dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, I hardly post in the prospecting section of TNET, but I just got an email from PLP asking for assistance. So I'm pasting the email here to help get the word out.

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

link to Public Lands for the People, Inc.
Update your profile | Forward to a friend

Join or Donate here

Dear loyal Public Lands for the People Members,

PLP would like to thank all of you who came out and supported PLP at the Stockton GPAA Gold Show last weekend. It was a great show and couldn’t have been so successful without the many volunteers from the 3 clubs that worked tirelessly for three days! Central Valley Gold Prospectors, Delta Diggers, Sacramento GPAA Chapter and the East Bay Prospectors are AWESOME! Not only did they work tirelessly to make the GPAA Gold Show a success (of which they did a fantastic job!), they voted unanimously to donate the major prize raffle proceeds to Public Lands for the People to continue in the legal fight to bring back dredging to California! Are they just the best folks or what? PLP Board Member Jerry Shodall, myself and our lovely wives worked the PLP booth and had a terrific time meeting so many friendly, highly supportive folks that thanked us for being at the shows. We saw many old friends and made a bunch of new ones and are thankful for you all. We can’t fight these things without all of us pitching in and doing our part.

Another hardworking club, The Route 66 Club voted to donate their entire portion of the Pomona GPAA Gold Show major raffle to PLP. What a great bunch of folks, who understand the stakes are high in the legal cases and are willing to put their money where their mouth is! THANK YOU!

PLP along with American Mining Rights Association (AMRA), hosted a roundtable discussion on all types of legal land issues and updates at the Stockton show which was very well received. The GPAA is happy to see this cooperation amongst the mining community and more of these gold show talks to inform miners are planned.

Just as we were unpacking from the show, another road closure issue has raised it’s ugly head...so here is theACTION ALERT:

The Cleveland National Forest has decided to close more roads and it’s up to us to let them know they need to allow miners access to their claims! They need to hear from a bunch of us, and FAST!

The public comment period ends on MARCH 19th!

Attached is the letter from the Forest Service Supervisor William Metz announcing the closure of “unauthorized routes”, which in this writers opinion is political correct speak for old roads that have been historically used by miners and other outdoor user groups for many years.

Please take 10 minutes and write a letter ASAP reminding them that they need to allow miners access to their Federal Mining Claims under the 1872 Mining Law. You can email your comments to: [email protected] Please be polite and remember, they count the number of responses FOR and AGAINST. We need to be in the majority to make a difference in the outcome.

Remember, if we all do something, even a little, we will accomplish a whole lot!

Let’s take it back and KEEP IT!

Thanks to you all,

Ron Kliewer, PLP VP

Become a member or renew your membership in PLP and lets

"TAKE IT BACK AND KEEP IT!"

PLP1.org !

PLP is auctioning vintage items, books, gold nuggets, T-shirts, POLO shirts etc. etc. which may pique your interest. When you purchase one of our gold bearing dirtbags (not a reclusive gold miner with dust in his pockets) you get a bag of gold bearing dirt that you can pan out on your own or better yet with the kids. Wouldn't they love to pan out their very own gold. Here is a link to our Auction site on eBay.

PLP auction site - eBay

Please pass this on to all Your e-mail contacts.

If someone forwarded this to you, you can subscribe to these emails at PLP email signup.

( PUBLIC LANDS FOR THE PEOPLE - A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization )

Fighting for your right to mine is very expensive. PLP will auction Gold or any donations you donate (tax deductible) to raise operating capital.

If you will help we take just about anything from old heirlooms to vehicles to GOLD dust or nuggets. CASH will be accepted also.

DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
WE ARE A NONPROFIT 501(C)(3)

Please check it out today.

You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website or a gold show and expressed interest in keeping our public lands open and accessible. If you wish to unsubscribe please use the link toward the bottom of this email.

PLP
2948 conata stduarte, California 91010

Add us to your address book
Copyright (C) 2015 PLP All rights reserved.

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

why did I get this?

unsubscribe from this list

update subscription preferences

PLP ·
2948 conata st
· duarte,
California 91010
· USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Sent from a empty soda can!

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is Victor and from your own account it is doing the same with you. I just don't believe you have a heavy hand holding you down. those very groups that get bashed by a very few members here are the only groups sticking their necks out to help the few cases that are in the courts right now. Fact is there are miners who get into "trouble" so to say. Some roll over and pay fines and get down and dejected. And a few stand up for the rights they know they have and those groups mentioned get involved to help. And help they have. The main cases now wouldn't be where they are if . PLP ,WMA KEENE, GPAA, the new 49ers,Pacific legal weren't involved. I just want to know how its a bad thing for groups like that to help miners and outdoorsman. Or why someone wouldn't want them to exist.
I know your busy and I don't want to assume you havn't looked but, check out some of the people they have helped and the rights they have preserved. Again I don't know how standing up for people who have little representation is negative. they keep retirees and people like you and I that make some to all of their income from the earth looking and digging(legally).

My only income when the ban went in affect in '09 was dredging...we kept dredging for about 70 days after but being worried about everything switched us to pick and shovel work again. Went back to my old standby....Restaurants...I do have three kids and a wife you gotta be responsible.
Work has a way of pulling you away from family and what I really enjoy and mentally thrive on sooooo its back to mining for me has been that way for a while now.
No more managing other peoples empire(business) its not worth it.
So Gold is again a major component of my income. And between a part time job making sluice boxes and trying to take part in the supply side of the industry, a huge garden, hunting and fishing. I am taking care of my family i'm not on welfare or hurting. My public land rights are very important to my livelyhood.
I can't hold my self to any different class then someone who digs just weekend or once a month or on vacation for that matter. Anyone who wants to dig has every right at the opportunity that you and I have.
I am doing well Victor and I want to help others. And I don't like when people lose focus of the fact that even though there are restrictions and ill intended groups that hate miners. The fact remains we actually have great protection and opportunity...and if more small scale miners backed up that support the trend and wave of positivity would keep sustaining us well past the days when we can still make it in and out of the canyons.
Clubs spread info...legal groups support miners....I don't worry about retirees digging all the color...I like having clubs and non- profits.....If it were just us small scale prospectors against these green non-profits....we would have a much much harder time then we do now.

Remain informed and support your fellow diggers that goes for everyone. Don't hate on the only groups that exist to help....we burn those bridges and we won't have any more rivers to cross.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.....And so recorded! Well put GW.

Mad Marshall- "I sincerely doubt I have any "say whatsoever" in what rights I have or any of these issues period!!! So with that being said I suspect I can keep my opinions to myself."
- Not so Victor, History shows us it is always that one individual who's willing to stand up for what he believes in that ends up making the biggest difference. For what it's worth I believe you two guys are living life the way it was intended and 75% of us here would love to be living it in the same way but can't.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread