Clay can you tell us what the actions from the 1-2 to 1-6 mean in the San

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Without the ability to view the public documents that form the case I couldn't possibly give you an opinion based on the facts. It seems the California courts have decided "public" documents come at a cost of 50 cents a page. So much for transparency in the judicial system.

Briefly here is my take on what appears to have happened:

The miners win the case if the appeals court decision stands.

The greenies don't like it so they are throwing paper at the Judge.

Everybody gets to go back to the "sue and settle" BS in private on January 23. (more "transparency")

More paper will fly and each sheet will still cost 50 cents to view. Lots of paper and lots of dollars. (more "transparency")

Just one man's guess. Why not ask your attorneys for an explanation of the public actions of the court? They get free copies of all that paper flying back and forth. Or is that private too?

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Clay, I am sure explanations are forthcoming..

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That sure is a great revenue generating machine they've cooked up! Fifty cents a page to view what are public documents is ridiculous! Even more so if they're on-line. That the lawyers get them for free is also something of a joke to my mind. Courtesy between sharks maybe? Even if they were charged for copies of the documents, you know that they'd bill that expense to their client anyway.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
We just had a ground breaking in Fresno for the first leg of High Speed Rail, the train to nowhwere with no funding, no private participation and not ridership, and best yet, already 55 billion overbudget before anything was built. IT WAS HELD IN A COMPOUND, WALLED, GATED AND RAZOR WIRED COMPOUND AND WAS BY INVITATION ONLY. THIS IS THE MENTALITY OF THE RULING CLASS. WE KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU, WE ARE GOING TO SIEZE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR PROPERTY, YOU SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR MEDICE.:laughing7::BangHead::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lawyers get the filings for free because every action in a court case has to be shared with ALL the parties to the case - no charge. Not because they are lawyers.

That is why I crack up when miners want to keep court actions "private". It would be illegal to keep court papers secret from any other party to the suit. Why miners think they have some advantage by not sharing with other miners publicly is beyond me. The greenies already know all your moves because you had to give them a copy by law. Keeping your own people in the dark is more about avoiding criticism from the peanut gallery I suspect.

Heavy Pans

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is NOT the miners who want the court actions private. The JUDGE has a gag order -look it up-open your mouth and all hellsfire is released,ever hear of contempt of court,adios to jail and fines also for those who violate the order. My silence ain't voluntary but mandatory now. Be thankful what's leaked out is out as we can HURT the cases being heard easily by internet bs-.Yes I know right to know,free america,blah blah blah UNTILL you reach a particuliar point then silence is indeed golden for miners-John

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "gag order" as you call it Hoser only applies to the private settlement negotiations - not the court rulings and filings.

Court matters are public - negotiations are private. We were discussing the actions in the court docket, not the negotiations.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread