The Counsel’s mission is; 1: Bring together all the groups and organizations that are

gvellas

Nov 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes Joe from sleepy bear did the announcement at the last plp outing I was there. It sounds like a very interesting and very good plan for us. We would have a mining Bureau that does not report to any other agency in government other than top level. No reporting to BLM or US Forest Service. And we have our own mining police watching out for us. At least that's how it's supposed to go. It's very new that's why the website is not very complete. They are trying to move as fast as possible, and recruit members to help them from all over the states. They are also going to start doing a cable television show about prospecting and rights or something but I don't know exactly what that was about

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes Joe from sleepy bear did the announcement at the last plp outing I was there. It sounds like a very interesting and very good plan for us. We would have a mining Bureau that does not report to any other agency in government other than top level. No reporting to BLM or US Forest Service. And we have our own mining police watching out for us. At least that's how it's supposed to go. It's very new that's why the website is not very complete. They are trying to move as fast as possible, and recruit members to help them from all over the states. They are also going to start doing a cable television show about prospecting and rights or something but I don't know exactly what that was about

http://www.mineralsandminingadvisorycouncil.org/pdf/flow-chart.pdf- According to the flow chart on their website under the Media category and then the sub-category; BLM-Congress, that is incorrect they would respond directly to the BLM.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark- to my knowledge, Shannon knows all about them and is in communication with them.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay, Joe is the guy you want to talk to. Sounds like he is very busy, though. His contact info is on his mining site.

Uncle Ron

Greenie
Mar 26, 2003
Golden Triangle, Arizona
"Partners" of this proposed organization include BLM and Green Planet ... This deal smells to high heaven ... Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing!!! From all evidence this is not what it purports to be!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the MMAC website on mining districts:
"All historic operating districts so they have a unified loud voice, shall be voted in as a sub-district by the head MMAC for that district.

The sub-district must still operate under the Rules and Regulations of the MMAC Districts, but must answer to and report to its head MMAC district."

Sorry but that too is incorrect- "The laws and customs of one district cannot be introduced to vary those of another- King vs. Edward, Mining Law Digest"

OP
OP
chupacabra

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chupacabra, where did you originally find this link?
I'm trying to discover the principles but with a ghost physical address, it's pretty tough.
:dontknow:

It was posted on facebook, I posted it here for the very thing thats being done, discussion, since many of us have little to no knowledge of mining districts and the organization of a coalition(s).

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the MMAC website on mining districts:
"All historic operating districts so they have a unified loud voice, shall be voted in as a sub-district by the head MMAC for that district.

The sub-district must still operate under the Rules and Regulations of the MMAC Districts, but must answer to and report to its head MMAC district."

Sorry but that too is incorrect- "The laws and customs of one district cannot be introduced to vary those of another- King vs. Edward, Mining Law Digest"

Good research fowledup! :thumbsup:

I only wish the MMAC had done their own research before proposing to form or control mining districts. Mining districts are as individual as the miners that form them. Trying to control them from outside the members of a district is contrary to the purpose of forming a district.

I think many of the people forming these "mining" organizations know something about some forms of placer gold mining but are clueless about the needs of miners practicing other forms of mining.

Heavy Pans

Bluestar9

Feb 21, 2015
The Great State of Jefferson
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another government agency? Are you kidding me? Name me one efficient, competent government agency & one that hasn’t screwed you! “Hi, we’re from the government & we’re here to help you.”

On the MMAC web site under the “Rules & Regulations” pdf, found under the “forms, laws, jobs & docs” tab:
4b: USDMM Liaisons shall not have a working relationship with any environmental,
energy, animal rights or conservation groups.
4c: USDMM Liaisons may have an affiliation relationship with any environmental,
Yet under the “partners” tab it lists “The Emerald Planet” as one of their partners.
This from the “Emerald Planet” website:

Not only do they say they are “Your Sustainable Enviromental……….” (that should be enough to scare you) but it violates & contradicts MMAC’s own rules & regulations quoted above.
The EmeraldPlanet’s leadership and associated experts work with research institutions, businesses, governments, universities, healthcare providers, clean water advocates, and non-governmental and community-based organizations with the common goal of arresting, and possibly reversing the ravages of climate change.
The EmeraldPlanet works in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in collaboration with the PanAmerican-PanAfrican Association (Pa/Pa), a 501(c)(3) organization.
I hope I don’t need to decode for you just who these people are that MMAC wants to partner up with putting yet more regulations on you on a U.N. scale.
You think you have problems now dealing with the BLM, USFS & state regulators just wait ‘till you get in bed with these people.
Actually I was shocked to see seasoned people like Hefty, Ratled, fowledup & others endorsing this fraud.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bluestar, welcome and thanks for your input, JMHO, them you mention are not endorsing , but questioning MMAC <---- for me something does not add up, maybe ICMJ and plp been hijacked
and as for me, i will donate to PLP, and directly to Reinhart case, i am getting better leads on local mining district that has nothing to do with MMAC, those that are ierested in mining i would encorage you to do the same in your respective countys
Fowledup, Thanks for the encouragement

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bluestar9, welcome and I agree with 99% of what you said. 2c is also right. Please don't confuse unemotional logical discussion for endorsement. This is what we do here...or at least aspire to. That said, IMHO the idea has merit but NEVER EVER thru the government. THAT will never work.

Bluestar9

Feb 21, 2015
The Great State of Jefferson
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jeff & 2cmorau for your welcome. :occasion14: I interpreted their likes on the first post of this thread as an endorsement when they maybe were just "liking" that it got posted.
Another thing I find disturbing is in the ICMJ article Ron Kliewer sings the praises of the 1872 Mining Act (which is good) but on the MMAC site under the laws tab there is a link titled "Codified 1872 Mining Law". Ask yourself, what does "codified" mean? It means to codify. In other words they want to take something that is Law, a congressional grant, & change it into a "code". Did your eyes just get wide open?
Thanks again for the welcome.
Bill

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bluestar9- I think you have misunderstood my questioning and "like". I am not supporting or endorsing them at all, I'm trying to remain civil and give them the benfit of the doubt and opportunity to speak up for themselves and explain their ideas and plans. It would be easy to ground sluice them right on the water where they sit, but what if I am wrong and they are indeed the answer to all our prayers. I want answers and specifics, not general "we need to" statements. I would ask the very same questions of the outfits and organizations I support or belong to. Like many on here I've got a large portion of my time and personal finances devoted to the mining world. I'm not gonna roll over and hand it to someone because they tell me I need to. Then again I don't want to cut the throat of an opportunity that may solve our problems. I know more than I say and have my own opinions, but that's irrelevant, they should be speaking for and defending themselves. My "like" was for the concept and discussion. I whole heartedly see the need for Mining Districts, in fact we are researching and planning a district in the area of our claims. We are taking the time to do it right, and aren't going to rush into it in an irresponsible and wreckless manner. In all honesty the WMA's watershed group model is a far better plan for organizing miners into a unified voice and would easily slide into the role of mining districts without modification. Grouping everyone into a big lump sump, under the guise of a new federal agency IMHO will not work. Miners are supposed to be governing themselves according to the mining laws of 1872. It's a responcibility and right we gave up some time ago by letting the mining districts go by the wayside. It pisses me off when folks bi--ch about the existing agencies, especially BLM not fullfilling their obligations to mining. It's not their obligation, it's ours we gave it up! Example- claim info, why is it so hard to find the info and get it to jive, and be current? That's because we don't have the district recorderswe used to monitoring, updating, and recording the actual whats happening now. Those are miners responsibilities not an existing or new federal agencies. Policing and enforcing the rights of miners is the responsibility of Miners, not an existing or new federal agency. It's the law and has been for a long time plain and simple. Rather then circumvent our law and creat another hurdle to jump over or work around maybe we should fix and follow the ones we have.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
JMO and only MO
I fine MMac's goals almost the same as NMA goals of 30 years ago and they have not helped the coal miners or miners in general. Here look for you self at the goals. National Mining Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia here is some more for you to chew on Advocacy Campaign Team for Mining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You tell me what you see. Compareing to MMac goals.

History has a tendency to repeate itself if one doesnt look back to the past and see the future.

MMac wants to do this all in 2015. As to have this all done in a little over 8 mounth's MMac will miss alot of things and leve the back doors open.

I know all of us would like and want some thing like this to work. But this Yellow Brick Road approach has been tried and Has not worked.

If MMac is the real deal and I ( hope ) if this dose happen all of those that do join MMac dont lose their shirts Because this would strike 2 and to recover from it would be almost impossible.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are confused about “federal stakeholder” in their letters and other references
What they state as “congressional approval” is merely a request to be a stakeholder, forwarded by Congressman Paul Cook
as far as the mining districts; all the congressman has to go by was what they told him.
There are a lot of organizations that could be considered a “local government entity”
as such they can request to be included when there is federal action that requires coordination or request to be a stakeholder
but it has to be requested on federal action or land planning or committees…
http://www.mineralsandminingadvisorycouncil.org/pdf/02-19-2015-Congressional-Letter-Backing.pdf

If they are not properly organized by local miners with a declaration & bylaws and properly recorded
they are just paper mining districts, its like place holders on an association claim it makes them null & void

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
M.E.G.-was wondering when you were gonna chime in. Appears to be a unanimous consensus amongst those whose knowledge I respect a lot when it comes to these types of matters. Nuff said as far as I'm concerned, confirms what my gut and research was telling me. Thanks gents, back to the real battle!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Another government agency? Are you kidding me? Name me one efficient, competent government agency & one that hasn’t screwed you! “Hi, we’re from the government & we’re here to help you.”

On the MMAC web site under the “Rules & Regulations” pdf, found under the “forms, laws, jobs & docs” tab:
4b: USDMM Liaisons shall not have a working relationship with any environmental,
4c: USDMM Liaisons may have an affiliation relationship with any environmental,
Yet under the “partners” tab it lists “The Emerald Planet” as one of their partners.
This from the “Emerald Planet” website:

Not only do they say they are “Your Sustainable Enviromental……….” (that should be enough to scare you) but it violates & contradicts MMAC’s own rules & regulations quoted above.
The EmeraldPlanet’s leadership and associated experts work with research institutions, businesses, governments, universities, healthcare providers, clean water advocates, and non-governmental and community-based organizations with the common goal of arresting, and possibly reversing the ravages of climate change.
The EmeraldPlanet works in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in collaboration with the PanAmerican-PanAfrican Association (Pa/Pa), a 501(c)(3) organization.
I hope I don’t need to decode for you just who these people are that MMAC wants to partner up with putting yet more regulations on you on a U.N. scale.
You think you have problems now dealing with the BLM, USFS & state regulators just wait ‘till you get in bed with these people.
Actually I was shocked to see seasoned people like Hefty, Ratled, fowledup & others endorsing this fraud.

Just because I clicked on the liked button does not mean I am endorsing this. The concept for more mining districts is great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions