2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This case involves the Carmelita Mine and Reclamation Project (the Project), a proposed aggregate mine and related processing plants to be operated on a 1,500-acre site at the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills near the towns of Sanger and Reedley. The Project includes, as required for every new surface mining operation, a reclamation plan that specifies how the land will be treated to provide a usable postmining site. Fresno County (County) prepared an environmental impact report (EIR) for the Project, and County’s board of supervisors (the Board) certified the EIR.
An organization called Friends of the Kings River (petitioner or Friends) pursued an appeal of County’s approval of the Project with the State Mining and Geology Board (the SMGB). The SMGB granted Friends’ appeal and remanded the reclamation plan to County for reconsideration. County approved a revised reclamation plan, and Friends appealed to the SMGB again. In Friends’ second appeal, the SMGB upheld County’s decision to approve the Project.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/F068818.PDF

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a shame that a county can follow rules and guidelines, so that a company can generate revenue and jobs.....and in turn be appealed by a group od do gooders. Who ironically live in houses that are made using concrete...and drive on roads made with aggregrate.....the SMGB needs to grow a pair.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher, in this case they DID grow a pair. This is great to see and we should all raise a glass to the guys getting this mine going!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh Kev your right how did I miss the last line.....Duh:notworthy::occasion14:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same bs here in Shasta over the Moody Creek Complex project,over and over and over :censored: One righteous project killed already as owners said to LL with it and sold.....sic sic sic insanity-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I what I should say is that's why we have the SMGB to explain to groups like this that we have reasonable rules and regulations in place and getting in the way of commerce isn't helping anyone:thumbsup:.......I will remind myself to have at least a half a pot of coffee before I chime in:laughing7:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... Coffee is a GOOD thing GW!!!

Not knowing the detail of the first and second reclamation plans, I'd have to say it sounds like yet another group of tree hugging know nothings trying to stop mining is any shape or form. I've seen many reclaimed areas that have been turned into parks for the people to enjoy as well as areas that you couldn't even tell that there had been mining in the area at all. I've found that many of these opposing groups think only in the short term. They don't like seeing the land torn up by mining, but fail to remember that humans need materials to build everything from cell phones to super highways with. They can't grasp the simple concept of "If it's not grown it's mined". So I suggest that if they're so against mining in all its forms that they give up everything they own that contains any kind of materials in it that were mined. Let's see how much they enjoy life then!!!!

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL guess i had to much coffee i was approving goldwasher comment on how mining make's the peoples daily lives so much better

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL guess i had to much coffee i was approving goldwasher comment on how mining make's the peoples daily lives so much better

Well, 2c obviously to much coffee doesn't change the FACTS!!!:thumbsup:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are starting to go through a similar problem up here in Redding.

3M has owned a chunk of land and mining rights to it since 1982 and wish to begin operations.
The proposed operation is an open pit greenstone aggregate mine and will inject MUCH NEEDED money into Shasta Counties poor economy.
This will also be the location that the Shasta Dam project will get their material from to increase the height of the dam, there are no other economically viable sources for this needed aggregate.

People are trying to block this, one person owns a vineyard / winery and says that this mine will hurt Redding's wine reputation. WTF?! LMFAO!

Gee, isn't there a mine close to Napa? Hmm, I seem to remember my dad working there.... but that hasn't hurt Napa's reputation of being "Wine Country" now has it.

Here is 3M's project overview.
Project Overview

Here is the oppositions site.
These people are so crazy, boycott all 3M products? WTF Do they know how IMPOSSIBLE that is?! LOL
3M is part of many peoples daily lives in one way or another even if they are unaware of it.

Moody Flats Quarry (proposed 3M project) - MoodyFlats.com

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
btw I agree 100%.
Make those short sighted people go without the products they use every day that were possible because of mining.
For some its the whole "Not in my Backyard but its ok if its in YOUR backyard" mentality.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck if you ask a lot of people where their food come from they'll say from the store. they have no idea how it get's there. they can tell what cut of meat but don't know what animal it came from. if their car was taken away they'll be crying I can do any thing like going to work, store Bla, bla, bla but then again they don't care. I want my house remodled but don't want the mess!

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
not only are there mines in Napa, one if i remember correctly help the miners get more gold if u know what mean
We are starting to go through a similar problem up here in Redding.

3M has owned a chunk of land and mining rights to it since 1982 and wish to begin operations.
The proposed operation is an open pit greenstone aggregate mine and will inject MUCH NEEDED money into Shasta Counties poor economy.
This will also be the location that the Shasta Dam project will get their material from to increase the height of the dam, there are no other economically viable sources for this needed aggregate.

People are trying to block this, one person owns a vineyard / winery and says that this mine will hurt Redding's wine reputation. WTF?! LMFAO!

Gee, isn't there a mine close to Napa? Hmm, I seem to remember my dad working there.... but that hasn't hurt Napa's reputation of being "Wine Country" now has it.

Here is 3M's project overview.
Project Overview

Here is the oppositions site.
These people are so crazy, boycott all 3M products? WTF Do they know how IMPOSSIBLE that is?! LOL
3M is part of many peoples daily lives in one way or another even if they are unaware of it.

Moody Flats Quarry (proposed 3M project) - MoodyFlats.com

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
btw I agree 100%.
Make those short sighted people go without the products they use every day that were possible because of mining.
For some its the whole "Not in my Backyard but its ok if its in YOUR backyard" mentality.

Would be fun to take away their cell phone, car keys, computers, electricity, indoor plumbing and heating (except a pile of sticks burning on a dirt floor...now what do you think of mining? Oh, btw since you are against the timber industry, we come back tomorrow for your house and the rest of the sticks for your fire LOL!

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just take the papper goods like TP out of the stores and see what happens

Talk about hitting below the belt hehehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread