Landmark Evidentiary Hearing Takes Place In Redding, CA.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to see that some locals are standing up to the State and Federal B.S. Good read as they detailed out the proof of their lies and manipulation of the truth.

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for posting, just goes to show how much agencies like the EPA are abusing authority and disreguarding peoples rights at any cost to accomplish their agenda--same as the anti dredging laws--using unsubstantiated information to force a means to an end!!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MEG posted a vid presenting Fred Kelly Grant and his explanation of "Coordination". He is quite well versed and educated and worth studying. "Coordination" is currently being used by "Jefferson Mining District" to protect the rights of miners. A mining district is a Governing Body in accordance with the current Laws existing today.

Thanks for the posting 2cmorau.

Bejay

Last edited:
OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:wav: Fred Kelly Grant makes good points, Sacramento policy makers (not so much local government as Redding civic leaders demostrated) are stepping on our rights,

It’s a shame that most people I run into while out prospecting don’t hold a PLP card or some other form of support; are oblivious to the nature of Government Control restrictions, mineral trespassing is the least of my concern, ( wanna pan or sluice on my claim show me the support) public awareness is something we should strive for, a simple one page flyer down loaded from WMA or another website handed out at random, or sent via e-mail or snail mail to our local reps even local merchants
rural communities are affected most by the actions of Sacramento policy makers ( the slippery slope) and only concerned for continued employment as Fred Grant mentioned, “no good deed goes unpunished” so shame on the politician that works for the people and not for the vote, ß----sarcasm for the slow ones
God bless the pan you walk with

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Nice to see that some locals are standing up to the State and Federal B.S. Good read as they detailed out the proof of their lies and manipulation of the truth.

these gubermint agencys are just following obamas lead! most of our socalled "representatives" are doing the same in "their partys" as well! its waaaaaay past time for ALL Americans to stand up to this and get people voted in that WILL WORK For our Country and Her peoples good for a change! IF NOT ? GET THEM OUT OF OFFICE QUICK!

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
as of this writing 273 viewed this, 6 response, <--------thank you

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure folks understand the relationship Coordination has with mining. Here is an article that was in the ICMJ a few years ago. Reading this pay attention to the level of authority a mining district has. Think about roadclosures in your local areas. Over the years I've been on several road closure committtees that got their hind end handed to them. We didn't know about Coordination or how to apply it, I'm certain we would have had a different outcome had we. Coordination provided the legality and authority we couldn't. Think of other Ways USFS, EPA, and others who receive federal funding activities effect your mining. People need to understand Mining Districts are not clubs or organizations they are a governing body with granted authority.

What is Coordination?

Coordination is a federally mandated tool used by local governments to bring federal agencies to the table to discuss and align resource management plans with local needs as explained through a Coordination Plan. Coordination works well when the local government entity understands the subject and its issues. This is where our local governments fall short regarding mining and agency plans that affect mining. Local governments simply have no knowledge regarding this specialty subject matter. Therefore, they cannot write a Coordination Plan that outlines and protects miner’s special rights and property.

A mining district is a lawful governmental entity that stands on equal footing with any other governmental entity as far as demanding that federal agencies coordinate with the mining district.

Local governments that have implemented “coordination” status with federal management agencies are successfully fighting erosion of private property rights in their communities. The “coordination” status is authorized by almost every federal statute relating to management of land, resource, and environment. All the local government has to do is formally accept the congressional invitation to “coordinate,” and federal agencies have no choice but to agree.

What is this “coordination” factor, which elevates the involvement of local government in federal planning and management actions? The foundation for the concept is found in the Federal Land Policy Management Act, commonly known as FLPMA. Section 1712 of Title 43 of the United States Code requires that the Bureau of Land Management must coordinate its “land use inventory, planning, and management actions” with any local government that has engaged in land use planning for the federal lands managed by the federal agencies. This is where the Coordination Plan comes in. The Plan will enforce standard of the law for such things as ingress and egress.

No local government is better suited to write a Coordination Plan for miners than the actual miners who are affected by federal agency actions.

In this respect and for this purpose, the Jefferson Mining District was formed. The purpose of this new mining district is for the protection and advocation of miners and their rights and property under the mining law. Authoring, and then teaching miners how to enforce the district-wide Coordination Plan will be its initiating purpose. All that will remain in this regard is for miners within the District to step up, taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their property and their rights.

By the authority of the mining district, agencies must coordinate their plans with the mining district plan. Finally miners have a voice that cannot be ignored by agencies that have, up until this time, listened politely to miners concerns and then just as politely ignored both miners and the mining law. Increased mining district mobilization will bring more power to the miners, which will have a positive economic ripple effect into the larger community.

More information can be found on the Internet at: miningrights.org

They can also be contacted regarding membership in the Jefferson Mining District at: miningrights.org

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
There has been a lot of talk about the old mining districts in a number of threads lately. Since they give miners some political clout, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get them going again all over the west. Policies are being made that effect miners and yet in most cases we have had no say in how these policies are formed. Maybe by getting the mining districts up and running again we could change it from us always getting the shaft from these policies. (No pun intended)

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There has been a lot of talk about the old mining districts in a number of threads lately. Since they give miners some political clout, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get them going again all over the west. Policies are being made that effect miners and yet in most cases we have had no say in how these policies are formed. Maybe by getting the mining districts up and running again we could change it from us always getting the shaft from these policies. (No pun intended)

Yes....establishing Mining Districts would change things for the better. And it is being/has been done. As I understand it, it involves a lot of work: as you are actually creating a whole new Government Body. If you want more information you can check out any number of Mining Districts. Waldo, Galice, Jefferson, etc.

MEG is quite versed in it, as well as Clay. When I originally filed my claims, some 35 years ago, I noticed that they were located in a Historical Mining Dist. I noted "that district" on my location docs and annual fillings each year. While the old district is debunked now, I still mention it because it identifies the location per that historical district. Such districts held the position of a Governing body and thus the other Federal Government agencies MUST coordinate with such governing bodies. Nice HUH? Makes you wonder why each GPAA chapter is not a governing body......would be nice!

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread