OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still learning on the bazooka. Much simpler then a "normal" sluice. I have to run it extra slow to keep the super fine. I have tried the same spot slow and at a step incline and it definitely makes a difference. I certainly can't do a 5 gallon bucket in the 5 minutes they say if I want to hold on to the real fine stuff. 20 minutes for me. But no classifying.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great stuff, thanks for sharing! @mshanygin how do you like the Bazooka so far? I have a MacKirk, but spend quite a bit of time classifying. I'm thinking the Bazooka might be better suited for the places I plan to frequent.

I have a 36" Sniper and I LOVE it. Not having to classify, pretty lightweight, the nylon handle, even it being made of black ABS helps to see any gold going down, I have nothing bad to say about them. They're excellent sluices. If for any reason you get one and didn't like it (not likely to happen) you could easily sell it and get what you paid for out of it as they hold their value.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I know where your mining but will keep your secret, I have a secret place too, not to far away from your place, the pics below, one is gold from the Skykomish, you can see how similar they are to your finds, got that a couple weeks ago, 3 buckets run threw the sluice, the next pic is of gold I get from the secret place and the gold coin is the size of a quarter, believe it or not I found the coin dumpster diving last September on a job site, Hope you found a lot today, I'll be up this weekend on the sky. View attachment 1133092 View attachment 1133090

Washington miner too. Mighty nice finds for around here.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Washington gold

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got double from what I got yesterday. The pictures don't do it justice.
View attachment 1133233

That is gorgeous gold no matter where ya got it, but to
have found it in Everett? That makes it all the better!

BTW, I have a Gold Cube, and Everett is only a 90 min. drive. Two guys,
a high-speed, 38 gal. classifier plus Gold Cube would get almost every
speck of that small stuff, plus anything larger......:occasion14:

But I understand if ya don't call...:laughing7:

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's take update further updates.

Et1955 gave me a little walk-through of how a experienced prospector looks at a bank. How to look for indicators. Tips on claims and clubs. A complete treasure of knowledge. Here is my take from his location.. thank you again Ed. 20150323_102835.jpg

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another pic

Bigger than my usual spot. And thank you Echoplex for keeping me company. Good workout. Good day. 20150323_102950.jpg

Last edited:

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was fun, man! A big thanks to ET for taking the time to show a noob tips on how to read the aftermath of floods.

My take was smaller. I spent too much time monkeying around with my new sluice. It took some time to figure out when I had it set up properly. As you can see by comparison, I lost a lot of fine gold thanks to having the sluice set up poorly for the first few hours. It was a great learning experience for me though! Next time will be much better!

Gold.jpg

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I know where your mining but will keep your secret, I have a secret place too, not to far away from your place, the pics below, one is gold from the Skykomish, you can see how similar they are to your finds, got that a couple weeks ago, 3 buckets run threw the sluice, the next pic is of gold I get from the secret place and the gold coin is the size of a quarter, believe it or not I found the coin dumpster diving last September on a job site, Hope you found a lot today, I'll be up this weekend on the sky. View attachment 1133092 View attachment 1133090

The gold looks great and the Napoleon has an additional 5+ grams of gold. Very nice take!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am green with envy, at your nice clean gold, from your secret spots. I wish you future success.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Guy's, it was great day, you passed lesson one are you ready for lesson 2 ? I will be going to my secret river this coming Sunday, it is about the same level of physical effort as the Sky, want to come ?, let me know. This river is a totally different beast, the more rivers you mine the better you get, you will be going from finding fine gold to course gold. Ed

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be there for sure. Meet at same place same time? Dammit! Is it almost weekend yet?!

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Mike, below is a pic of the gold I got that day, just kidding, that is actually gold a dredger got 6 years ago just upstream from my claim that I showed you, going to do the Sky this weekend, it just had another flood, going to bring down my electric highbaker, hope to see you there, Ed gibby-3-0082.jpg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Mike, below is a pic of the gold I got that day, just kidding, that is actually gold a dredger got 6 years ago just upstream from my claim that I showed you, going to do the Sky this weekend, it just had another flood, going to bring down my electric highbaker, hope to see you there, Ed View attachment 1137379

Lol

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike, below is a pic of the gold I got that day, just kidding, that is actually gold a dredger got 6 years ago just upstream from my claim that I showed you, going to do the Sky this weekend, it just had another flood, going to bring down my electric highbaker, hope to see you there, Ed View attachment 1137379

I feel like if I had seen that in your pan last weekend, I would have quit my job and just spent all week there. Also just might have fainted. Can't wait for Sunday. I am so ready I have been sleeping with the boots on and the pan on the night table. Just tell me where and when. I will be there.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great day on the Skykomish with my new friends, hear is my take, Ed. 20150329_165228a.jpg had to use a larger pan, the line is 6 inches long

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done, Ed! Gonna pan my cons today and see how I did. Had lots of fun, but when will my body stop aching? lol, I need a highbanker asap. Looking forward to Everett Mike's take too.

After you left, I was poking around in the moss and panned a 3 x 3 inch little tuft. There were a dozen or so specks of gold in that little piece alone! Fun spot for sure. I want to bring my son up one of these days. He'd have fun mossing, since it is so easy.

Have a great week, guys!

-Mike

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is my total for that day. I had a blast. Thank you both for the company and the exercise. Looking forward to next time already. 20150330_143857.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread