fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never done any dredging and want to learn. Anyone in gold country want to teach me. I hear it is LEGAL
Did you make your reservations where we talked about? If so, and we are in the water, you call when you get here and we fix you up!

OP
OP
fishnfacts

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fowled, I am in the process of selling all my possessions and purchasing a RV, at 55 I want to be free and spend the rest of my time getting to know myself. won't be long now. 2 maybe 3 months I hope and I will be released from this concrete life I despise so much.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Fowled, I am in the process of selling all my possessions and purchasing a RV, at 55 I want to be free and spend the rest of my time getting to know myself. won't be long now. 2 maybe 3 months I hope and I will be released from this concrete life I despise so much.

Come on out the water is fine...im from Milwaukee, south side.

Sorry about them there Bears...Go Pack!

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I are doing the same thing Ron :) We've been looking at rv's for months deciding on which way to go. An Etrek with the stand alone capabilities seems like our best bet. Then add a 4wd package and pull a trailer with the mining equipment :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm headed the same way but thinking of a Ford F-350 with a big (top of the line Host brand) truck camper on it. Thinking this will get me places an ETrek will not, even with 4WD (due to low clearance on the ETrek). Thoughts Reed?

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well heck! I guess when all you guys retire and hit the road that I'll have to offer to host ya'll out at the Kingman claims. I say we gt a bunch of us together and take a ride on down to Wickenburg and give Clay a hard time too.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed the same way but thinking of a Ford F-350 with a big (top of the line Host brand) truck camper on it. Thinking this will get me places an ETrek will not, even with 4WD (due to low clearance on the ETrek). Thoughts Reed?
I really like the Sportmobile with Air Lockers also and we are in the same boat with our thinking. The advantage of the etrek is the batteries and being able to stay in the woods indefinitely w/o a generator being needed. It's a tough decision. 4x4 is a must. I was looking at the F-350 and we have a good camper store close by us also and I love the pop ups for going under low branches and through the woods like we do http://www.fourwh.com/ but I've had campers and she really needs bigger to keep her happy.
I've looked at the host and everything and a 4x4 lifted etrek would be perfect for the wife. But the price is holding us back cause I'm a cheap bstrd and we know that the right one will be thrown at us in due time :evil6: A nice used lifted 4x4 etrek for the boondocking capabilities with the 16 lithium batteries and solar panels is probably what we will end up with

2015 Roadtrek 210-Popular | American RV

011 Roadtreking RV Podcast: "E-Treknology" and the Best Kept Secret of the RV WorldRoadtreking : The RV Lifestyle Blog

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heck! I guess when all you guys retire and hit the road that I'll have to offer to host ya'll out at the Kingman claims. I say we gt a bunch of us together and take a ride on down to Wickenburg and give Clay a hard time too.

We will be coming down for sure as I am LDMA also :) Kingman sounds great as it is one of the nicest areas in AZ

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great, I subscribe to that podcast too :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions