fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Every so often I check Craigslist and Ebay to make sure I don't see familiar pictures of claims for sale that I know for certain aren't. My lord if you want to see whose honest and whose not, now is a good time. Take a look and check out the lead in's to their sales pitches - "Dredgings legal", "the bans over", "dredging opens this June", "start mining immediately everything transferable" and my personal favorite "never been mined". People got no scrupples, fricken crooks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff of PA, or Treasure Hunter this thread has turned towards the absurd and no longer offers solid information of any real value. I worry that it will be incorrectly used as a reference source and could potentially get someone into some real legal troubles. I don't want to see this forums credibility tarnished, as the original poster I would like to request that you delete my thread.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff of PA, or Treasure Hunter this thread has turned towards the absurd and no longer offers solid information of any real value. I worry that it will be incorrectly used as a reference source and could potentially get someone into some real legal troubles. I don't want to see this forums credibility tarnished, as the original poster I would like to request that you delete my thread.

What? Prove that any of my posts are not fact!

Sparks started flying when a quote was posted that made the absurd statement:

"It's long established law that making a claim for the sole purpose of reselling it creates a void claim with no rights"

When such absurd statements are made as if they are fact someone should set the record straight!

There are other absurd statements that I proved absurd. You and others "Like" the absurd posts making it even more important that someone posts verifiable info to set the record straight.

I have posted nothing but verifiable facts. Most of the facts that I have posted included links and/or screenshots to the facts.

Prove me wrong!

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other

It's been moved and seconded (By likes) that this thread be removed from T-Net due to the inaccurate information people are expounding that could cause others to get into trouble with the law. All in favor?????

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Placer Examination (wells) is where I quoted from in my last post.

"I. DESCRIPTION OF SAMPLES
A mining claim may be validly located and held only after the discovery of a valuable mineral deposit. When it becomes necessary to determine the validity of a claim and the sufficiency of discovery is in doubt, the Government will initiate contest proceedings during which the testimony is given by parties to the conlest and their witnesses. During such proceedings, assay certificates or other sample data are submitted as evidence of value, or lack of value. The sample and assay data are important in that the hearings examiner or the court must rely on them to a large extent to determine if a
valid discovery has been made."

If/when we head west next winter we will not file claims. We will go right to heavy gold deposits shown in USGS files and extract the valuable mineral deposit. If we happen to be on someones claim due to not seeing or not having their required corner and discovery monuments and the claim owner shows up we can and will dispute the validity of their claim...

The Government will then initiate contest proceedings during which the testimony is given by parties to the conlest and their witnesses. During such proceedings, assay certificates or other sample data are submitted as evidence of value, or lack of value. The sample and assay data are important in that the hearings examiner or the court must rely on them to a large extent to determine if a valid discovery has been made."

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/453731-claim-broker-shysters-6.html#post4866232

Wow the lasts two paragraphs just blow my mind. I almost agree that the thread should be locked now that you have revealed this sinister plan as we don't want people thinking that this is morally acceptable in any way shape or form. I like how you derailed the thread hinted at more regulation might occur if we discuss the issue then go on to reveal the shystiest plan I've ever heard.

I'm interested in hearing more about how you can reconcile this as being ethical in any way. I can only interpret from this thread you have little respect for small scale miners/hobby miners, their communities and the honorable history behind small scale mining. Why even reveal your idea to take these people to court and take their claim through your unscrupulous methods. Correct me if I'm misinterpreting your statements.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree Alex. I don't know about you but that sounds like planned mineral trespass to me. In my mind it strongly sounds like they're encouraging illegal activities which if I remember right is against the forum rules.

We can only hope that they give it a try and get caught. Being hauled off to jail may be the only way to get through to them.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow the lasts two paragraphs just blow my mind. I almost agree that the thread should be locked now that you have revealed this sinister plan as we don't want people thinking that this is morally acceptable in any way shape or form. I like how you derailed the thread hinted at more regulation might occur if we discuss the issue then go on to reveal the shystiest plan I've ever heard.

I'm interested in hearing more about how you can reconcile this as being ethical in any way. I can only interpret from this thread you have little respect for small scale miners/hobby miners, their communities and the honorable history behind small scale mining. Why even reveal your idea to take these people to court and take their claim through your unscrupulous methods. Correct me if I'm misinterpreting your statements.

No Alex it needs to be deleted, I would hate to see someone doing a search on the internet and take this garbage for gospel and act on it. Tell ya what, the next thread can be on highgrading. I'm thinking from the looks of it this person is as equally versed in unlawful mining technics as they are in mining law...........................

Chsbrns "If/when we head west next winter we will not file claims. We will go right to heavy gold deposits shown in USGS files and extract the valuable mineral deposit. If we happen to be on someones claim due to not seeing or not having their required corner and discovery monuments and the claim owner shows up we can and will dispute the validity of their claim..."

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been way over thinking this stuff? All I need to do on a weekend trip, is drive west, take out a heavy deposit and drive home rich?!! Sounds simple enough!Does USGS have an X where you need to dig? :laughing7:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If/when we head west next winter we will not file claims. We will go right to heavy gold deposits shown in USGS files and extract the valuable mineral deposit. If we happen to be on someones claim due to not seeing or not having their required corner and discovery monuments
and the claim owner shows up we can and will dispute the validity of their claim...

Poacher1.jpg

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been way over thinking this stuff? All I need to do on a weekend trip, is drive west, take out a heavy deposit and drive home rich?!! Sounds simple enough!Does USGS have an X where you need to dig? :laughing7:

All you need to do is believe IN YOUR OWN MIND that the claim you are high grading is invalid, then yes... Dig Away...

Unfortunately/FORTUNATELY we don't all have a "personality disorder" and we (the sane ones) believe in the rule
of law, and respect other people and their property, and don't just make stuff up and call it the truth when its convenient.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No Alex it needs to be deleted, I would hate to see someone doing a search on the internet and take this garbage for gospel and act on it. Tell ya what, the next thread can be on highgrading. I'm thinking from the looks of it this person is as equally versed in unlawful mining technics as they are in mining law...........................

Chsbrns "If/when we head west next winter we will not file claims. We will go right to heavy gold deposits shown in USGS files and extract the valuable mineral deposit. If we happen to be on someones claim due to not seeing or not having their required corner and discovery monuments and the claim owner shows up we can and will dispute the validity of their claim..."

Wow! Like I said, it is like arguing with a, ah, ah, a claim-jumper; they are always right...it seems that they just like to argue.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah no problem I understand, this would be worse than any of the things the thread was originally designed to discuss if people actually started doing what he is talking about...

I feel like I should make a research tip thread soon or add to Clay's thread so everyone can find these magical USGS maps or others that he speaks of for their area:)

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you need to do is believe IN YOUR OWN MIND that the claim you are high grading is invalid, then yes... Dig Away...

Unfortunately/FORTUNATELY we don't all have a "personality disorder" and we (the sane ones) believe in the rule
of law, and respect other people and their property, and don't just make stuff up and call it the truth when its convenient.

I'm just making jokes...I really don't know much about claims. I do know that there is a lot of unmarked, unsigned land all over. I would think it's the individuals responsibility to know what land they are digging on,hunting or whatever...It really shouldn't have to be marked. That's more of an opinion I guess since I know little about claims. My land doesn't have... no hunting,growing of your own plants,dumping trash, or any other sign on it, not even sure the corners are marked. Not, sure that's even remotely the same?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears someone is once again stirring trouble..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread