Glades Creek 3.15.15

smiked

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to go out and give prospecting a try. I bought one of the Gold Rush Nugget Buckets to give it a try out near Alma, CO last month, but too much snow didn't allow for that to happen. Luckily as I researched prospecting, I stumbled on one of my friends who is on YouTube ( Goldtherapy ) and has prospected with some of the members here. After traveling through middle TN through Chattanooga, we got to meet up and head to Glades Creek and spend 4.5 hours on the creek. Mostly a learning experience for me as this was my first time trying it, but it was a beautiful day and left with some gold. Not much, but that's not the important part. Learning what to look for and how to pan correctly were the most important parts. Now i'm mapping the next spot we'll try in that area.

xLrsiGU.jpg
View getting to Chattanooga

za6dJKY.jpg
One of the nice parts about the Gold Rush bucket is that you have everything you'd need to start to prospect in one bucket.

B5zBFTb.jpg
Interesting find from a creek in middle TN

Mbl8RT2.jpg
Glades Creek

wx6hswT.jpg
2nd shovel in and found this...almost a picker

r1eFZ89.jpg
After 4.5 hours, this was my snuffer bottle

The nugget bucket was a good tool to have. For the novice like myself, it was extremely easy to get going. The clay in that area clogged it a couple of times, but nothing I couldn't work at for a little bit and get through. The times I didn't get clay it classified 2-3 shovel fulls at a time without any problems. I'd recommend it to anyone for portability and ease of use. Hopefully next time it'll come away with a little more.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    494.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!

I am saying that to the stone knife.
Sure looks like that to me,,,You should ask one of the guys that hunt arrowheads and spear-points for more info on it.

It looks worked to me,,, but I have NEVER seen one that was "curved" like that.

I personally think you should just create a new thread just about this item alone.

Glad to see you got color,,, The stuff I find up here in Pa is smaller than that,,,hahaha

Hit

OP
OP
S

smiked

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!

I am saying that to the stone knife.
Sure looks like that to me,,,You should ask one of the guys that hunt arrowheads and spear-points for more info on it.

It looks worked to me,,, but I have NEVER seen one that was "curved" like that.

I personally think you should just create a new thread just about this item alone.

Glad to see you got color,,, The stuff I find up here in Pa is smaller than that,,,hahaha

Hit

Posted a new thread in North American Indian Artifacts section about that piece. Hope to get more info on it too. Thanks too... Hopefully the next trip we come away with more, but a good time none the less regardless

OP
OP
S

smiked

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds but you should be care full showing any potential Indian stuff the feds might kick your door in to get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread