126_4729.JPG 126_4733.JPG

126_4735.JPG

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Luke , What did ya have to go and do that for?

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am lookin and lookin maybe someday

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
There's gold in them thar hills...

Inlaws.png

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job Luke!

NC, TN, or VA?

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
You all can come down anytime, lol. Tennessee has some lovely gold! :thumbsup:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
please send all gold to me for confirmation

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You all can come down anytime, lol. Tennessee has some lovely gold! :thumbsup:

I WILL do that! I'm retired now, back down on the farm. Got some water here coming off the mountain too! You and Glenn are welcome anytime.

Right now I have a new career = cutting firewood and feeding the stove so I don't freeze to death! I'm sure you got the same weather on your side of the mountains too!

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, feeding the woodstove is a full-time position for sure! It's a ghost town here. Just an occasional Jeep or four wheeler ride by. It's been pretty nasty here at the top of the mountain (about 3,000 feet). No plows, no salt, no chat. Nothing, lol.

I'm planning on headed up into Virginia when the ground thaws to do some digging for a few days. I'm sure we could arrange a get together with Glen.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been pretty nasty here at the top of the mountain (about 3,000 feet). .

My farm is at the base of Bull Mountain, which is right at 3600 ft. I'm down here probably around 2000 ft. Tried climbing that mountain back in the 70's with a couple of buddies. Up and down ridges, having to pull ourselves up by grabbing trees & bushes, got dog tired, topped another ridge, and the peak looked just as far away as it was when we started...

I've read there are natural staurolite crystals (Fairystones) on top there. I'm about 5 or 6 miles from Fairystone State Park, and the stones can be found there too. Here's just a random link about them:

Fairy stone Staurolite crosses Virginia

I've only gone looking for them once, found some crystals, but they weren't exactly crosses. Legend here was that when Christ died, the angels cried, and their tears formed the crosses.

Keep the faith!

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My farm is at the base of Bull Mountain, which is right at 3600 ft. I'm down here probably around 2000 ft. Tried climbing that mountain back in the 70's with a couple of buddies. Up and down ridges, having to pull ourselves up by grabbing trees & bushes, got dog tired, topped another ridge, and the peak looked just as far away as it was when we started...

I've read there are natural staurolite crystals (Fairystones) on top there. I'm about 5 or 6 miles from Fairystone State Park, and the stones can be found there too. Here's just a random link about them:

Fairy stone Staurolite crosses Virginia

I've only gone looking for them once, found some crystals, but they weren't exactly crosses. Legend here was that when Christ died, the angels cried, and their tears formed the crosses.

Keep the faith!

Wow, I knew you guys had some Staurolite up there; but those are top-notch specimens coming out of your area. (Did a lil research)
I am a winter person but I want the ground to thaw so bad so I can go dig! Of course, I haven't really stopped digging all winter, lol. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and seeing Glen again. -Luke

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mick, that is a mixture of panning and sluicing.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, that is some beautiful Eastern gold there. :)
Very nice indeed!
Do you have any video's or pictures of you working your area?

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang, that is some beautiful Eastern gold there. :)
Very nice indeed!
Do you have any video's or pictures of you working your area?

I'd have to take a look through some folders and see if I have anything from over the summer. Thanks for the kind words!

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Luke, did you have to do that to us when the weather is sooo cold out there, because you know that makes everyone want to grab the gold pan. It also makes us feel incompetent or at least looking for gold or as the old song goes (love) in all the wrong places. I've got a lot of fine gold on my place but so far haven't found any this chunky. Enjoy you sharing with us what the possibilities are out there waiting for us.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7:

I'm just getting everyone pumped for the thaw. Look forward to coming down to see you!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread