Oregon miners you may be getting your wish.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guys, I agree but keep the political stuff out of this forum and where it belongs.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Politics? WHAT politics? We're just making sure that the members on here from Oregon are all staying "Well Informed" on the state of the state is all. :laughing7:

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMO it's pretty dam tough to talk much about mining these days, given the current state of affairs, without it touching politics. Agreed that the mods here are lenient when it comes to these matters.

However IMO, TN would be well served to at least have some section(s) devoted to land use rights groups like PLP. Even if only to serve as a platform for news/announcements/accomplishments and donation opportunities, etc. As has been said 1k times already, open forum is no place to discuss legal strategy and to some extent political stratigey, so probably short of that.

Taking it a step further. If I owned a site like TN, I would consider this kind of thing a 'vertical integration' to the business plan. .02/

-Political discussions can summon some pretty strong emotions. I saw this get quickly out of hand on another forum years ago. Easy to see the merits of steering clear of this scenario from a forum owners/moderators perspective.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I worry when someone gets into a position like this without the people voting them into it. Too many opportunities for them to really do some damage before the people have a chance to vote for who they really want in that position.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread