20150317_163805.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0

Wiggler

May 9, 2019
The Real Northern Calif.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This gold was taken from the 1st of January to February 12th. Of that time period, I made 13 trips to the claim when weather permitted. Some days were better than others, with the best day being 4.3 grams (worst was .8 gram - got both my gauntlet gloves wet with icy water and had to leave early). Yes, nice chunky pieces. I like how just a few of these pieces can really surprise you on the scale! A real motivator that’s for sure.

You are an ANIMAL ! Good stuff. I wish wasn't working on a rental house now . Its cramping my style . Thanks for living the dream for all of us !

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This gold was taken from the 1st of January to February 12th. Of that time period, I made 13 trips to the claim when weather permitted. Some days were better than others, with the best day being 4.3 grams (worst was .8 gram - got both my gauntlet gloves wet with icy water and had to leave early). Yes, nice chunky pieces. I like how just a few of these pieces can really surprise you on the scale! A real motivator that’s for sure.
Very awesome, we have had so much flooding here in western Wa. so mining has been out of the question but I look forward to hitting the rivers in the next few weeks to see what the flooding has done.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very awesome, we have had so much flooding here in western Wa. so mining has been out of the question but I look forward to hitting the rivers in the next few weeks to see what the flooding has done.

Wife and I have been out several times since the flood. It's been fun trying to figure out where the gold moved to.:dontknow: Still get something every time though. Just passed 10 grams total! (Total for all time for us) :headbang:

Lemarquez

Greenie
Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waw great pictures and great outings. I am in France and there are much less things like that....

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wife and I have been out several times since the flood. It's been fun trying to figure out where the gold moved to.:dontknow: Still get something every time though. Just passed 10 grams total! (Total for all time for us) :headbang:
Awesome Mike, you are doing better than I did my first year but that was many years ago and I had no one to help me except the Buzzard " GPAA Founder " he taught me a lot. You want to test your skills, try mining Olney Creek, gold is very spotty, source basically unknown but I may after 40 years figured it out. I spent a year on Olney, every Sat and Sunday and it all started with a 1/4 inch flake I found there but the point here is that I learned to find gold on a creek that has gold but it is not easy to find it, I got only about 1 gram that year but then the Sultan river that was closed to mining was opened up again and I got 8 grams of course gold my first day only because of what I learned mining Olney Creek.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome Mike, you are doing better than I did my first year but that was many years ago and I had no one to help me except the Buzzard " GPAA Founder " he taught me a lot. You want to test your skills, try mining Olney Creek, gold is very spotty, source basically unknown but I may after 40 years figured it out. I spent a year on Olney, every Sat and Sunday and it all started with a 1/4 inch flake I found there but the point here is that I learned to find gold on a creek that has gold but it is not easy to find it, I got only about 1 gram that year but then the Sultan river that was closed to mining was opened up again and I got 8 grams of course gold my first day only because of what I learned mining Olney Creek.

Definitely have thought about trying Olney. Also thought about trying the Bear Den area, if I can talk the wife into trying to get in there, lol. The 10 grams is total for about 2 1/2 years, but about 5 of it is in the last 4 months so we are excited about our learning curve. For now those spots on the Sky are exciting for us! Even just testing we do well enough to be happy with the results.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Mike , Bear Den wiped out, the Goose and friends hit it hard but I did not show them the richer spots there, you should see the damage they did, also unless I show you how to get in forget it, they clear cut the area so the old trails are gone, even I have a hard time getting in there now and I have been going to that place since 1993. This pic is just up river from the Bear Den DSC00287.JPG that is about 200ft climb down step canyon walls with no trails anymore. Also I should mention the Everette watershed police that patrol the area and if you end up mining or carrying mining equipment on there properties there you will fined and possible jail time. One more thing to get to the good gold you will have to dig down at least 6 to 8ft down and be able to move 4ft boulders, very hard to do but I have the equipment down there to do it and have done it. If you want to mine the Sultan your best bet would be to join the WPMA, they have claims up river and you can drive up to them but the 600ft climb down is not bad but the climb out is a killer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread