would get them to think twice before cow towing to the enviro groups in the future. But I digress, putting the cart before the horse. Got to have a ruling first.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Delay, delay until the judge steps up and follows the rule of law. I personally think this will NEVER be over until we hold those responsible for this travesty held liable in a civil and criminal court. The state is going to keep trying to railroad minning in this state. IMHO

What do you think keeps the attorneys for the State of Calif employed? State attorneys like their employment! It brings meaning to their job; working for the Dept of Justice. The more they work, the more they get paid. Job security as well. When they finally retire; they get a nice pension. State Pensions are derived from keeping a job for a long time. A long time DOJ job requires appeasing the Dept of Justice and the Governor. I am sitting here thinking: this all makes sense if you are an attorney for the State. "Never being over" sounds good to a State Attorney wanting to retire someday.

I believe there was a recent Calif dredger who was caught dredging as a means of protest. He got his hand slapped and told not to dredge anymore. Civil protest was determined to be "free speech"....as I recall!

Interesting thought. I wonder if that case was published?...or if it could have been? Not sure on that one. But I am only thinking I recall such a case! But it kinda stuck in my mind. I like civil protest!...and the right to do it!

:dontknow:

Bejay

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know a lot more than one, and all those that asked for a trial by jury, were finally dismissed, after months an months of appearances.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If/When, Judge Ochoa rules that federal law preempts the State of California rules and regs currently in place, It would be great to see a class action lawsuit against the state for monetary losses suffered by all claim holders affected by those regs. That would get them to think twice before cow towing to the enviro groups in the future. But I digress, putting the cart before the horse. Got to have a ruling first.

I would rather see it against the Center for Bio. Div., Krooks, and SIerra Fund. Tie them up in court for the next 50 years and bankrupt them to their last penny. The state isn't going to learn anything from a tort suit, what do they care, not their money, they will pass the burden on to the taxpayers.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well WMA came out with that newsletter, proving that Dr Alpers withheld data, and how corrupt the DOJ is, time to recall justices and file lawsuits, small claims action, class action. been longer than 5 years
oh wait, just figure out why it will not work, justice system is corrupt, CBD, TSF, and all other leftwing Propagandist for the past 60 years have turn a lie into a profitable market, for politicians and themselves

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They not only withheld data BUT also planted that mercury in the river at Coloma. I have MANY pics and a VIDEO of me/friends dredging that very same spot about 5 weeks earlier and 0-nyet-natha mercury,still got the raw gold as proof as I never clean polish,just stash in the bank. If cleaned with acid/heat the gold has surface defacing and nothing ever done. That whole Waterboard study was 100% bs as NO facts just blue sky and bs....as usual....John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well until we can find a way to make it so these green groups can not profit by twisting the laws, using false science and making it so the political types can profit from their action as well, we are going to be fighting them from now till the cows come home. They have been using the laws to their advantage and now we need to use it to ours. Thanks to this ruling, our California dredging brothers should be back in the water soon, but we need to stay on top of things. California is not the only state that miners have been fighting for their right and as I see it, we still have a long way to go. This ruling will help, but the fight is far from over.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bejay i have heard the same here in the Sierra County of those that were cited for using a dredge and got a slap on the wrist, community service, small fine, probation, but i think they also lost there equipment

pushing
What do you think keeps the attorneys for the State of Calif employed? State attorneys like their employment! It brings meaning to their job; working for the Dept of Justice. The more they work, the more they get paid. Job security as well. When they finally retire; they get a nice pension. State Pensions are derived from keeping a job for a long time. A long time DOJ job requires appeasing the Dept of Justice and the Governor. I am sitting here thinking: this all makes sense if you are an attorney for the State. "Never being over" sounds good to a State Attorney wanting to retire someday.

I believe there was a recent Calif dredger who was caught dredging as a means of protest. He got his hand slapped and told not to dredge anymore. Civil protest was determined to be "free speech"....as I recall!

Interesting thought. I wonder if that case was published?...or if it could have been? Not sure on that one. But I am only thinking I recall such a case! But it kinda stuck in my mind. I like civil protest!...and the right to do it!

:dontknow:

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread