Conveyance of Title for Federal Mineral Estate

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need some of you to take a look at this and provide your opinions about what it means and why. Scheduled to be published into the federal register tomorrow. My first reaction is that the BLM is seeking to determine if a mining claim has been "perfected" and if not I am concerned they will then withdraw that land from entry.

Renewal of Approved Information Collection; Control Number 1004-0153

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2015-02740.pdf

Summary: The respondents in this information collection are owners of surface estates who apply for underlying Federally-owned mineral estates. The BLM needs to conduct the information collection to determine if the applicants are eligible to receive title to the
Federally-owned minerals lying beneath their lands. When certain specific conditions have been met, the United States will conve
y legal title to the Federally-owned minerals to the owner of the surface estate.

Upvote 0

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some of you to take a look at this and provide your opinions about what it means and why. Scheduled to be published into the federal register tomorrow. My first reaction is that the BLM is seeking to determine if a mining claim has been "perfected" and if not I am concerned they will then withdraw that land from entry.

Renewal of Approved Information Collection; Control Number 1004-0153

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2015-02740.pdf

Summary: The respondents in this information collection are owners of surface estates who apply for underlying Federally-owned mineral estates. The BLM needs to conduct the information collection to determine if the applicants are eligible to receive title to the
Federally-owned minerals lying beneath their lands. When certain specific conditions have been met, the United States will conve
y legal title to the Federally-owned minerals to the owner of the surface estate.

Well, It looks like the BLM is collecting info for conveying mineral rights to property that only has surface rights. And only if the owner of the property request it.

Probably so the tribes can get control of the minerals on the land they influence. Like the Klamath etc.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
SWEET! they want to make availiable ALL of your personal info to the public and if you object to this "shareing" of your personal info they CANT or wont garrenttee it wont be shared with the public! therefore you either open up your lives to the public and get the thrashing of your life or don't bother filling this out and they'll do what they wanted to do from the beginning! this happened to me in the state of Misery and I got a ear full from the wacoenviromentalists / newspapers / this even got to the Govenor of Misery! now I understand that the mdnr has been copying everything I put in print on the net!

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I'm seeing here,it looks like this will only for for people that have a surface grant and want to add a mineral grant. Say a company or individual has a lease or grant to log an area or run cattle in it, and then they happen to come across a valuable mineral of some type. So they file for the mineral rights on top of what's already been approved. From what the PDF said, this will happen maybe 13 times a year.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I had a guy way smarter than me look it over. He said it looks like old grants that are just surface grants w/o mineral grants wanting to add mineral rights. A look at the past 3 years seams to show it to be the same.

ratled

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is an Office of Management and Budget (OMB) form control number extension request.

This form has been in use since 1985. This is only asking for approval to continue using the same form for another three years - nothing more. The last time the form was changed was in 1991. The BLM isn't asking to change the form or the rules.

The form is an application to purchase federally-owned mineral interests. :thumbsup:

This is called an OMB number and the reason this might be important to you is that legally no citizen can be required to fill out a federal form if it doesn't have a current valid OBM number printed on it.

Every OMB number will have the expiration date printed next to it. Something to look for the next time a federal government worker hands you a form you "must" fill out. No current OMB number and you can fill it out or use it in your birdcage. It's your choice. :laughing7:

The $650 is the BLMs estimated costs to process the average 13 applications they receive per year.

Here is the site where you can look up an OMB forms history. There's a bunch of stuff there to explain the whole system of forms control and review as well as the Paperwork Reduction Act that started this system. This link is to the history page for this form.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But Clay, The sky almost made it the whole way to the ground that time:laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys, I knew you could wring the mystery out of this :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread