Bazooka Gold Company

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I' am a little mad(Pissed). I ordered my sniper Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice Box on 2/12/15. Bazooka Gold Company has withdrawn my money from my bank account. I have send them an email, I have called them to find out where my product is (Nothing). You would think if they were out of stock or shipping orders late, I would get an email or something. I'am ready to make a complaint to BBB. Hell I can't even get a replay to get a refund.

Returns Policy

You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).

You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).

If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.

Shipping

Our sluices sell faster than we can make them. We strive to have them ready to ship out within 5 business days of the order date, and this doesn't include the time in transit. In many cases your sluice will ship out faster than this, it depends on the varying daily demand for our different models. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Our new system calculates freight to any address in the world. Some countries have restrictions on the size of the package, and those items will not have a real-time shipping quote. Our largest sluices have difficulty shipping into some countries at this time (Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa), but we have ways to work around it.

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear what your going through. I am on my way to Bazooka to get some stuff and will tell them about what is going on . It will take me about an hour to get there and I will have them look into the fix .

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Need a Snickers Joe? No offence but IMHO, the answer lies within the 3 lines under Shipping. They speak of business days. You ordered 7 days ago but there was a weekend and a holiday in there too. I would call them the middle of next week IF you have heard nothing by then.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've worked with them and they were absolutely great! 4 business days is a difficult turn around time and what you posted here pretty much states that nothing is late at this time. They may also be checking to ensure your check clears, credit cards are cleared in minutes, checks take longer and once the product is in the mail, it's difficult to stop the shipment if the check bounces. IMHO.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who uses checks anymore?

Jeff I think I do need a snicker's. Maybe Amazon Prime spoiled me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They emailed me. They made it up to me. And I had my snicker's

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the Snickers reference. I have had many moments like that myself.

What I do find amusing is the return policy:
"You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)."
How the heck do you know what you received unless you open it? I think they meant "unused" rather than "unopened", but it does not say that.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you got it resolved. I ordered my Sniper around the same time but they told me it might take a bit longer as they are are swamped. For such a popular company it's only a few guys making these great sluices.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can assure all that they are not slacking in that workshop. Santa would be very proud.......

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok Joe, I am glad that they got ahold of you and even gave ya above average service in turn, ya know what they say. The Squeaky bearing gets the grease. (...and one of the things that is becoming wrong with this world, over squeakiness.)

IN saying that, dude yeah, the snickers ref was more than 100% accurate.

Bazooka's are made by hand, quality is always second to none and they want a perfect product to leave, no defects.
They are USUALLY backordered and some people have waited patiently for weeks before while orders were getting caught up.
Most understand and accept this, Bazooka's aren't Cheap-o china crap or a large company with warehouses filled to the top, Bazooka's are straight out high quality, American Hand Made products.
These are quite possibly the absolute best stream sluice box's anywhere and demand is very high.

Threatening a BBB complaint is very short sighted for such a short waiting period ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND and rubbed me VERY MUCH the wrong way.
That is why you got my 2+ cents on this matter.

Give your small business's not only your patronage but also your patients and understanding.

-Eric-

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my bazookas. I almost decided to by an angus mackirk recon 2. but after talking to a few people here they've reassured me that I'll handle what I need. everything from the 200 mesh down. and since I have the 24 inch sniper and the mini. I don't need to get another sluice for slow low flowing water.

I've got try them out this last week and absolutely love them compared to the other sluices. not classifing is a major part of what I love. but a little trick I've found that helps is don't feed them straight from the river. unless you have 1 of the major bazookas. the 24 inch sniper I haven't really had to considerin the larger trap. but it still helps. fill up a bucket with your ore and then take it and run that through the bazooka. the extra time filling the bucket gives the bazooka time to self clean and will allow for better results. this is my first and second run with the bazooka
20150217_181122.jpg
first day out with the 24 inch sniper. bad water flow clogged a little but it still did really well. I dug a hole and put it in.
20150219_182739.jpg
second day. I talked to Kevin and he told me to build a dam. I got my minis that day. the dam helped tons and with the mini. it did awesome. we had to leave though my wife started getting sick and the weather was getting cold.
this was on a little run off stream that was bearly deep enough to cover my shoes.
I finally figured out how to post pictures on here. can't do it with PMs but yeag 20150217_181122.jpg 20150219_182739.jpg

Last edited:

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
straight luck is all it is. that's a full days worth of work. and I bought died when I seen how bug this stuff is. 99% of the times I've been out the stuff is about the tip of a pin. There's an old mine up on the hill I went and checked out the old raveen and the 1 big bend and boom. but going further up I haven't found much. I might be able to find where it's coming from though. the only problem is there's only water in that raveen maybe 2 3 months out of the year.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015-02-19 17.24.18.png
this is where I found my glory hole. but there's a nice aluivial slide further up. I think that's where it's all coming from but where working our way up it seeing what we can find

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazooka Gold Co. could nip all this frustration in the bud by changing their "Availability: Usually ships in 3-5 business days" statement on their website. Put a realistic availability date on there. Buyers will still purchase knowing it may take 2-3 weeks to receive their purchase and then be surprised when it arrives under the 2 week time frame. It's just good business sense to Under Promise - Over Delivery.
A couple of key strokes on their web page is all it takes.

(waited 2 weeks for mine back in December based on a 3-5 business day false promise)

Bob

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazooka Gold Co. could nip all this frustration in the bud by changing their "Availability: Usually ships in 3-5 business days" statement on their website. Put a realistic availability date on there. Buyers will still purchase knowing it may take 2-3 weeks to receive their purchase and then be surprised when it arrives under the 2 week time frame. It's just good business sense to Under Promise - Over Delivery.
A couple of key strokes on their web page is all it takes.

(waited 2 weeks for mine back in December based on a 3-5 business day promise)

Bob

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Skiidum Nice gold take. You can also lay down a 5x7 blue tarp to funnel the water into your dam and bazooka. Stops the leaks in the dam. Happy Sluicing.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice thanks for the tip. never thought about that.I've got a smallish blue tarp I carry anyways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions