Desert prospecting

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im back over here in prospecting this is actually where i should be running my story as we havnt found anything worthy of mining in years, what we do is prospect.
so i will start another thread here just about prospecting and how we get er done.

With that said see you tonight with the first of our desert prospecting pics n storys.

GT........................

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what ya need for the desert...more fun than rolling a barrel full of environutz off a cliff-John:headbang:

Attachments

• PESCO Commercial Sized.JPG
    PESCO Commercial Sized.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 192

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im back over here in prospecting this is actually where i should be running my story as we havnt found anything worthy of mining in years, what we do is prospect.
so i will start another thread here just about prospecting and how we get er done.

With that said see you tonight with the first of our desert prospecting pics n storys.

GT........................

And I'll be looking for it GT:happy1:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking forward to it Herb. At least with the new phone I should be able to keep up while out prospecting myself.

John if you can supply the barrels I know where to find all kinds of enviro nuts and some nice high cliffs. Just saying.... 😈

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dozen or so barrels,anytime is fine as plenty of ungodly steep cliffs around here :occasion14: fun way to spend the day for me-John

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i had a long winded rant about all the trash left from the miners, shooters, off roaders n campers going out to our area, wont show any pictures just have to say you club folks are the masses and someones leaving the trash out in the wilderness mining areas, if you all dont want to loose these valued resources you best hopp on the wagon help us pic up the trash.

We quit picking up trash and doing road repair just to see how much assesment work was actually being done by claim holders out here.
yes picking up others trash is assesment work, i noticed once we left the scene the road repair stopped also.

next week i have to go out and pick up a bunch of trash left by gold prospectors n shooters, it going to be hot, not a lot of fun and im giving up my time n fuel for mining.

I know it does no good so spout off maybe one or two will listen n help, with that said ive had enough placer prospecting one can find me deep in the hard rock.
Gt...............

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i had a long winded rant about all the trash left from the miners, shooters, off roaders n campers going out to our area, wont show any pictures just have to say you club folks are the masses and someones leaving the trash out in the wilderness mining areas, if you all dont want to loose these valued resources you best hopp on the wagon help us pic up the trash.

We quit picking up trash and doing road repair just to see how much assesment work was actually being done by claim holders out here.
yes picking up others trash is assesment work, i noticed once we left the scene the road repair stopped also.

next week i have to go out and pick up a bunch of trash left by gold prospectors n shooters, it going to be hot, not a lot of fun and im giving up my time n fuel for mining.

I know it does no good so spout off maybe one or two will listen n help, with that said ive had enough placer prospecting one can find me deep in the hard rock.
Gt...............

Garbage left by old timers(rotted wood, rusty food cans and steel) is some how tolerable because thats the way it was for the times. Trash left by fools out there today just looks like crap is unacceptable on any level.

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. I used to get calls weekly from friends that wanted to know if I was going out mining and if they could tag a long. I usually took them to one of my sites that had some gold but not a lot of it and a little harder to find. The trip was actually me feeling them out to see how they prospected, what they knew and how or if they respected the area we were at.

Out of maybe 2 dozen people that I've taken with me over the years, only 3 or 4 of them cared not to leave holes uncovered or trash lying around. I never took the people that disrespected the hobby or the land out again. Sure they kept bugging me. I told them why I wouldn't and their eyes would glass over and it was like what I said wasn't sinking in.

Plenty of people out there that just don't give a darn. I keep trying to educate and help people but seems as time goes by I get picky-er on who I take with me. I always carry out what I carry in. I carry a box of trash bags in the truck as part of my essentials and most always drive home with at least one bag in the back plus who knows what...might be part of an old piece of furniture or an old appliance or maybe a couple tires.

We really have to make sure we're good stewards thats all. It's really not that hard.

Sam

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Gt... It is great that you are a caring and conscientious and clean up other's messes, so that the authorities can't find a reason to shut down what you love to do most and that is Gold prospect! I have been to a few GPAA Claims and one LDMA Claim and some of the members that prospect on these, I am sorry to say are slobs. When the GPAA had the Claim at Coker Creek, the place was a total trash dump and they would dig large and deep holes with a backhoe and sometimes leave them wide open for long periods of time. After a Prospector and his friend drove into the Claim in the middle of the night and drove the Prospector's truck into one of these holes and both guys nearly drowned, the GPAA's Lease was terminated. It is sad that some folks are literally pigs, are not considerate of others and have no consideration as to the consequences!

Frank

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is apparently why they have so many officials overseeing these public lands, left to their own devices people would destroy it all, I see many people do not care for their own homes let alone property they do not own. Very Sad

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is apparently why they have so many officials overseeing these public lands, left to their own devices people would destroy it all, I see many people do not care for their own homes let alone property they do not own. Very Sad

And very true , indeed, it seems these careless people escaped their Mam's behavior's lessons !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread