Rockn Gold Grabber Rocker Box

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alan Trees makes 2 models of the Rockin Gold Grabber...check his website.
I have the original large size and made a few mods to it. An additional collection plate under the classifier made a huge difference.
I don't think you'd want to back pack the large model just due to it's awkwardness, plus hose.
Maybe the smaller version would be more back packable.
Check My Blog for info on my Rockin Gold Grabber.
Here are three direct links that I posted about the Rockin Gold Grabber.
Bob
June 2013 working the Rocker
21st Century Rocker Box
More Rocker Box Mods

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Bob, just the info I'm looking for

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my rockin gold grabber very much... BUT

But mine came defective! The frame stands did not match the rocker box pins, off by about 1/2" and the powder coating was chipped off where someone had beat on the front frame stand prior to shipping it to me. Needless to say I was very disappointed that my rocker box would not fit on the frame. I complained about it and was told 'tough luck." Hard to understand why the frame was even powder coated if the finish was to be compromised before any use.

I ended up bending the back stand mount back by stepping on the attached water feed plumbing. This allowed me to line up the rocker pins but then the water down spout no longer was positioned over the rocker box. I had to cut an extended PVC pipe piece to get this back to where it needed to be.

For what I paid for this rocker box I should not have had to waste my time complaining nor fixing the product for basic use. Had the manufacturer worked with me on this issue I would not feel inclined to let others know of my problems with this product.

My 2 bits...

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my rockin gold grabber very much... BUT

But mine came defective! The frame stands did not match the rocker box pins, off by about 1/2" and the powder coating was chipped off where someone had beat on the front frame stand prior to shipping it to me. Needless to say I was very disappointed that my rocker box would not fit on the frame. I complained about it and was told 'tough luck." Hard to understand why the frame was even powder coated if the finish was to be compromised before any use.

I ended up bending the back stand mount back by stepping on the attached water feed plumbing. This allowed me to line up the rocker pins but then the water down spout no longer was positioned over the rocker box. I had to cut an extended PVC pipe piece to get this back to where it needed to be.

For what I paid for this rocker box I should not have had to waste my time complaining nor fixing the product for basic use. Had the manufacturer worked with me on this issue I would not feel inclined to let others know of my problems with this product.

My 2 bits...

You bought it new but defective and they wouldn't take it back or work with you on it? Sounds like bad business to me....

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a discussion here about rocker boxes after I asked about them in the sluicing section. Apperantly the Gold Grabber Rocker Sluice does not have an apron, just a moss bed where the apron should be. The apron is the main gold catching part of a rocker box.

Here is that thread- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/526325-rocker-box.html

You might need to build your own rocker box.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres my rocker its 4ft x 18 in wide i think the bigger they are the better they work.
Mine i use a tin apron and expanded metal over burlap.
Dont get to use often here in my desert but when we can it makes for a heck of a good minin story.
Gt.....
20190616_170011.jpg

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Thank you for the great info. Ive used the gold grabber rocker box mini that I have and have checked my tailings and have yet to find a single piece. It catches fine flower gold that I can hardly see. I use the conveyor belt matting with a couple small sections of miners moss to just slow the water down a bit as it moves through. The other reason I like using it is no motor and the spray action really helps breaking down the Missouri clay. Not to mention it saves my fingers from breaking down the clay where there are bits of barbed wire, nails, and pieces of glass in it. I would just like to get a bigger version to run full pan fulls.

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
I do have a whites Sierra gold trac metal detector I could work as a trade if anyone is interested. Used one time as here in Missouri its not so good on the small gold I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions