Calsluice 2b

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen this new sluice. it's pretty cool. it's an undercut sluice. screen on top where you put the material then it slides down the screen and goes into deep V mat and after that is a couple riffles. it looks like a good sluice. pricey but not to bad. I wounder how well it holds onto fines.
the top runner 2 definitely has it beet in price. but same idea generally. just the calsluice is longer and has riffles at the end

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Has anyone seen this new sluice. it's pretty cool. it's an undercut sluice. screen on top where you put the material then it slides down the screen and goes into deep V mat and after that is a couple riffles. it looks like a good sluice. pricey but not to bad. I wounder how well it holds onto fines.
the top runner 2 definitely has it beet in price. but same idea generally. just the calsluice is longer and has riffles at the end

The Top Runner 2 hasn't been ava. in several years now that Andy got transferred to the great state of Texas! yep the TR2 was a very nice sluice! Andy made several versions of it! I asked him to develop a sluice for a dredge setup BUT he was swamped with his work and didn't have the time to work on more TR2s or any new projects

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one and I love that I dont have to classify material just shovel it. Down side is it is heavy. But it works great!

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice could you post some pictures of the inside without the screen on it please. how well does it hold fines. if I can I'd like to get this for my wife instead of the sidewinder. she's already seen this bad boy and likes the way it works.
it reminds me of the gold blits just with a screen over it and undercut

Last edited:

socalal99

Jan 26, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Calsluice 2B has been around for a few years. I also have one and love it because I do not have to classify. I added V matting on the entry area where you shovel material so I can see if there is gold. Works great, a little heavy but it gets the fine gold.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see me and the wife have bazooka minis and the 24 inch sniper. but I picked everything out. my wife Started looking at the sidewinder. but after lots of post and looking for people who use it she's decided otherwise. someone suggested the gold blits but that's expensive as all heck and to get it shipped here o wow. might as well get a gold well. but she seen it and I showed her the DFS sluice. and she started looking into it and found this guy. I've already seen it. but anyway honestly if she wants this puppy I'm alittle for it. the sniper and the minis are great for hicking. but a full on production sluice like the miner or the prospector bazooka I'd love to get hands down would be my first choice. but if she wants the calsluice #2b and it has good recovery like the bazooka then I'm more than willing to help her get it. and the design is nice. at first she wanted to get a TR sluice but I told her they don't make them anymore and told her to check out the drop riffle sluices. and sure enough she found this. not exactly a drop riffle sluice but after using the zooka she's not lugging a classifier with us again. I can garrenty shill have all kinds of stickers on it before we start running it lol. but all in all looks like it will stand up and handle the situation with ease. so at least I won't have something that sits in the garage catching dust instead of gold like everyone I've talked to who've used the sidewinder. and I think the design on the bottom sold her. its designed almost exactly like the Gold blits. just has aNother level for a classifier

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also if someone could Post a picture of the inside of the calsluice #2b inside without the screen on it would help. that's all she wants to see is what it looks like under it and what is using under the grizzly

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a good choice. If you're willing to carry it.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my only real question is how well does it hold onto the 20 to 150 mesh gold

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah its definitely a heavy piece. but the sidewinder mini is 12 pounds and it's small small. this thing is a beast and doesn't weight as much.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So anyways its official. the wife has made her decision final. the Calsluice #2b is going to be ordered in the next week maybe 2 tops. in a couple weeks I'll be getting the bazooka prospector to run side buy side with I
her calsluice. I've got another idea with this sluice 2. I think it could be 1 of the few that could handle running behind the bazooka to see if there loozing anything. then will try the same thing run the bazooka behind the Calsluice. I wish I could make sluice that incorporates the bazooka fluid bed. then something like the calsluice #2b grizzly behind the grizzly on the zooka. and under the grizzly would have the carpet and corrugated aluminum, then drop riffle. the bazooka end would come in making the water run the fluid bed. then expand out wards like the le trap and some others to drop pressure. it would have 2 be an undercut sluice so whatever the fluid bed cleaned out the carpet and the grizzly from the fluid bed would run over the carpet and drop riffles without causing any losses. so it would be a full 3 different types of capturing anything and everything. maybe post a picture soon of the idea lol I'm probably asking allot but I can dream lol.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1127452

RED IS THE FLUID BED.
Brown is the PUNCH PLATE.
Green is the CARPETS.
Blue is the DROP RIFFLES.
JUST A THOUGHT. I DONT KNOW HOW ID MAKE THIS BABY BUT IT WOULD BE A DAM FINE SLUICE I GARRENTY THAT.
I'd put a venturi on the fluid bed jets where the water went in. that way the water would hit a larger area and be forced into the tubes. so it wouldn't need to have such an angle on the fluid bed. but anyway let me know what you think. I'll be posting this in another post just to see what people think. you can say something there or here

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Calsluice 2B 1.jpg Calsluice2b 2.jpg

Hope this helps I put mine on a pack frame and just carry it on my back with other supplies

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks man. that does help. the wife is all about this sluice.

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pack set up.jpg

Here is my carry set up. I run 2 pack frames I carry one and one of my sons carries the other

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweetness man you should make like a little video of how all that fits together. I'll definitely be interested in that for sure. once I get mine this will be like my little Jernal with that sluice ever thing we find and so on. once this the weather starts looking good I'll start a regular 1. we can't wait to get this guy and try it out.

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am so new to the hobby. I am learning what I need to bring vars what I have. I just picked up a small fluid bed sluice. it weights maybe 4 pounds and I will give it a try this coming weekend

I have started to video somethings maybe I will.

ForumRunner_20150309_155847.png

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my bazooka. it may be little but it holds gold really well. run it steep and fast and you'll tear it up

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The WMA has a good pack for sale and there are a lot of good pack frames. In the first few minutes of this movie< I show the one that I use. Even after 50 or so trips it still works great with no breaks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread