The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://www.theunion.com/news/15310271-113/urgency-key-to-saving-sierra-nevada-forests

Front page of the paper this morning. They really like using the word,"urgent/urgency" throughout in order to create a sense of desperation and force the naive public into emotional signing up with their bandwagon.

"We need to include things like addressing invasive species and abandoned mines for watershed ecological improvement" -Gyant

Bah ha ha. Does the center for biological diversity like invasive species? Curious. I'm also curious as to how plugging up old mine shafts (mostly on private property) and relocating or killing invasive species will MAKE IT RAIN or PREVENT FOREST FIRES.

"Beason told the group that Nevada County would like to find a $50 million to $60 million cash flow to fund operation of a sawmill to handle forest biomass. He gave details of the county's vegetation ordinances and said he would like to mandate that private property owners create fuel breaks to separate their properties from adjoining forest lands".

Wait what? If they hadn't closed down all of our sawmills to begin with then we wouldn't need $60 mil for a bloody sawmill! Are they transporting forest duff to other locations of the forest? Do they know the ecological impacts of doing that? Bugs and plant life habitat would be destroyed as well and relocated to new locations where they could be invasive! That's huge! Sheesh why not put it in a giant pile for the public to hual away for free! Wait that's to easy.

Mandated fire breaks around your house? That's called defensible space and we already HAVE that including the ability to be fined for not having done so. Unless you life in Lake Tahoe where I hear it's illegal to cut your own trees down.

What's this about a contest with a $ billion prize for anyone who comes up with a solution to natural disasters? What, they haven't figured this out yet and so they are asking for help? Bah ha ha!

"What happens in the forest doesn't stay in the forest"
Laughing my butt off! Sure it does, it works for Las Vegas doesn't it? If you drop your trash in the forest it stays in the forest until i pick it up for you.

"It will be two years after the Rim Fire until the decision is made where to replant". - John Buckley

THE GROUND! You put the baby trees in the ground! Do you really need to have every sappling plotted out? So that's where my money is going.

Now they wan to use beavers to block the water and are pushing "beavers instead of bulldozers"!!!?

Erm, have they not seen what beavers do to their surroundings? And what impacts would non native beavers have on local ecology in areas that don't have a beaver?

Sorry for any typos as I'm on my phone

Discussion..... GO

Upvote 0

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
THE SKY IS FALLING!
th
THE SKY IS FALLING!

th

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Mother Nature will take care of herself! Always has...Always will.
Spending money, writing rules, regulations wont!

Mother_Nature.jpg

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mother Nature will take care of herself! Always has...Always will. Spending money, writing rules, regulations wont!

LOL that image! Can I get it printed on black velvet?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
No urgency when they allowed a trillion board feet of green lumber to burn up and pollute the air... Sheeesh

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And despite starving loggers, carpenters, and a housing market in the tank Red Emerson of Sierra Pacific Industries climbed the billionaire ladder 50 wrungs or so to become the 400 and some richest man in America with a net worth of 3.6 billion! The new Green Logging must be paying off!

Last edited:

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The US taxation on worldwide income violates Human Rights for it rejects that Americans are free and can live where they choose and if they do not use American services, they should not have to pay for not living there. The right to tax based upon birth is indistinguishable from slavery.

A little of subject. just venting

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
“The (environmental regulatory) process is cumbersome, " the environmentals said"

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After the station fire here in Los Angeles the government spent 100 million on " recovery. For many years environmental services trucks everywhere. Not sure why except to collect a paycheck.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the government and the radical enviro groups have been using scare tactics for years now. They've gotten most of the people of this country "trained" to believe everything they say and to think that they "only have our best interest in mind". There are some of us in this country still that haven't fallen for their line of bull and feel that it is our duty to remove the wool from the eyes of the sheeple. It's time for people to take back their power in this country and put the doomsayers and those that only want to control us in their places. Between outright lies, false/bought science and scare tactics our government and these groups are trying to run our lives and turn us into their puppets. Miners have been fighting this war for years now and the more I look around, the more I see that many non-miners are getting fed up with the bull as well. It seems that almost monthly now we hear of some one caught lying to further their agendas and the general public is starting to wake up and smell the coffee. We have a long way to go in this fight, but I for one am in it for the long haul.

Vent Rant Completed.... We now return you to our regularly scheduled forum.....

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The other problem, Buckley said, was the lack of sufficient markets for biomass, the woody waste product left over by forest fuels reduction.

This should be an easy solution! Here in East Tennessee, they have Industrial Grade Wood Chippers at most of the Trash Dumps for each County. Residents take brush, leaves, weeds, limbs and even some larger portions from trees to the Trash Dumps to a designated location which is usually right next to the Wood Chipper. The Employees there usually spend one day a week feeding the Wood Chopper using heavy equipment to pick up the stuff and drop it into the chipper. They then sell the end product (wood chips and other products for mulch) to Nurseries that sell trees, bushes and flowers as well as Landscaping businesses at a much better discount than they can get these for commercially. The buyers of these, only need to treat it with insecticides and herbicides before resell or use.

Ashley Conrad-Saydan, secretary for climate policy for the California Environmental Protection Agency, said the state is entering a national contest with a $1 billion grand prize on the best way to deal with natural disaster responses, using the Rim Fire response in its application.

For this, you plan ahead for and purchase equipment, you plan for essential and emergency personnel and you build fire roads and fire breaks where they are needed and make as many controlled burns as needed and/or clearing of forest fire fuels when and where needed. Also, before Obama came to Office, I came up with a "Flood and Drought Mitigation System" that would mitigate a lot of problems of flooding, drought and fire if built which would require massive Federal and State funding. However, I am sorry to say that I refuse to give the information to the Federal Government and let Obama get credit for implementing my' system, if they chose to build it.

“We need to include things like addressing invasive species and abandoned mines for watershed ecological improvement,” he said.

Invasive species (I assume they are talking about invasive grasses, weeds and other plants) are a problem nearly everywhere in the United States and although there are programs for dealing with them, so far, most have had little success. As fas as the abandoned mines are concerned, sealing them off will probably have very little effect but creating settling ponds or lakes that can hold any water contaminated by lead, Mercury or other contaminants and possibly be treated, will go a long way in helping water purity.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread