Sluice Head

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me how the water is diffused in a sluice head like this. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422284039.087510.jpg

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't come with a diffuser? That seems a little strange. If it doesn't have one, there are several ways you can go to get the job done. A section of brush, some Scotch-Brite, a flexible rubber flap etc etc etc. I'd contact the manufacturer and ask them what they include as a diffuser.

OP
OP
Weser

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have misspoken; I am wondering how the water is dispersed inside the head. Does it have a spray bar inside ? I've never seen or used one. I'm thinking of building a head like this. Thanks

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See of there is a way to put a tube on the inside across the top, run a slit along it that faces down stream (width of the slit depends on water flow but for something like that start w/ a 1/4"). Be sure to cap the ends. Enlarge the slit as needed

ratled

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without putting hands on it, it's all a guess. My guess is that it has a gate across the front with a slit opening at the bottom so the water has to exit in a uniform pattern.

OP
OP
Weser

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping someone here might have a sluice head that could show the internal workings of the spray bar ( if there is one ) pictures would be great !!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I made the diffuser for my recirc highbanker by taking a PVC "T" fitting, capping off both ends and then cutting a slot in it. Works well and it's cheap to build. You can start with a small slot and adjust it for your system.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Weser,

I actually bought one of these from Royal Ind.
For the price vs how long it would take me to make, I just bought one.
I have not used it yet, but from my inspection, they have the 1-1/8" hose attached to the back end and the splash plate over the front of it. the plate then disperses the water out.
Like this...
sluice header pic.jpg

I have a Royal folder sluice and as I mentioned, the attachable High-banker head as you have shown.
I also went ahead and got some Gold Hog matting to install into my sluice.

So far I am happy with the Royal products. Well built and compact enough to get into some discrete areas.
The bummer for me is - I have pretty much everything I need for prospecting etc....
I just don't seem to have the time - ARRRGG.

I'm out of town this weekend, but next weekend I plan on putting together my recirculating sluice system and trying it all out.

hope this helps.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built my own on the cheep using a soap bucket and rubber mat to defuse the water.
DSC01736.jpg DSC01739.jpg DSC01740.jpg DSC01741.jpg DSC01742.jpg DSC01743.jpg DSC01744.jpg DSC01745.jpg

OP
OP
Weser

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks G-Bone great info ! That's what I wanted to know. I'm really surprised it doesn't use a spray bar inside to distribute the water more evenly.

OP
OP
Weser

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ideas winners58. Great way to build it on a budget. I never thought of doing it that way. Necessity is the mother of invention !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread