Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some here have questioned how we in CA let all the restrictions happen to us. Truth is, we didn't know much which is the way they wanted it. We also didn't know the scope of pressure behind the scenes pushing for these changes and land grabs.

So this morning, I decided to play devil's advocate. I Googled:

is gold mining bad for the environment
Google came back with 1,110,000 hits

Then I typed in:
is gold mining good for the environment
Google came back with 11,400,000 hits

Obviously I didn't look at them all, but suffice to say all I saw was derogatory in BOTH queries and many specifically say "small scale miner".

And the one who made it to the top of the list in BOTH questions??? Brilliant Earth.

Dirty Gold Mining Facts & Issues - Conflict Gold

And yet, the above sells diamonds...no doubt from Africa, dangerously mined and slave wages to all. No conflict there right? They sell "green" diamonds..."conflict free"

And a surprise basher. The SMITHSONIAN.
The Environmental Disaster That is the Gold Industry | Science | Smithsonian

Problem is, when you hear Gold Mining BAD 12,000,000 times, people tend to believe it.

Thought you should know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
People been "selling Ice to Eskimos" for generations. It's all in the spin. Tell an "Eskimo" he needs ice long enough, better yet "show" him he needs it and he'll buy some everytime.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I saw in the articles you posted the links to, they're looking mostly at mining in third world countries and trying to apply their mistakes to American mines and miners. Many of the third world countries do not have the environmental laws that we have in place in America. To try to apply the methods used in other countries to us is not only unfair, it's flat out misleading the public.

To be fair, the writers of these articles should have stated which countries they were using as examples. That they didn't do this shows me that they're working towards one agenda or another. I would not be surprised to find out that the writers are card carrying members of one green group or another. Such biased reporting is just the thing that these kind of people would stoop to in an effort to further their agendas.

Here in America, we have laws, rules and regulations that state that the mined land must be reclaimed. We also have regulations on just how leach heaps have to be set up so as not to damage the environment. Large mining operations that use these methods are inspected on a regular basis to make sure that they are following these regulations. To lump American mining practices in with those of third world countries is just wrong.

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should not be surprised by anything against freedom, information or truth NOT coming out from the Smithsonian

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The anti crowd does it in an age old method. Like building a picket fence.....one picket at a time; and as long as people can get into the area where the picket fence is being built they just ignore a picket now and then. Problem is; all at once it only takes a few pickets erected in a single day to have the whole thing fenced and no one can obtain access unless they are given a key by the gate keeper (greenies).

Simply called: "THE PICKET FENCE CONCEPT"

Bejay

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the hing about the leftist/progressive thought process that applies to EVERYTHING: If you want to do it, and you want to do it on your own, freely and w/out the help or oversight and regulation of the State, local or Federal Government; then you are Bad/Evil/Racist/selfish/unfair and an Environmental RAPIST!

California has this ideology/propaganda down to a SCIENCE.

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the CAL-lective ideas aren't held inside borders, they are spreading North!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just hope truth will win out over hidden agendas at some point.
It's well known that Cal. has always made up it's own rules when it comes to almost everything. Most foods and about all manmade products are known to the state of Cal. to be carcinogenic, almost everything powered has to be ca. compliant, etc. etc.
I hope the dredge ban is lifted in court and people see who and what's behind all the doors where the deals are made.
I've contributed to all the mining funds and unfortunately have to hope our pockets are deeper than theirs in the long run.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The picket fence concept a very good way to explain how these guys work. Slowly but surely the put one picket (blocking one right) in place and by the time the fence is done, we'll have no rights left. Miners as well as other outdoors/public land users need to find the equivalent of a chain saw to use against these groups that are taking away our rights as well as our collective heritage and use that saw to remove the fence they are attempting to build.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I for one look forward to the day when the air is once again poisoned and unfit to breathe, and the water is once again poisoned and unfit to drink, and the number of dead Americans due to pollution every year once again reaches 55,000 a year instead of the paltry 16,000 a year it currently is. Many tens of thousands of sick and dead Americans due to pollution is a tiny insignificant cost I am willing to bear for my right to pan gold in people's drinking water. I'm libertarian: fewer Americans means more gold for me.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's one now😘 I thought it went away🚀

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one look forward to the day when the air is once again poisoned and unfit to breathe, and the water is once again poisoned and unfit to drink, and the number of dead Americans due to pollution every year once again reaches 55,000 a year instead of the paltry 16,000 a year it currently is. Many tens of thousands of sick and dead Americans due to pollution is a tiny insignificant cost I am willing to bear for my right to pan gold in people's drinking water. I'm libertarian: fewer Americans means more gold for me.

thumbs down th.jpg

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

non sequitur - a conclusion or statement that does not follow from the previous statement
This is a age old liberal tactic. It is an emotional exaggeration designed to provoke a defensive reaction while the real topic is derailed.
Nice try Desertphile and it's reassuring to know that you have no argument against that can stand on its own
I'll bet you whine about 1 part per billion of smog in the air while at the same time taking unfiltered bong hits.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Banned Desertphile : We do not promote the deaths of Americans or any people for the sake of gold. Please abide by the site rules if you should return.
I also would ask if you are new and have not read the rules please do.

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sheeple Ignorance at its best.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! He did one thing that no one have ever been able to do before. He got one of my posts deleted by the mods. That comment he made about miners killing Americans just got me P.O.ed. Any one want to give odds on how long before he's back with a different name and I.P. address?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread