Anyone ever used the Le Trap to dredge with?

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I have added a Le Trap to my toys, I was thinking about building a little stand and reverse riffle at the beginning of the Le Trap and hooking it up to my 2inch hydro force dryland nozzle and clean out of dry land tight spots...

Anyhow ever done any kind of dredging with the Le Trap? I have seen many use it for clean ups, But wanted to see what others that own or have used them thought..

Thanks All

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you start, stop, start, stop, I think you'll have trouble as water flow is what holds the materials in the Le Trap.

Some kind of sluice with matting will hold the gold much better if there's any starting or stopping.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ahh I got ya, so it will be fine as long as your not stop, starting etc etc.... Makes sense...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive seen several of these setups over the years BUT with a 2 inch suction nozzle NOT a Hydroforce nozzle. I agree with Lanny on the starting/stopping of the water/material not working right !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread