Found some strange, heavy, yellow stuff today...

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All joking aside, i know its not a ton; but considering i only ran 15 buckets through im pretty pleased. Regardless it was a nice way to spend half a Saturday and figured id share my results! Hope everyone is well

Sat Gold.jpg

Upvote 0

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 buckets.... tod hoffman gets more from just 1 pan!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Surely you're not talking about Todd of the Jungle? He got that much from . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All joking aside, i know its not a ton; but considering i only ran 15 buckets through im pretty pleased. Regardless it was a nice way to spend half a Saturday and figured id share my results! Hope everyone is well

It's always nice to get some color. Congratulations.

Some days just being by the river is worth far more than any gold in the pan. The battery recharge along with the gold in the pan is what's worth it.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries-133.html

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

You have to be kidding ME! Todd has how much $$$$ in equipment and takes his test pan after he moves how much overburden? 15 buckets can represent a lot, if the sample is NOT taken from a prime location. So Huelten you keep just on a digging........you never know when you might hit that major spot/channel/pocket/etc. It is not always that easy to find that prime spot when you are digging buckets. It can be just a few feet away N. S. E. or W. and just "X" deep. If Hoffman just had a gold pan and a few 5 gal buckets he would be a far cry from getting any gold. Even the kid 'Parker" knows how to use some big equipment to get down to possible "PAY" and do some test pans. Old man "Deets" uses drill samples to make determinations.

You just keep on a lookin and digging Huelten. I would!

Bejay

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice size colors and they look great from my house!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great color. Go get some more and post that pic. I Never get tired of looking at gold.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old man "Deets" uses drill samples to make determinations.

You just keep on a lookin and digging Huelten. I would!

Bejay
Are you talking about Tony Beets?...if so hes too cheap to drill holes he goes from old charts someone else drilled .....and as for parker he hit a good test pan in the river bed if my memory is correct....didnt involve moving over burden with any machine

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran my material through my BGT prospector. It ate it up the dirt, me and my partner couldn't keep it fed. I wasnt expecting much so i was pretty shocked when i cleaned up at the house. Once i buy my new highbanker i'm gonna go hit that spot hard.

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jog:
Looks like you were correct about that side of the river! Its honestly very easy digging too, just a couple swings of my rock hammer breaks the material up.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jog:
Looks like you were correct about that side of the river! Its honestly very easy digging too, just a couple swings of my rock hammer breaks the material up.

Were you anywhere near that drainage that comes in from the south?

Scooby903

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about Tony Beets?...if so hes too cheap to drill holes he goes from old charts someone else drilled .....and as for parker he hit a good test pan in the river bed if my memory is correct....didnt involve moving over burden with any machine

Well, they did use large machines to divert the river so they could mine there...

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a good spot, are you working any bedrock or just channel gravels?

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not working any bedrock yet, im trying to get down to it but its slightly dangerous digging downwards. I already took a 45 pound boulder to the leg (good thing im young) as it broke free from the pack up above where i was digging. Ive got about a 15-20 foot high channel of sand and gravel to work in the mean time though as i work my way down. Im going to invest in one of those GoldHog Viper highbankers to up the amount of material i can move as well as probably camping a weekend down there. This claim alone is going to force me to re-up my membership with that prospecting club as its the best gold ive found to this date

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions