Bering Sea Gold S4 - starts March 13.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i do kinda have the hots fir her. lol.

Allen, whatever it is you're drinking you should put it down before
the show comes on. The only way that 2 could ever become a 10
would require consuming copious quantities of alcohol. If I did get
that drunk, I'd definitely be gnawing my arm off in the morning to
avoid waking it up.

Some smart thinking shrink should open a therapy/counseling
office right there in dredger city. Charge a few grams of gold
per hr. of counseling, and by the end of the season that shrink
would have more gold than any of 'em..
rofl.gif~original

DVR'd last nights show, and out of 40 minutes of the program
(rest is commercials) there was about 5 min. of worthwhile
action.

The rest was nothing but
bullshit-1.jpg~original

My impression of the show:

zipper.gif~original
GAAAHsmiley.gif~original
duel_zps6c3e0e17.gif~original
shoot.gif~original
bur2.gif~original
duh.gif~original
scream.gif~original

Then everybody
boid.gif~original
each other.

Oh yeah; the Christine Rose scored some nice gold, and
the crew had a great time getting it.....:occasion14:

Last edited:

bison73

Apr 27, 2015
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scripted drama is outstanding. I think they must have hired some body from WWE as writers.
Was wondering how Emily came up with the 200K she said it cost for her dredge? She hasn't found squat as far as gold over the past few years so is the show fronting the money for the sake of the show?
Plus she has inherited many of her fathers qualities. They both liked to spout off they were the captain when they actually didn't seem to know what the heck they were doing. Plus neither one of them have actually showed they know how to work. I guess if your th captain you don't have to. LOL

And I see they have found the new heel in the Kelly boys father after they got rid of the other jerk from the Anchor management. Hmmm neither one of those two guys seem to work either.

Its pretty good entertainment. But its really starting to get hokie. IMO of course.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I tried my best to like Emily this season, but she comes off as totally useless.

Worse thing in the world she could do was go to her dad for advice.
and she does it. What happens ? she gives her crew a curfew :icon_scratch:
probably his suggestion :BangHead:

if this wasn't scripted, I don't blame them for walking.
I wont type what I would have told her to do.

apparently she was useless singing opera.
so she went to Nome & proved she is useless there also.
Giving advice to divers, yet she can't dive without freaking out.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys think the Kelly dad is really 52? He looks like 62 to me.

Still watching, hoping for more mining footage, but find myself skipping through more and more of the show. Those shouting matches, arguments, are pitiful.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
expect to see steve help out Emily on her dredge and be a total waste of my time watching it! the Kelly boys ought to put their old man out to sea sometime ! soon I hope! I wonder why ive NEVER seen anyone act like that in real life when out dredgeing ? PROBLY because NOBODY would put up with it!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Regardless of whether you agree with the motives of the show, the drama or not, unless you've chased the gold on the Bering Sea, it's an incredible experience that's almost impossible to fathom, and it's a location that I'd recommend those with the resources should visit sometime.

My only regret is that when I spent a few weeks there, I declined to dredge!!

Today, with the dredging experience I now have, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The drama they don't need to manufacture is how severe the weather can get in an incredibly short amount of time; that part is absolutely credible. I don't think I've ever seen the weather go from calm to downright nasty so quickly, and I live where the weather is not known to be kind, like as in almost always not kind.

All the best,

Lanny

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I would believe 62 for the old Kelly but having another kid when he has 2 sons doesn't make much sense. I mean I'm 56 and I've thought about having another kid but only because I've lost my 2 sons... The first, Jeremiah died years ago and then in 2013 Abe was in an accident and is now a quadriplegic paralyzed from the neck down and basically stuck in Texas for the rest of his life... So I have reason to think about having another kid, but enough common sense not too... So after 400 years of family history in California my line now dies with me unless Abe outlives me... Unfortunately the life expectancy for quads is not great so I have been doing my best to prepare... All in all, life will go on just fine without us :)
As far as Emily Reidel goes, she has one of 2 problems... Either her sluice is losing a lot of gold or she is being hi-graded all to hell. Unfortunately, without being able to see her set up, I have to say that she has been had and has been robbed. I mean a 10" with 5oz weeks is not happening. Now she is getting taken for a ride while they are building another "super dredge" for the banks of Nome... lol. She is actually trying to get investors to buy into their new super dredge that will crash on the shore line like so many before. Is she really that stupid? Either way she is being taken for a ride and is as gullible as can be.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Repeat of last years lousy designed dredge---in and out just like the burger joints. Wow Reed kids at 56 aaaaaa dicey for sure.add on 19 years for conception and it'd graduate high school when your at LEAST 75?? Golden years are for the bucket list for me and NOT changing diapers(we deal with enough itty bureauratz)and raising kids.Haven't you had enough horrendous heartache in your life??? To each their own but.....John

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays show was the most ridiculous one yet. Completely scripted bs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays show was the most ridiculous one yet. Completely scripted bs.

I agree ! the fact they had all those potato
guns at the same time says to me they were supposed to bring them.

And if the Bit between Shawn & Hank was real, I'm sure there would be some major charges against Shawn.

I could have sworn through out the season, they kept saying there is a Minimum
distance They must stay away from each other.
which means Hank had to give permission to Shawn (& the producers)
for him to pull those antics..

the producers must be trying to get more kids to tune in

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all TV is "entertainment"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing that may have been real was the Damage to the wild ranger .
& I'll guess the Producers had to cover that.
Because Vern didn't seem to mind at all

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder whatever happened to that deck hand that had a bad temper, got drunk, & punched everything. He was on Steve's dredge once.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wonder whatever happened to that deck hand that had a bad temper, got drunk, & punched everything. He was on Steve's dredge once.

He came back on season 2 to run the "Anchor Management" and now lives in Michigan where he's from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread