More gold! And sheep..

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got some more gold today and thought id share! Weather sucked, snow, sun, rain, snow, in that order. Got this out of 20 buckets even this time, again through the BGT. Cant say im disappointed feb 21.JPG photo 2.JPG sheep.JPG !

Upvote 0

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
those sheep look really tame, a couple even have collars. wonder what their names are?:laughing7:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huelten
I think your going to need a trommel to move more material, :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: I know where you can get one....:laughing7:

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope no bedrock yet! And you're exactly on point, i cannot move enough material to get down to bedrock haha! I have a my highbanker which will help me out but im waiting around for some gold hog mats to get in. I noticed a very odd observation today and that is the river has dropped over a foot in literally 7 days which exposed alot of my tailings from last trip. Im very unsure about the whole in-water work period rules and regs so im playing it careful as to if i should use my in stream sluice down there anymore and just wait to use my highbanker and save the grief. Though i wont lie those trommels your talking about sure are nifty!

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the sheep, last October i was drinking my coffee out in the mining shed was looking over at where i had my dog tied, and thought he was standing in my ice plant so i walk over to give him heck for thrashing my garden, mind ya its like 430 and still dark out, i gets over to within about 5 foot and im staring right at a young mnt sheep, scared the crap out of me ran inside woke the guys and got my camera, it was crazy to see one in my front yard.
Great pic thanks for sharing.
GT................

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the gold appear to be getting better as you go down? It looks that way from the pics you have posted.

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jog: I can say it appears to be getting larger, no change in quantity however, but i would say the gold is getting significantly larger as i go down. But still, at the end of the day ive barely made a dent in the bank side. I need to move more material and would like to get down and move 80-100 in a day and then do a cleanup; which will require my highbanker.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothin' like gold in the pan for me this time of year!

The weather is still a bit of a hindrance, so it's nice to see some shiny gold.

Thanks, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny: Its just been too hard for me to be patient with mother nature as of late! Similar to every year i simply cant wait through the entirety of winter to get out and chase some gold. Especially when i'm having the best success i've had in my short career.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a thought (Scary I Know) but, I think you said you were using buckets so maybe try this. Get a wheelbarrow & mount a hinged grizzly to the top of it, shovel onto the grizzly and let it sort the lager material out for you. When you get enough into the wheelbarrow that you can manage safely take it down to your sluice and flip up the grizzly and start shoveling, that may speed things up if you’re in an area where you could use a wheelbarrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread