Bought a new claim

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out on my new claim to run sample pans yesterday. Ground was frozen but I got alot of sampling done and got down to bedrock in a couple of spots. Looks very promising for the 2015 season! 025.JPG 022.JPG 024.JPG 020.JPG 018.JPG 026.JPG 027.JPG

Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool. Is the hole an audit or miners coyote hole?

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That hole had cobble for a foot then sand for 2 feet then 1 foot of lovely red-ish brown pea gravel sitting on bedrock.

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sierra Nevada, Northern California

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Man that looks cold. It was 24 degrees at my claim last weekend. That water cuts to the bone. Congrats on the claim.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's a lot of times the air temperature is tolerable, but the fresh mountain water is not. I use cotton-lined Neoprene gloves (kind of like this) when I've got gold fever on those really cold days.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats a very nice looking claim mcordell. Congrats!
Pic 1. Love your description
Pic 2. Are those piles tailings? When was the last time the claim was worked?
Pic 3. Manmade or natural stream bed? Love the size rocks in these beds...even I could move those. Are there any really big ones around?
Pic 4 Same as #3
Pic 5 Lots of good ground around with a year round water source. Win Win!
Pic 6 I'd check both ends, begin at the best end and tear that up
Pic 7 Same as #6 only wait till summer:laughing7:

Good luck and keep us posted.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you're down stream from me it looks like :) Keep that honey hole secret until you get the tractor and plan of operation in place. I would do some serious excavation to make it safe if you find that your coyote hole is on the deposit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jeff! The the river bed is all natural. Worked since the 1850's, but lots of bedrock replenishes every flood. The high water will get up to the middle of the tailing piles in pic#2. Over time I will add some riffles by cutting logs and anchoring them in the smaller flood channels.Think 200 foot sluice box! Should make it easy to clean up some gold without thinking too much. A month or two and I should have a pretty good map of pay streaks and bedrock formation. Damn, I want to drive over there right now!

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey if you ever need a hand on a weekend let me know I'll help move some dirt. Looks beautiful. :icon_thumright:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL NATURAL :tongue3: there is none that hasn't been hit hard in the past 140+ years. We get the crumbs with a occasional real spot not raped,few and far between as the years pass-John

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff! The the river bed is all natural. Worked since the 1850's, but lots of bedrock replenishes every flood
The river bed is natural? Looks like hydraulic tailings everywhere along the river, not too natural or maybe I just have a different opinion of what natural looks like. The Bear, Yuba and American rivers below the Hydraulic mines don't look natural to me at all being that they are clogged with tailings.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
You're right out there working at start of this New Year! :notworthy: Your hard work predicts good success all year! :icon_thumright: Andi

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is not my business, of course, but---- how much did the hole cost you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread