Todays run with Gold Hog Mats, Love them Love them!

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just can't stop talking about these gold hog mats, they are GREAT, I have used miners moss and vmat and few other types of matting... Never got so much fine gold and packed in as well as these hog mats trap the fine gold and the good size flakes... LOVE THEM LOVE THEM " Once you try hog mats you won't go back to anything else "

SchoolofHardRocks went down to my claim this weekend and we got around 7 grams with these hog mats...

I run my highbanker about 4 days a week and runs about 14 feet of hog mats.... these pics are just the first 6 inches of the mats... fronthogmat.jpg sidehogmat.jpg

Now I am getting spoiled, if I do not get 4 grams in one day of digging I am not happy.... Got to love this hobby! :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And yes 90% of the yellow way above my finger is gold as well.... gotta love the fine gold packed in lines...

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I like about Gold Hog matting is the amount of material I can run compared to the stock setup. My production has increased 10x and I get as much gold in an hour as I had in a day.

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And yes 90% of the yellow way above my finger is gold as well.... gotta love the fine gold packed in lines...

Nice work bud! Looks like the pump and sluice are getting dialed in!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a question and I am not trying to be a smart ass. If those matts are as good as you say why do you need 14' of sluice box? Are you seeing gold in the last couple of feet? Looks like your getting good gold. :thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one reason for loss is over feeding.....with a box that long and narrow with that kind of flow......riffles and carpet or matts there is fine gold that never has a chance to settle out. Length and different matts in different boxes increases your recovery rate on gold that stays up in the flow or is still being liberated from mud and clay.I say if you got the spot and the boxes go for it. Why not capture all you can. The long time lament of power sluicers is the loss of fine gold out of the box. With that kind of length It increases your feed rate by quite a bit.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you think they would work on a MINI High banker as well?

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a question and I am not trying to be a smart ass. If those matts are as good as you say why do you need 14' of sluice box? Are you seeing gold in the last couple of feet? Looks like your getting good gold. :thumbsup:

Rdg Sluicer , Goldwasher is spot on.... If I was running it slow and it was just me running 30 bucks a day then I would not need 14 feet sluice, However I have it being fed by two guys and running 100-150 buckets a day, constant two shovels being tossed into the banker, so we can feed this fast because of the extra matting... All matting from hog mat and v matting all needs exchange flow, doc calls it incremental processing so when you feed it the riffles get filled up for a millisecond so other dirt has to find a place to drop and start exchanging, having 14 feet makes it so I can have two people feeding it fast as they can and not have to worry about much of any loss. Doc has a video about this and explains the theory in detail.....

You ask if I am catching gold beyond the stock 7 feet? Yes but very little, the first 3 feet of the second 7 feet I do see some more odd shaped flakes and some super micro fines... Never have seen any gold beyond 10 feet of hog matting... Also I have my mats all premade by doc and has every combination of hog mats he sells, so every 6 inches the mat changes all the way down so every shape size of gold will be sure to get caught...

It took me a while of tweaking it all before I decided to add on the 7 feet ext, adding the 7 feet only made things better all the way around... Only thing I have left to tweak is getting the tailings a little cleaner then I should have a 99-100% recovery rate of all the dirt I dig and get all the gold...

Last edited:
OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you think they would work on a MINI High banker as well?
Yes as long as you have the water source and enough water flow, hog mats will do the best for you.... how big is your mini high banker?

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure... Plus not sure if it is legal to use high banker on a beach...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure... Plus not sure if it is legal to use high banker on a beach...
You are correct sir. Powered equipment above the vegetation line only. But...I have a beach sluice lined entirely with deep V ribbed mating. I would like to modify another with Hog mat. Run them side by side.

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I think it's worth a shot for anyone running a hb or a sluice if you have enough water flow to run hog mats, but if you have the water flow, hog mats is the only way to go IMO...

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a gopro video Ezrider filmed a few weeks ago while I was feeding the beast, I did not have it 100% dialed in at this video, but now it runs much faster feed rate due to better pump settings..

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rdg Sluicer , Goldwasher is spot on.... If I was running it slow and it was just me running 30 bucks a day then I would not need 14 feet sluice, However I have it being fed by two guys and running 100-150 buckets a day, constant two shovels being tossed into the banker, so we can feed this fast because of the extra matting... All matting from hog mat and v matting all needs exchange flow, doc calls it incremental processing so when you feed it the riffles get filled up for a millisecond so other dirt has to find a place to drop and start exchanging, having 14 feet makes it so I can have two people feeding it fast as they can and not have to worry about much of any loss. Doc has a video about this and explains the theory in detail.....

You ask if I am catching gold beyond the stock 7 feet? Yes but very little, the first 3 feet of the second 7 feet I do see some more odd shaped flakes and some super micro fines... Never have seen any gold beyond 10 feet of hog matting... Also I have my mats all premade by doc and has every combination of hog mats he sells, so every 6 inches the mat changes all the way down so every shape size of gold will be sure to get caught...

It took me a while of tweaking it all before I decided to add on the 7 feet ext, adding the 7 feet only made things better all the way around... Only thing I have left to tweak is getting the tailings a little cleaner then I should have a 99-100% recovery rate of all the dirt I dig and get all the gold...

So, 100-150 buckets and one clean out at the end of the day? Sounds like the BGT of high banker sluices with those GH mats inside.

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, 100-150 buckets and one clean out at the end of the day? Sounds like the BGT of high banker sluices with those GH mats inside.

Yeah I could run 200-250 buckets of dirt no problem before cleaning it out because pretty much at all times the riffle traps are no more then 20-30% filled... exchange does great with these mats..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread