WHAT HAS BECOME OF GOLDWELL SLUICES?

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep that's the one I seen. probably was having problems selling them. he'll they needed a gun at those prices.

But to see one in person would change your mind. They are built like a tank and will out live its owner. Bernie had offered one to be at a reduce price (25% off) and I should have taken him up on it. When I had decided I would buy one he was out of business and why my PM went unanswered. I was looking for the 12" x 60" to place under the trommel. But all it all its all for the better cause I do not see myself out and about for a good long while.

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe not for your trommel

But to see one in person would change your mind. They are built like a tank and will out live its owner. Bernie had offered one to be at a reduce price (25% off) and I should have taken him up on it. When I had decided I would buy one he was out of business and why my PM went unanswered. I was looking for the 12" x 60" to place under the trommel. But all it all its all for the better cause I do not see myself out and about for a good long while.

Viper I think your lucky you did not us that sluice for your trommel. They have to be set up perfect to run right in clean water. If you are going to recirculate that trommel I don't think it would be that great. It is an awesome sluice though & well worth the money. If you want one to play with I can dig it out and bring it with me at the end of March. I will be in Yuma,Quartzsite & end up in Dolan springs then head up the snake route 89 to prescott. Use it as long as you like.

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other
One more thing, I am going to buy another smaller bazooka to run under my dewatering screw tank drain to catch the fines when I empty it out.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wanted to bump this up so it does not get buried as I know of one person in these forums that's still waiting for his GW.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea they are a great sluice, I was trying to contact them to do some more movies for them and put them up against Bazooka's and everything else on film with the right people. But being that I couldn't get any answer and I have a limited time frame to get organized for the year, we picked up a Gold Cube Trommel instead. I had thought long and hard about it and chose the Goldwell first and then this happened... But on the new season of Yukon Gold, Karl has the Goldwell Banker and is using it with great results as his main clean up machine for his Sulfur Creek Mine in episode 2 that came out last week.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not exactly on topic but the other night on Yukon Gold (S03E02) one of the crews was using the Goldwell in his clean-up.

Too late bud. See the post above yours.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are these reruns of Yukon Gold? I thought this show had ended and was not returning. If I remember it was one of the better gold shows. Hmmm will take a look.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:censored::BangHead: Too funny, I had just read Reeds post but glossed over the last part. Oooooops........ :tongue3:
Thanks...............

No worries friend.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I cannot find Yukon Gold on Cox Cable. They use to carry this show. I will have to try to find it on my little black box called Minix NEO X8-H using XBMC.

Last edited:

GoldminersWife

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2014
Gold Country
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Bernie on his Facebook site "We have taken the store offline until we have manufacture worked out again. Also we have a few customers whose orders were not filled and we will be taking care of that also. Soon hopefully. With those a-holes Jeremiah Cohn and Gary Smith mucking around showing everyone how stupid they are (almost impossible to make a gold well vortex dsign fail but they managed to do just that) and screwed up my local sales, with recent manufacturing issues and virtually no income it's like telling a guy to go win a race then chop his legs off. But as always I will find some way. The thing that bothers me most of all are the customers who have waited so long to get their sluice. Fortunately it's only a few people so far as I know."

GoldminersWife

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2014
Gold Country
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then this. "Well, this break from things has done me some good. And something very good may have come from it. Ever since I invented the vortex drop riiffle system, I have had something bugging me, like something I missed or wasn't seeing that was right in front of my face. Sure enough, as often happens with me, today I had that ah-ha moment and now believe I can deliver the performance of my current design, and perhaps even increase the sluice throughput, while eliminating the heavy plates and bring the costs down similar to a traditional sluice system. Plus it will be far lighter too! But I will make it with the same quality that our customers currently enjoy. I hope to squeeze a few hours this week to make a test setup. And if it works as I think it will, will secure patent rights immediately internationally as well as the USA. But not even a hint from me as to how it will be accomplished. So don't ask haha. As soon as I get some results I will let you all know!"

"Well that's a bummer. Did a quick check today of it and didn't work as expected. Back to the drawing boards as they say ... but I know I'll crack it sooner or later."
March 14 at 7:27pm

GoldminersWife

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2014
Gold Country
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"
"Don Moreland: poor bernie kept trying to fix the problem anbd went broke. he reclaimed the bogus sluices and replaced them with good one for a minumumm cost. even though it wasnt his fault people bought them. then when the machine shop quit on him. and sold his disk that was the final straw. too bad he couldnt have got a good lawyer."
March 3 at 7:40am ·

His partners broke from him and made knock offs in Mexico and Canada and they didn't work, ugh

"
"Gold Well Sluice: Don, the silence is due to the fact I am in a remote area with horrible internet access and only a phone or pad to access wnen I can. Just taking time to get things up and going right again. I appreciate that you are a fan. Dont count me out yet...I'm tougher than Iook lol"
March 12 at 9:04pm · Like · 5

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I hope that Bernie finds his way and brings back the Gold Well. Those who have seen the GW knows firsthand the quality and those who own the GW knows firsthand that the GW produces and will last a lifetime. The weight does not bother me and I hope Bernie brings back the original.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Bernie today and as of right now being that I love the Gold Well sluice, I am going to once again be endorsing it fully now and doing my best to help him get it going again. He has had some bad breaks and also some serious patent infringement that basically flat out broke him but he is in the process of working with a new machinist and having them made. I will be talking with him in a couple of weeks to see how the new company is doing with the new die's, tooling, etc. that they are making to get everything up and ready for production and then Karen and I along with some others will move from there into promoting and selling it because it is a great product. I am going to do my best to get some good trustable dealers lined up for him. The new Gold Well that we saw on Yukon Gold is actually one of the Canadian knock-off's and not an original. These are made by a guy who was working with him and basically took his patent to Canada and set it up for himself. So Bernie has been had by some dishonest people, so to speak. Were they breaking the law? Well not technically here in the US because they made some minute changes to his design. Unfortunately these minute changes also made the sluice not work and even though they were using another name and being made elsewhere, Bernie got blasted for the imitation's inferiority and gave them Gold Well's to replace them...
Man I really like the Gold Well Sluice, so I told Bernie today that I will do what I can to help. As of right now Bernie is alone in his business, but in a few weeks, after the Miners Bash, we are going to head down there and see what we can do to help get things rolling :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I talked to Bernie today and as of right now being that I love the Gold Well sluice, I am going to once again be endorsing it fully now and doing my best to help him get it going again. He has had some bad breaks and also some serious patent infringement that basically flat out broke him but he is in the process of working with a new machinist and having them made. I will be talking with him in a couple of weeks to see how the new company is doing with the new die's, tooling, etc. that they are making to get everything up and ready for production and then Karen and I along with some others will move from there into promoting and selling it because it is a great product. I am going to do my best to get some good trustable dealers lined up for him. The new Gold Well that we saw on Yukon Gold is actually one of the Canadian knock-off's and not an original. These are made by a guy who was working with him and basically took his patent to Canada and set it up for himself. So Bernie has been had by some dishonest people, so to speak. Were they breaking the law? Well not technically here in the US because they made some minute changes to his design. Unfortunately these minute changes also made the sluice not work and even though they were using another name and being made elsewhere, Bernie got blasted for the imitation's inferiority and gave them Gold Well's to replace them...
Man I really like the Gold Well Sluice, so I told Bernie today that I will do what I can to help. As of right now Bernie is alone in his business, but in a few weeks, after the Miners Bash, we are going to head down there and see what we can do to help get things rolling :)

Reed this is outstanding news. I wish Bernie all the best. It's BS Bernie's helper has screwed him over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread