Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker & 26" Bazooka Prospector Gold Trap Stolen NorCal

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker & 26" Bazooka Prospector Gold Trap Stolen NorCal

Just what the title says, I work my claim full time and went down this morning to find my 7ft gold hog raptor highbanker and brand new Bazooka Prospector gone, We left the night before just before dark and the hike is about 1.10 miles from the nearest road and pretty rough terrain here in Placerville...

So this had to have happened right after we left ( maybe they were watching us from the woods waiting for us to leave ) or they did it before 9am this morning...

I guess it is my own fault for not hiding the gear better but did not think anyone would be done there that late at night as it is pretty rough terrain and pretty dangerous if you make one wrong move hiking back..

I already informed Chris and Todd at BGT just in case they hear anything but just wanted to put this out there in case anyone comes across anyone using or trying to sell these units...

It is pretty clear that the thief's were miners because I had the mat hidden away from the highbanker and that was also taken, and the reverse riffle tray was also hidden in a bucket about 30 feet from the highbanker and that was carefully stolen, alll the way down to the mat locking bar as well... The normal avg joe or tweaker would have no idea that they would need those parts... They did not steal other things I had down there such as the Le Trap and other $50-$100 items...

Also had to be 2-3 people to carry all that out and carry it up about 800 feet elevation 1.10 mile hike...

Anyhow sucks but have to keep at it I guess, just wanted to put this out there and if anyone hears or sees anyone with this gear that fits this above please let me know.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread