More on Mercury Scams

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State Water Board is all in and now dredging is a GREEN industry,always been but now permits and scams abound-Mercury yet again

by Hoser John » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:40 am
More costly stupidity in kalif,
This is a message from the State Water Resources Control Board.
To All Interested Parties:

State and Regional Water Board staff is developing a statewide water quality control program for mercury (Statewide Mercury Program) that will include mercury water quality objectives and a mercury control program for reservoirs. This message provides an update on the progress of the Statewide Mercury Program by describing outreach and development efforts during the past year and next steps. Blue underlined text indicates links to new information added to the Statewide Mercury Program website.

Events during the past year included:

· Stakeholder focus group meetings. The purpose of the outreach and focus group meetings was to obtain early stakeholder input about options for water quality objectives and implementation actions. Stakeholder meetings held between February and October 2014 included:

o Reservoir owners and operators

o Environment and environmental justice advocates

o Municipal and industrial wastewater and storm water agencies

o State and federal land managers

o Public health agencies

o Local stakeholders

· Meetings with Tribes. Water Board staff met with Tribes to obtain their input in July 2014. In addition, staff presented at the Tribal EPA conference in October 2014.

· Tribes Fish Use Study. Dr. Fraser Shilling, a University of California, Davis, researcher funded by the State Water Board and USEPA, completed the Tribes Fish Use Study. Dr. Shilling presented study results to members of the State Board in September 2014.

· Reservoir focus group meetings. Water Board staff met with reservoir owners and operators in March, May, and September 2014, and January 2015, to develop selection criteria for reservoir water chemistry studies and pilot tests. The most recent meeting included a guest speaker, Professor Alex Horne, from the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Horne’s presentation provided an overview of in-reservoir dissolved oxygen and mercury management options.

· Conference presentations. Water Board staff made presentations to several groups to provide a review of mercury cycling and bioaccumulation processes in reservoirs and potential source control and reservoir management strategies to reduce fish mercury levels, including:

o California Lake Management Society (October 2014). Half of this conference was devoted to mercury cycling and management in reservoirs.

o Delta Tributaries Mercury Council (August 2014)

o California-Nevada American Fisheries Society conference (March 2014)

Next steps include:

· Continue reservoir focus group meetings to develop criteria for selecting pilot projects;

· Prepare draft staff reports to submit to scientific peer review and make draft staff reports available on the Water Board website for informal public review;

· Prepare documents for formal public review; and

· Hold public workshops.

Water Board staff will continue to provide informational updates to the public through emails and the Statewide Mercury Program website. For more information, please email: [email protected]

Thank you for your interest in this project.

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would imagine a few thousand dredges could fix any mercury abundance issues.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it just me or am I just not seeing it here? (reading after only one cup of coffee) I see no mention of miners at all here. Seems to me that they're avoiding including miners or they just don't see us as a part of the cure for the mercury problem.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Count on two things; first they won't invite the longest running economic stakeholder with the only constitutional right granting access and availibility, and second they will cover everything there is to know about mercury except for the one thing it isn't- The diabolical danger to the public they would have you believe it is.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If they omit miners from this they're insane. As Fowled said, miners have one of, if not the largest stake in this out of anyone else in the state. Miners have access to one of the MOST EFFECTIVE ways of removing Mercury from streams and rivers to ever be invented. Miners in all their numbers could be the biggest assets to Mercury removal that the state could ever draw on. The methods used by miners are effective and the biggest plus for the state and its people is that miners will get the Mercury out of the watersheds for FREE!

If we can get miners back in the water with no fear of hassles from the authorities, I think we should have a Mercury removal week in which we make arrangements for all Mercury removed from the watersheds to be gathered and added up by weight. This wold show EVERYONE just how effective miners are at getting rid of the stuff. If we could show that in a single week say 50 pounds of Mercury is removed for free, how can they argue against dredging? It would take some setting up to get this done, but it could very well be just the thing we need to get them off our collective backs once and for all. It would also show that the greenies plan of taking several months as well as several million dollars to remove 150 pounds of Mercury from Lake Combie is not in the best interest of the tax payers that would be footing the bill for it.

We need to get one if not several dogs into this fight and show these people that they're missing out on a golden opportunity to get something that will benefit everyone done for free instead of having the state throw tax money away yet again.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Though this be madness, yet there is method..."

Getting it done right or at a reasonable cost has nothing to do with it. These folks (other than their fraudulent corrupt ways) are no different than us, they are simply working to create a stable and secure economic future for themselves and their buddies. P'on the rest of us.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SWRCB
Addressing Mercury in California's Waters
Mercury is negatively impacting the beneficial uses of many waters of the state by making fish unsafe for human and wildlife consumption. Although mercury occurs naturally in the environment, concentrations of mercury exceed background levels because of human activities. Gold and mercury mines and atmospheric deposition are the predominate sources of mercury, with minor contributions from industrial and municipal wastewater discharges and urban run-off.
State and Regional Water Board staff is developing a statewide water quality control program for mercury (statewide mercury program or program) that will include: 1) mercury control program for reservoirs; and 2) mercury water quality objectives.

State Water Resources Control Board

State Water Resources Control Board

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a hypothetical that i'm certain has already crossed their minds. So it behooves us to get involved now and be proactive rather then reactive. How hard would it be for them to try and use this "Statewide Mercury Program" to introduce a stipulation that in order to work your claim you have to pay an outfit like the Sierra Fund to come in and test, "remediate", retest and certify it clean? For conspiracy sake, lets say your claim is an exceptional producer of Mercury or Gold. What happens when "they" can't seem to get a clean test on your claim? Far fetched? Ask the property owners who have been forced to join City water and sewer systems what they think. Ask private Well owners who will most likely be forced into a moitoring and metering program as a result of recent legislation.

It's time we brought back the mining districts and apply their use! We need permanent representation and seat at these never ending shindigs.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a great idea! For the Combie mercury Dredging. Is any of the river claimed? or privatley owned by miners if so do sue claim jumping for loss of ie mercury,gold and anything else they dredge. If it works it is time to claim up boys.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing to claim at Combie, their not that stupid, if anything they are educated, and connected they wouldn't make that mistake. Read into what John posted, what they've done is use Combie to get into the game and firmly entrench themselves as the states go to authority on all things Mercury in California. They've known full well the direction the state was going to take on Mercury, they helped orchestrate it. Combie is small potatoes and simply the method and means to their madness. I'll make a prediction that you will never read or hear of Lake Combie Reservoir getting a "clean" bill of health.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Very true Fowled. We as miners have to remember that the opposition is not stupid and they had a big head start on us. We have to play catch up (which I feel we've been doing well at so far all things considered) and become very proactive so we can take the lead away from them. It's not on just this issue either! To many different aspects of how the government is being run has to be changed. I hear all the time from others how they're so fed up with how things are in government but yet they can't be bothered to get themselves to the polls and vote to help change things for the better.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The obvious environmental benefits of dredging have been cited here many times. The reason the wackos have their collective minds closed to it is the fact that mining is a consumptive use industry. Like timber , grazing, hunting, hell even gathering firewood they are arbitrarily opposed to it. Any other industry , they would be insisting that miners receive some sort of compensation for the lead and mercury abatement.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I hate to say it, but I could see them trying to pull something like fees and testing like Fowled mentioned. However, that could also be taken as being excessively restrictive, so once again the state would find themselves in court. Bringing back the mining districts is a good idea in my mind. It's been way too long since miners have had proper representation in the halls of government and it would only benefit us to get that back.

Another thought I had, was if the Sierra Fund is put in charge of this, then every miner in the state should submit a bill to them for doing their job! EDIT: Don't forget to charge them at a rate at least equal to what they are charging the tax payers per ounce for that Mercury!!!!

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another victim of the Mercury scare. Can't tell you how many gallons of this wonderful stuff has been poured on me as a kid and working most of my life in construction. Because of my job I have annual exposure testing for Asbestos and Lead. I've also had my blood checked for Mercury to establish base lines before project starts- I've never had a positive test. Guess Chlorella, Spirulina, and Selenium actually work after all!

Mercurochrome[edit],
Mercurochrome is a trade name of merbromin. The name is also commonly used for over-the-counter antiseptic solutions consisting of merbromin (typically at 2% concentration) dissolved in either ethyl alcohol (tincture) or water (aqueous).

Its antiseptic qualities were discovered by Hugh H. Young in 1918, while working at Johns Hopkins Hospital as a physician.[5] The chemical soon became popular among parents and physicians for everyday antiseptic uses, and it was commonly used for minor injuries in the schoolyard.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) moved it from the “generally recognized as safe” classification into the “untested” classification to effectively halt its distribution in the United States on October 19, 1998 over fears of potential mercury poisoning.[1] Sales were halted in Germany in 2003,[2] and in France in 2006.[3] It is readily available in most other countries.[citation needed]

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going off topic for a minute...

fowledup, thanks for the tips on those 2 algae and trace mineral supplement's.
I didn't know there was anything to help remove mercury from our bodies.
I did a google search a couple years ago and didn't find much, for sure didn't find those. :)

Is there anything to help remove lead buildup?

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Selenium the super supplement

Selenium and lead: mutual detoxifying effects. - PubMed - NCBI
Selenium Helps Remove Mercury from the Body - NaturalNews.com

Going off topic for a minute...

fowledup, thanks for the tips on those 2 algae and trace mineral supplement's.
I didn't know there was anything to help remove mercury from our bodies.
I did a google search a couple years ago and didn't find much, for sure didn't find those. :)

Is there anything to help remove lead buildup?

OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Costa Mesa back in the mid 80s was the Institute For Chelation Therapy that utilized a EDTA titrate to detoxify the organs and body of heavy metals poisoning. Weekly blood tests,sometimes more,were required to maintain the required minerals within your body so as not to go anemic. Expensive but still alive as proof it works. John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the ...F do they keep coming up with these harms hazards and negative affects....???????? I would understand concern and investigation in the face of mass poisoning and illness, but, we all know it isn't happening. How do they push this issue without cause and instance it drives me crazy:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread