jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANIMAL Planet's ICE COLD GOLD returns TONIGHT, MARCH 5, AT 10 PM ET/PT.

THE SHOW ICE COLD GOLD follows a band of American PROSPECTORS who leave behind everything to explore a new frontier - Greenland - which is covered by the world's largest ice sheet that hides enormous riches of gold and precious gems. THIS SEASON... At the beginning of this 12-episode season, the miners are greeted with devastating news: the government sets new restrictions and takes their 13-million-dollar ruby deposit. This major setback sends the miners into complete disarray.

Animal Planet Premieres New Season of ICE COLD GOLD Tonight

Last edited:
Upvote 0

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yukon Gold appears to me to be the only prospecting/treasure show on tv these days worth watching! The rest are full of drama queens and cereal filler!

well I say by this summer, if you look up Drama Queen in the Dictionary, You'll see this

index.jpg

Talk about Embarrassment to think he's from PA.
tell me it's not true.

& I pity his daughters

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, for some reason producers think whining will attract viewers.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You expect some scripting and that's bad enough, but when it's overly scripted and the cast can't pull it off it's doomed. This is painful! Has nothing to do with mining, prospecting, or mineral exploration at all. It would be like being a Nascar fan tuning into a show they thought was about Racing and the drivers. Only to find out it was really all scripted drama about a Long Haul Trucker, a New York Taxi driver, a Toledo, Ohio Tow truck operator, and a UPS driver from Sarasota Springs Florida whose great unlce saw Petty win at Daytona in the 70's- PAINFUL!

Bluestar9

Feb 21, 2015
The Great State of Jefferson
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you can stand to watch it again, watch the part where the dude in the black cowboy hat is panning, especially his "fanning" action. Did anyone see what I think I saw?
Hmmmm................

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Other than the material all over the sides of the pan? At first it looked like a flake was in there but thought that could easily be the camera. My favorite was Americo talking about that little crusher, and waving his hands across the landscape then pronouncing- "we keep this running we'll process all of this!" Just about lost it right there. ".....For my next feat I'm gonna take this here pocket knife, cut down and process that field of corn over there, be right back!" My new addition to the bucket list is to throw their little crusher in our little trailer mounted crusher and give it back to them in a sample bag!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first season when they were in a talus field, and they kept remarking (as well as the voiceover) how dangerous it was to be there, all I could think of was running all over talus fields much steeper and more dangerous than that when I was 7 years old. Never got hurt, and was never in any "danger". Flatlanders make me laugh!

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched a couple episodes and was not impressed a bit! Thought it was in bad taste to toss the guy with the dredge to the wolves, then when they don't get approval for the ruby find I thought it was suspicious. Why would you go there and only have the main guy go to the meeting? I would have to still check on what they said about the claim and ask for an official denial conclusion from the authority, where is it? Like you guys posted is this survivor! Not much makes sense here! Worthless piece of production, not worth my time!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This show reminds me of the two clowns of Jungle Gold. Did this show get the scripts from Jungle Gold? I saw on three different occasions where the exact footage was used when the five were walking in the rock area when they realized they were headed the wrong way. How this show is into the third season is a joke. Again the script calls for drama drama drama. Chad was the lucky one to get booted. The driller is a total idiot, I would beat that guy silly if I had to deal with the sissy ass. Hate to say it cause they are from Apache Junction, Arizona, but the two brothers are who? The geologist is a hydro-geologist and an engineering geologist that deals with the clean-up of contaminated ground water and looking into geological conditions like earthquakes and soil stability. Gator he needs to go back to Arizona and run his contracting business.

The show needs to end as its been a total worthless show the first two years. I believe I will remove the scheduled records from the play list. Not worth the time watching a bunch of idiots stumble around in terrain they do not belong in. :BangHead:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show reminds me of the two clowns of Jungle Gold. Did this show get the scripts from Jungle Gold? I saw on three different occasions where the exact footage was used when the five were walking in the rock area when they realized they were headed the wrong way. How this show is into the third season is a joke. Again the script calls for drama drama drama. Chad was the lucky one to get booted. The driller is a total idiot, I would beat that guy silly if I had to deal with the sissy ass. Hate to say it cause they are from Apache Junction, Arizona, but the two brothers are who? The geologist is a hydro-geologist and an engineering geologist that deals with the clean-up of contaminated ground water and looking into geological conditions like earthquakes and soil stability. Gator he needs to go back to Arizona and run his contracting business.

The show needs to end as its been a total worthless show the first two years. I believe I will remove the scheduled records from the play list. Not worth the time watching a bunch of idiots stumble around in terrain they do not belong in. :BangHead:

Yea as I said they are going to need to at least Hint of a serious change in attitudes,
next Thursday Or I'll be with ya.

I don't remember who.
but one of them made a comment to americo
that sounded like he was trying to impress him. :icon_scratch:
Why would anyone feel they need to impress americo ?
hes a driller from Philadelphia :BangHead:

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a medical procedure yesterday so I DVR'd this show in order to watch it today.

After reading the reviews I wonder if it's worth the time. Worst case I'll
fast forward through all the BS...but will there be any show left to watch?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a medical procedure yesterday so I DVR'd this show in order to watch it today.

After reading the reviews I wonder if it's worth the time. Worst case I'll
fast forward through all the BS...but will there be any show left to watch?

LOL Seriously :dontknow: it depends on your tolerance Level.
Perhaps if you mute it, or Like listening to americo Whine & Complain and act like he knows everything :dontknow:
without a doubt it was the worst episode I've seen so far
& Twice as irritating as Last weeks in my mind.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I watched 1 episode each of the last 2 yrs. Last night my wife was channel surfing & I saw about 5 minutes where they were on a "dangerous" rock outcropping. I'll be honest with you. My 11yr old son & I will be out hiking that kind of stuff this summer & I'm scared of heights. Seriously.
And it appeared they were looking for some equipment or supplies they didn't know the whereabouts of. I know they have to create drama because 5 guys hiking through the alpine is pretty, but also get's pretty boring. But this is just too over the top to watch. Even when it's -6* outside. I've had all of season 3 I can take.
The sad part is there are a whole world of folks out there watching that thinks these guys really do represent what folks like you & I are like when we are prospecting. I don't appreciate it & I don't think it helps our cause.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Act 4, Scene-3, take 14;
Jessie to Doug:
"Uh ya...hey pard? Thought you might want to know, that device yer holding to your ear- ya that one, it's a compass not a Greenland cell phone"

Americo:
"Anybody see camp? I hate fricken camp. I didn't come hear to camp! Jack leg? Whats a freaken Jack lag? I didn't come here to Jack lag, I'm a driller!"

Eric:
"Oh man check out the mineralization in that house made out of those little red rectangular blocks- whose got my loupe? That's it, all the right indications its gotta have gold!"

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They need to rename the show "The Keystone Prospectors"....
moose.gif~original

Tossed a coin against myself, and lost, so had no choice but to try and watch it..
sSig_aaarggh.gif~original

Switched over to DirectTV about a month ago, and their electronics are
the best I've seen yet. Beauty of the DVR is not only skipping the commercials,
but I can fast-forward past all the biatching...so in the end I probably watched
15-18 min. of the whole show.

zipper.gif~original
Just between us, every time I look at Eric's face it appears that, while the lights
are on, but the occupant is not present. Or, as my dad always used to say,
"That boy there....he ain't right."

Man's got crazy greed in his eyes, and I'd lay $5 that there's gonna be issues
about it before the season is over.

Amerigo is a tough kid, but remember that he's a city boy, so being in the
wilderness and hiking that kind of terrain ain't something he's used to. It's
easy to ff through all the whining.

FWIW, if it was me there and Eric said to go on 3 mile hike after going sleepless
for 50+ hrs., I'd have told him to go take a flying sexual encounter with a
globally rotating lunar object. Then again, he might not get that one, so
then it simply would be "Eat my shorts Eric", and I'd go to bed. Whatever is
there now will still be there when I get up.

Anyone else think they should have dug down through that top layer of
rusty dirt? With the rain and hydraulic action from the snow melt I would
imagine the bigger gold is gonna sink down deeper than the lighter weight
iron.

I give them 1 star for some nice scenery; the show itself owes points.

Last edited:

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the honesty in all your critiques! It's not looking good on the ICG facebook page either. LOL
They are around 95+ percent negative posts since episode 1 and as they replay 1 & 2 the carnage continues.
The show has been a learning experience but the way things are edited I'm sure glad to be done with this one!

Chad and I have had offers for shows not associated with mining. . . and . . . no!
Chad wants to dive up in Nome, I want to mine on land and/or rivers & streams, not the ocean.
We will be getting together again this summer, this time here in Maine, to do some stream dredging.
If all goes well we'll have some great footage, if for nothing else, just to share with our friends.

Sure am glad I got out when I did.

ICE COLD GOLD JACK
"first man down"

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love the honesty in all your critiques! It's not looking good on the ICG facebook page either. LOL
They are around 95+ percent negative posts since episode 1 and as they replay 1 & 2 the carnage continues.
The show has been a learning experience but the way things are edited I'm sure glad to be done with this one!

Chad and I have had offers for shows not associated with mining. . . and . . . no!
Chad wants to dive up in Nome, I want to mine on land and/or rivers & streams, not the ocean.
We will be getting together again this summer, this time here in Maine, to do some stream dredging.
If all goes well we'll have some great footage, if for nothing else, just to share with our friends.

Sure am glad I got out when I did.

ICE COLD GOLD JACK
"first man down"

It's sad really, you get your hopes up for what could and should be and find out it's the same o'l chit. This show especially, after all when you remove the only two real gold miners it ain't a show about mining anymore is it? Best of luck and hope you guys can put something on the tube, I know if you all have your way we all will like it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they Seriously need to get new editors or cut & run.
and considering who is there yet, cut and run seems more logical.

their Guide even had them going the wrong direction , but insisting he knew where he was

Last edited:

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, most 'professional athletes' have no idea that a compass can be off up to 75* when used above the Arctic Circle.
And if Jesse had a GPS, WHY did he not use it earlier?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, most 'professional athletes' have no idea that a compass can be off up to 75* when used above the Arctic Circle.
And if Jesse had a GPS, WHY did he not use it earlier?

aaah ! ok then it was probably just another piece of created drama

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread